AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 08 November 16 at 08:21
Please use this thread to discuss the Batman: Arkham Asylum walkthrough
Information Posted on 11 November 16 at 17:22
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Batman: Arkham Asylum Walkthrough
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 28 February 19 at 19:47
So i have a possibly dumb question, but if you could advise id greatly appreciate it! Looking at this guide im trying to determine how its suppose to be used. So are we suppose to have multiple pages opened and "merge" them together? I guess ive never seen a guide like this. 1st page has selected achievements, then the following pages have collectibles, etc. Both reference places to do most of them, but without simultaneously reading both im not really understanding how its suppose to be followed. It says 1 plathrough, as well as areas that you can't back track so i see this being an issue. My apologies if this doesnt make sense, im just trying to find the best plan of attack so to speak and am super confused by the guide and its layout. Thanks for any and all help!!
Matthew
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 01 March 19 at 02:10
You can get everything in one playthrough, nothing is missable. However, this is on our needing improvement list for very obvious reasons as you have pointed out above. Essentially no area gets locked off though, so you can always get the collectables after the end-game or work on them as you go.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 01 March 19 at 02:58
Dang3R Gaming said:
You can get everything in one playthrough, nothing is missable. However, this is on our needing improvement list for very obvious reasons as you have pointed out above. Essentially no area gets locked off though, so you can always get the collectables after the end-game or work on them as you go.
Hey! Thanks for the response! Yea, I went to the OG walkthrough and I saw the same type of comments. But to be clear, are you saying nothing is missable? It states there are 2 of them, though I can’t figure out which ones.
Matthew
LordRex172
LordRex172
Posted on 01 March 19 at 03:29
Batman: Arkham AsylumLeave No Man BehindThe Leave No Man Behind achievement in Batman: Arkham Asylum worth 11 pointsRescue the guards and henchman from the Joker toxin in Decontamination

Batman: Arkham AsylumParty PooperThe Party Pooper achievement in Batman: Arkham Asylum worth 16 pointsKO all the henchmen celebrating your arrival at the party

Those are your missable achievements. The first one is very early, probably like 10 minutes in and the second one is just before the end of the main story. Those two are only missable because you get one chance at them, not because an area becomes inaccessible.
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 01 March 19 at 04:13
Yeah it's been a while so I forgot about those 2, but yeah, no collectables are missable, but the 2 achievements are pretty easy. Party Pooper maybe not so much on Hard, but still easy enough.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 01 March 19 at 05:24
LordRex172 said:
Batman: Arkham AsylumLeave No Man BehindThe Leave No Man Behind achievement in Batman: Arkham Asylum worth 11 pointsRescue the guards and henchman from the Joker toxin in Decontamination

Batman: Arkham AsylumParty PooperThe Party Pooper achievement in Batman: Arkham Asylum worth 16 pointsKO all the henchmen celebrating your arrival at the party

Those are your missable achievements. The first one is very early, probably like 10 minutes in and the second one is just before the end of the main story. Those two are only missable because you get one chance at them, not because an area becomes inaccessible.
Dang3R Gaming said:
Yeah it's been a while so I forgot about those 2, but yeah, no collectables are missable, but the 2 achievements are pretty easy. Party Pooper maybe not so much on Hard, but still easy enough.
Thanks a lot guys! It’s been so long since I played this, I’ve almost completely forgot how the game plays out! I definitely didn’t remember that it is “sandbox” and you can get the achievements at any point. But I’ll def. be giving it a go now! Party pooper looks like it might be a bitch on hard but we’ll see lol
Matthew
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 01 March 19 at 06:14
Party Pooper wasn't all that bad on Hard, if you can handle multiple titans at once, you can handle 20 people, even if those 20 are in a confined space.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 01 March 19 at 06:40
Dang3R Gaming said:
Party Pooper wasn't all that bad on Hard, if you can handle multiple titans at once, you can handle 20 people, even if those 20 are in a confined space.
Haha yeah. Hopefully it’s just one of those, people tend to make sound harder than it really is 🤔😋
Matthew
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 23 May 19 at 14:07, Edited on 23 May 19 at 14:11 by Kanchanaburi
I am a seasoned player who has never played a batman game on the 360. I feel that the time required to complete is wrong. Perhaps 15-20 hours is enough for someone who has completed this game already and has learnt the game mechanics and combos.

However, after 20 hours I have completed the campaign on the hardest difficulty, and attempted a few of challenges which require you to master (which the combat challenges demand you master the combo system) and I still have a fair bit to go.

I started this game because of the low time requirement, which will turn out to be very wrong, even for an experience gamer such as I. I know the average for the people who completed is 15-20, but I do not feel this is the correct info that should be listed in the walkthrough for a new player to the franchise such as I.
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 23 May 19 at 14:18
This walkthrough is also one in need of improvement, so when it is rewritten, the time estimate may also change under a new writer. But a lot of walkthroughs will have time estimations like that, they won’t be accurate for every player, but my first time through the game ended I want to say around the 19 hour mark, others it could easily be 30-40. As long as they’re not over the top or way under, I don’t see enough of a problem to need to change the time estimate personally.
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 23 May 19 at 14:55
Just as an aside, this is on my list of walkthroughs that I plan to improve, so at some point I'll take this on and make any changes required.
Snakes & Bakes (https://www.instagram.com/bananabeanbakery)
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 28 May 19 at 08:05
Also, a note for the walkthrough. If you play the game on hard, then the challenges must also be completed on hard, which are very hard to get 3 stars on since the level of difficulty in keeping the combos up with the increased difficulty of enemies which break your combos, and how hard they hit when they do. So i feel there should be a warning of sorts, if people such as I, played hard right away and now I am struggling with the challenges on hard.
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 28 May 19 at 08:15
Actually, from what I remember the story difficulty chosen doesn’t affect challenges, I remember playing a normal map and the combat damage was like I was back on a lower difficulty whilst extreme was like being on hard.

The challenges are hard to get 3 stars on in the first place if you haven’t touched the batman games before, but difficulty definitely didn’t affect it from what I remember 100%ing 9 saves.
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 08 June 19 at 22:57
When i go into the menu, you must choose the file that you played the game on which have the challenges unlocked. I then go in, and when i do a challenge, the enemies hit just as hard in the campaign as they do in the challenge, meaning a single melee hit takes a huge chunk off my bar. As well, the enemies take a considerable damage to take down. I will replay the first fight challenge on my normal file to compare, but they sure do hit hard on my hard file.
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 08 June 19 at 23:13
It depends, are you playing an extreme challenge? Those are basically the equivalent of Hard, but the regular combat challenges I did on a Hard file and they definitely felt easier than the Story.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.