Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Xbox One UK Retail Chart - Infinite Warfare Knocks Battlefield 1 Off Top Spot

• Posted on 07 November 16 at 19:30Permalink
    That Gears 4 ratio, though.
    War...war never changes.
  • oO KwaX OooO KwaX Oo199,587
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 19:30Permalink
    ORB1T4L said:
    it's only because COD4R is included
    xONLY INHUMANx said:
    most people only got the new cod because they [...] wanted to play cod 4 remastered
    Goggs25 said:
    only got thing was cod 4 which was only bundled with game because they knew the new cod game was a pile of shit
    Dang3R Gaming said:
    I bet a good chunk of those sales are only for MW Remastered too, not people wanting IW itself.
    That's what I though too but then, we have this on TA:
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare : 10,982 tracked gamers
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered : 8,144 tracked gamers

So I'm not too sure about that, now.
  • C0LOURMEGREYC0LOURMEGREY440,319
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 19:38Permalink
    Dang3R Gaming said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Haven't checked the actual numbers myself but IW sales on opening week are less than half of BLOPS3.
    And I bet a good chunk of those sales are only for MW Remastered too, not people wanting IW itself.
    There is no 360/PS3 version, That is the simple reason sales are less
  • AhayzoAhayzo645,262
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 19:59Permalink
    C0LOURMEGREY said:
    Dang3R Gaming said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Haven't checked the actual numbers myself but IW sales on opening week are less than half of BLOPS3.
    And I bet a good chunk of those sales are only for MW Remastered too, not people wanting IW itself.
    Nailed it I'm sure. Give it time though, franchises like this with diehard fans will sell consoles.
    #mentallypudding
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 20:42Permalink
    Lets be honest here, infinite warfare didn't beat battlefield 1, cod 4 remastered beat battlefield 1.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant477,904
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 20:42, Edited on 07 November 16 at 20:44 by LuckyKantPermalink
    oO KwaX Oo said:
    ORB1T4L said:
    xONLY INHUMANx said:
    most people only got the new cod because they [...] wanted to play cod 4 remastered
    Goggs25 said:
    only got thing was cod 4 which was only bundled with game because they knew the new cod game was a pile of shit
    Dang3R Gaming said:
    I bet a good chunk of those sales are only for MW Remastered too, not people wanting IW itself.

Disagree. 4 of my friends have played the remaster but only 2 have started IW. Only 1 has played both.

alklein92201 said:
    C0LOURMEGREY said:
    Dang3R Gaming said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Nailed it I'm sure. Give it time though, franchises like this with diehard fans will sell consoles.
    Not nailed at all. 360/PS3 sales only accounted for 8% in opening week. Opinions are not facts. wink

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/09/black-ops-iii-is-the-new-uk-nu...

The image was tagged with: Call Of Duty: Black Ops III – nobody cared about the last gen versions laugh
    Still waiting for sigs to stop deleting.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv488,394
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 22:06Permalink
    I'd be more interested to read which game sold the most units in its first week.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant477,904
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 22:32Permalink
    All I can find is B1 had more players in the opening week than B4 and Hardline doubled.
    Still waiting for sigs to stop deleting.
  • AhayzoAhayzo645,262
    Posted on 08 November 16 at 00:55Permalink
    Frankies Back said:
    Lets be honest here, infinite warfare didn't beat battlefield 1, cod 4 remastered beat battlefield 1.
    I find it hard to believe that only the deluxe editions of an unbelievably popular franchise beat out all sales of another unbelievably popular franchise.

LuckyConquerer2 said:
    alklein92201 said:
    C0LOURMEGREY said:
    Dang3R Gaming said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Not nailed at all. 360/PS3 sales only accounted for 8% in opening week. Opinions are not facts. wink

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/09/black-ops-iii-is-the-new-uk-nu...

The image was tagged with: Call Of Duty: Black Ops III – nobody cared about the last gen versions laugh
    Wow I'm actually pretty surprised at that. The last gen was just zombies and multiplayer, right? The only two modes that really make enough profit for Activision to care too much about? I guess more people upgraded consoles than I thought.
    #mentallypudding
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,437,668
    Posted on 08 November 16 at 01:38Permalink
    oO KwaX Oo said:
    ORB1T4L said:
    xONLY INHUMANx said:
    Goggs25 said:
    Dang3R Gaming said:

These could still be off as many got MW Remastered for the multiplayer, and the achievements are single player so they could have played tons without the site registering that they started it.

Also, my guess is many at least booted up the game they payed for, IW, to see what it was about & then moved on the MW Remastered multiplayer with friends.

That seems a likely scenario and would account for the skew.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • WyyvernWyyvern516,798
    Posted on 08 November 16 at 10:17Permalink
    alklein92201 said:
    C0LOURMEGREY said:
    From the source of this article:

However, it’s not enough to outperform last year’s ‘Black Ops III’ launch week with sales down 48.4%. There is no Xbox 360 or PS3 version this time round, although even comparing just PS4 and Xbox One; sales are still down by 43.6%.
    Here be dragons.
  • Posted on 08 November 16 at 20:07Permalink
    LOL NEW COD was a joke was not nothing great story bit boring it waqs ok to good

BUT BF1 is much better i eveb beat the game on hardset setting.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.