Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 Are Now Backwards Compatible

• RDSRDS455,753
  • HMCascadeHMCascade145,914
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:41
    So very happy to hear this. Now I may replay it all again in one big swoop , picking up the DLC i missed.
  • PhantomLionsPhantomLions813,202
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:41
    Two awesome games added to an already awesome list. clap
  • IronshieldIronshield24,290
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:42
    I'm glad to finally see these games added, now maybe I'll actually get around to finishing the 3rd one at some point.
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:44
    Huh, now the question is, are the saves still compatible with one another? As in, could someone start fresh on ME 1 on the Xbone and import that character across 2 and 3?
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:44
    Hoping for the Batman Arkham games to be added to BC!
  • LLboxedLLboxed306,915
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:47
    Oh that is awesome news!

ME3 is on my to do list. :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:50
    rock
    t-t-t-today junior
  • LLboxedLLboxed306,915
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:50
    BionicTriforce said:
    Huh, now the question is, are the saves still compatible with one another? As in, could someone start fresh on ME 1 on the Xbone and import that character across 2 and 3?
    I, too, wonder how you're going to get those saves imported to the One. I don't recall them being saved in the cloud. Will give it a shot soon.
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:52
    This is great news!
    I brake for Hulking Phase Beasts!
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58528,358
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:53
    And another tidbit missed in this and other news articles about the games - they are all available on the EA Access Vault.

BionicTriforce said:
    Since all the games running on BC use cloud storage for the game save files on the One, then they should work across all three games.
  • PolyMoosPolyMoos739,340
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:54
    Yea! Games I actually own
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58528,358
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:55
    LLboxed said:
    BionicTriforce said:
    I, too, wonder how you're going to get those saves imported to the One. I don't recall them being saved in the cloud. Will give it a shot soon.
    You can upload your 360 game saves to the cloud then access them on the One. I somehow lost my ME1 game save as I cannot find it on any of my hard drives or backup storage for some reason.
  • Outlawed TornOutlawed Torn2,393,343
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:58
    Can someone test the JP version of Mass Effect 2 to see if it's backward compatible?
  • DrMmmPieDrMmmPie473,618
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 19:00
    Called it as did a few others.

In the other BC the other day
    Note: This post contains my personal opinion. So don't hate on it.
  • LLboxedLLboxed306,915
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 19:01
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    LLboxed said:
    BionicTriforce said:
    You can upload your 360 game saves to the cloud then access them on the One. I somehow lost my ME1 game save as I cannot find it on any of my hard drives or backup storage for some reason.
    Thanks for this! clap
  • Ironed GoatIroned Goat837,023
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 19:04
    These are free with EA Access too!
    MY TA interview - http://goo.gl/TVEEH
  • SnipedByAGir1SnipedByAGir14,060,463
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 19:05
    Bummer. I would still rather they remaster this trilogy. With all the remasters out this is the only series I really want remastered, Would happily stack this.
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 19:12
    Awesome news!
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 19:13
    JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:
    Hoping for the Batman Arkham games to be added to BC!
    Asylum and City probably won't happen for a while since Return to Arkham recently came out. I do hope they eventually come, though, I wouldn't mind stacking the Japanese version. :P
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads