Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Forza 6: Apex Gets DLC on Windows 10

AuthorMessage
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 09 November 16 at 06:31
You want some more?

Please click here to read the story: Forza 6: Apex Gets DLC on Windows 10
Lvx
Lvx
Posted on 09 November 16 at 08:49
No additional achievements please.
DefEdge
DefEdge
Posted on 09 November 16 at 12:29
I'm still not even sure if I can play it. Min specs are kinda unclear about the processor, but my video card is a model number away.

Maybe someone can tell me here. Is the Intel i5-6400 at 2.7GHz strong enough to match the min Intel i3-4170 at 3.7GHz? Can the GeForce GT 730 be good enough when it asks for the GeForce GT 740?

I was able to research the GeForce issue, and it's maybe 80 MHz off from what the 740 can do, so I have no idea. I heard you wouldn't be allowed to download the game if your machine couldn't match the specs, but I don't know.
Phear my Uber Gimpyness!
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 09 November 16 at 12:33
It's a free download, the best way to tell at that point is download it and try. If it won't let you download, then you know.
Stans
Stans
Posted on 09 November 16 at 13:13
DefEdge said:
I'm still not even sure if I can play it. Min specs are kinda unclear about the processor, but my video card is a model number away.

Maybe someone can tell me here. Is the Intel i5-6400 at 2.7GHz strong enough to match the min Intel i3-4170 at 3.7GHz? Can the GeForce GT 730 be good enough when it asks for the GeForce GT 740?

I was able to research the GeForce issue, and it's maybe 80 MHz off from what the 740 can do, so I have no idea. I heard you wouldn't be allowed to download the game if your machine couldn't match the specs, but I don't know.
Even though the clock speed of your i5 is lower, it has double the cores so if the game takes advantage of this then you should be fine. Cpu has a minimal effect though really, its the gpu that's gonna be doing the majority of the work, and both the 730 and 740 only have 1gb vram. I'd reccommend a 750ti at least. If you got it running on a 730 it would probably look awful!
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 09 November 16 at 16:42
Lvx said:
If I was a developer I would put loads of achievements on DLC for every game I did, just to annoy elitist completionists who think games should be made for them...
Lvx
Lvx
Posted on 09 November 16 at 17:10
TheGreatKoala said:
Lvx said:
If I was a developer I would put loads of achievements on DLC for every game I did, just to annoy elitist completionists who think games should be made for them...
That's quite the assumption you make based on that one sentence. laugh
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 09 November 16 at 19:14
shock
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 09 November 16 at 20:05
Lvx said:
TheGreatKoala said:
Lvx said:
Seems accurate though. Why would you ever NOT want more? games aren't made for you, they aren't made for me. They're made for MANY hundreds of thousands of people.
Lvx
Lvx
Posted on 09 November 16 at 22:36
Zorlac0666 said:
Lvx said:
TheGreatKoala said:
Lvx said:
Seems accurate though. Why would you ever NOT want more? games aren't made for you, they aren't made for me. They're made for MANY hundreds of thousands of people.
So how does that make my statement wrong? Just like you'd perhaps like more achievements, I'd prefer not. It's still my opinion, I'm not imposing it on anyone.
Double D Shox
Double D Shox
Posted on 09 November 16 at 23:09
Would be very nice to get additional 250 to 500 G. :)
DefEdge
DefEdge
Posted on 09 November 16 at 23:12
Stans said:
DefEdge said:

Even though the clock speed of your i5 is lower, it has double the cores so if the game takes advantage of this then you should be fine. Cpu has a minimal effect though really, its the gpu that's gonna be doing the majority of the work, and both the 730 and 740 only have 1gb vram. I'd reccommend a 750ti at least. If you got it running on a 730 it would probably look awful!
The only reason I'd be bothering with this game is because my Tier score in Forza Rewards won't reach the new maximum without this game, considering they wanted us to pay 10 bucks in useless tokens for several games just to max out the points, so I'm coming up short with points even with full Forza 6 and Horizon 3, which is bull.

Honestly I wouldn't care if it looked like PS1 era graphics so long as I can play it effectively enough. I just don't want to start this thing up and get "Sorry, your computer is a piece of trash and can't play our state of the art game." Or even worse yet, melt my PC into a pile of slag. Not saying it's a powerhouse because I know it isn't. I had a video card fail on me because I tried to play City of Heroes years ago and I had the settings a bit too high on it.
Phear my Uber Gimpyness!
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 10 November 16 at 00:44
Lvx said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Lvx said:
TheGreatKoala said:
Lvx said:
So how does that make my statement wrong? Just like you'd perhaps like more achievements, I'd prefer not. It's still my opinion, I'm not imposing it on anyone.
Actually if you get your way it wold be imposing it on everyone.
Evil Kenivl
Evil Kenivl
Posted on 10 November 16 at 06:38
DefEdge said:
Stans said:
DefEdge said:

The only reason I'd be bothering with this game is because my Tier score in Forza Rewards won't reach the new maximum without this game, considering they wanted us to pay 10 bucks in useless tokens for several games just to max out the points, so I'm coming up short with points even with full Forza 6 and Horizon 3, which is bull.

Honestly I wouldn't care if it looked like PS1 era graphics so long as I can play it effectively enough. I just don't want to start this thing up and get "Sorry, your computer is a piece of trash and can't play our state of the art game." Or even worse yet, melt my PC into a pile of slag. Not saying it's a powerhouse because I know it isn't. I had a video card fail on me because I tried to play City of Heroes years ago and I had the settings a bit too high on it.
If your pc isnt able to run it you WILL NOT BE ABLE to download it anyway! At least its the case for me... The download button in the WIN10 store sipmly doesnt work if your system specs are to low!

To be precise its about my GPU... Direct X11 ;-( I need a GPU with DirectX 12...
Gaming since 1990!
Lvx
Lvx
Posted on 10 November 16 at 07:05
Zorlac0666 said:
Actually if you get your way it wold be imposing it on everyone.
I'm pretty sure if that were the case it wouldn't be because Turn 10 looked at this thread and decided to not use achievements because of me. So no, you're wrong.
Jezza69
Jezza69
Posted on 10 November 16 at 10:15
This game reminds me why I am glad I am no longer a PC gamer. I can just about run it on a laptop I have although the constant juddering and crashing makes getting those Platinum medals impossible.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 10 November 16 at 12:07
Jezza69 said:
This game reminds me why I am glad I am no longer a PC gamer. I can just about run it on a laptop I have although the constant juddering and crashing makes getting those Platinum medals impossible.
So you can't get achievements because of you're hardware? Why is that a knock on PC gaming?
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 10 November 16 at 14:23
Zorlac0666 said:
Jezza69 said:
So you can't get achievements because of you're hardware? Why is that a knock on PC gaming?
How is it not?
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 10 November 16 at 16:46
Eurydace said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Jezza69 said:
How is it not?
You not having hardware powerful enough to run a game doesn't make pc gaming bad. it makes your hardware bad. That would be akin to crying you can't run Xbox one games on an Xbox 360. if you want to play modern games you need modern hardware. Simple as that. That's not a fault in the platform at all, but your hardware, and your thinking if you think otherwise.
NegativeCreep08
Posted on 10 November 16 at 16:49
Zorlac0666 said:
Lvx said:
TheGreatKoala said:
Lvx said:
I'm sure there are many hundreds of thousands who don't care about achievements but are fed up with having to pay ever increasing amounts of money to get a full game experience
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.