Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: November 11th, 2016

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 12 November 16 at 01:44
Dishonored 2 is here

Please click here to read the story: XBL Content Roundup: November 11th, 2016
FEAR EPIDEMIC
FEAR EPIDEMIC
Posted on 12 November 16 at 01:51
Sweet rock
Terrin
Terrin
Posted on 12 November 16 at 01:59
So I have been trying to confirm this but have not had much luck, wasteland 2 hit the windows 10 store a few days ago, and it is soppose to be live enabled but cannot verify if you go through the game hub section it does say it has achievements, I think it does share achievements with the xbox list but not cross buy or cross play. Kinda like a oxenfree, shadow complex system
WestsideSxE
WestsideSxE
Posted on 12 November 16 at 03:42
def on the storefront, but i do not have the 40 dollerydoos to see if it's enabled ehe
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 12 November 16 at 05:12
so they are dividing up the MP gears community. Who the hell would pay $5 for a map? Especially one that was touched up?
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 12 November 16 at 07:31, Edited on 12 November 16 at 07:33 by KBop a doo
Kanchanaburi said:
so they are dividing up the MP gears community. Who the hell would pay $5 for a map? Especially one that was touched up?
The maps are on rotation and are open to everyone. So right now Checkout and Drydock are coming up in rotation for every player, no dividing of the player base. Buying it just gives you access to it permanently in private games when it is no longer in rotation. This is the new pay structure they're trying out and I do agree it is a bit odd. But, on the other hand, no need to buy the maps/season pass unless you wanted access to the extra cosmetic stuff or private play that badly.

The only time there is a bit of dividing is the week before they release for everyone, when they are only available to season pass owners, and are shoved off into their own separate "developer playlist."
Ereaser NL
Ereaser NL
Posted on 12 November 16 at 11:31
KBop a doo said:
Kanchanaburi said:
The maps are on rotation and are open to everyone. So right now Checkout and Drydock are coming up in rotation for every player, no dividing of the player base. Buying it just gives you access to it permanently in private games when it is no longer in rotation. This is the new pay structure they're trying out and I do agree it is a bit odd. But, on the other hand, no need to buy the maps/season pass unless you wanted access to the extra cosmetic stuff or private play that badly.

The only time there is a bit of dividing is the week before they release for everyone, when they are only available to season pass owners, and are shoved off into their own separate "developer playlist."
For as far as I know the maps stay in rotation.
And the season pass doesn't give you that much extra's cosmetic stuff (only a few boxes).

Also $5 is a ridiculous price for a map and I'm glad I didn't get the season pass.
Terrin
Terrin
Posted on 12 November 16 at 12:26
So the windows 10 store version is live enabled and has its own set of achievements
dale smeegle
dale smeegle
Posted on 12 November 16 at 13:23, Edited on 12 November 16 at 13:24 by dale smeegle
The season pass isn't that bad in value, the gearpacks you get would cost £10 less than the season pass and if the maps all cost £5 the next 22 maps will be freebies?!
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 12 November 16 at 14:47
Ereaser NL said:
KBop a doo said:
Kanchanaburi said:

For as far as I know the maps stay in rotation.
And the season pass doesn't give you that much extra's cosmetic stuff (only a few boxes).

Also $5 is a ridiculous price for a map and I'm glad I didn't get the season pass.
From what I've read, when the next two maps launch next month, the previous two maps will be taken out of the rotation.

And same here, unless they add something to the season pass or maps (achievements?), there doesn't seem like much point in getting the maps unless you really want to play Horde on them with friends. I'm all about multiplayer so having access to them in "private lobbies" doesn't really mean anything to me!
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 13 November 16 at 20:44
Terrin said:
So I have been trying to confirm this but have not had much luck, wasteland 2 hit the windows 10 store a few days ago, and it is soppose to be live enabled but cannot verify if you go through the game hub section it does say it has achievements, I think it does share achievements with the xbox list but not cross buy or cross play. Kinda like a oxenfree, shadow complex system
I didn't include Wasteland 2 because it isn't listed in the Live section of the Win 10 store. If it does have Live features, I don't think they're active yet. Certainly we've had no achievements scan into the site.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.