The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: November 15th, 2016

• Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen770,704
    Posted on 18 November 16 at 14:00, Edited on 18 November 16 at 14:12 by Das Kuhnen
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Das Kuhnen said:
    Kingdom: New Lands is still showing up for $10.04 (USD) on the xbox.com store:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/Kingdom:-New-Lands/C...
    I don't know about "still". This is a new discount as part of the Black Friday deals that are being set as we speak.
    Possibly, but the game page says "expires in four days" when you're logged in. Possibly an error discount?

Used "still" because I thought it had just been on sale.

*edit* Nevermind. I just checked a couple other games from Major Nelson's list and some of them are also discounted early. His page says "Starting Nov. 22nd", but a few seem to have jumped the gun.
    Half the lies I tell are not true...
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,567,910
    Posted on 18 November 16 at 14:16, Edited on 18 November 16 at 14:20 by xPut Name Herex
    Das Kuhnen said:
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Das Kuhnen said:
    Kingdom: New Lands is still showing up for $10.04 (USD) on the xbox.com store:

link hidden
    I don't know about "still". This is a new discount as part of the Black Friday deals that are being set as we speak.
    Possibly, but the game page says "expires in four days" when you're logged in. Possibly an error discount?

Used "still" because I thought it had just been on sale.

*edit* Nevermind. I just checked a couple other games from Major Nelson's list and some of them are also discounted early. His page says "Starting Nov. 22nd", but a few seem to have jumped the gun.
    Not jumped the gun, the Gold members get a "Preview" of the week's sales starting today,

EDIT: And yes, their marketing team really thought "Hey, they can 'preview' the sale by giving them the sale!" was something that didn't sound ridiculous laugh
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen770,704
    Posted on 18 November 16 at 14:35
    laugh
    Half the lies I tell are not true...
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666222,030
    Posted on 18 November 16 at 17:07
    The store page for the individual games seems broken right now.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,129,984
    Posted on 18 November 16 at 18:15
    Zorlac0666 said:
    The store page for the individual games seems broken right now.
    Its not for me so I'd suggest it's your browser - try clearing cookies
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899537,448
    Posted on 18 November 16 at 19:13
    ROCK ZoMbie the game is broken. There is a bug where it does not allow you to save your progress so you can beat the game and not get any gs whatsoever. Nor are you able to save your progress as it does not recognise you. It needs to be taken off sale.
    Look at the forum.
    I wish true achievements would let me review it. I would say broken needs fixed.
  • Posted on 19 November 16 at 03:11
    HabitualNewt said:
    Trikke den 1e said:
    Tempted by WRC 5, but I've never played any of these series.

Are there people out there who have and wish to share their experience?

From the graphics and gameplay I saw on youtube, it looks pretty decent.
    Got it yesterday, very decent.

If you want to grind out the few online, im game.
    I just got it the other day and so far I like it. It's a little repetitive but the driving seems realistic to rally and I like that the damage is real too so you cant bounce around like a pinball. Worth the sale price, plus easy achievements.
  • IzumadIzumad204,901
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 04:41
    Grug said:
    Bought Rock Zombie but having problems getting the game to recognise my gamertag (tried logging in and out, rebooting, etc, for about 2 hours last night), so I am not able to earn achievements. Anyone else? Any fixes for this yet or on the way does anyone know?
    I have the same issue with this game. Any updates?
  • Revid CargianRevid Cargian1,144,895
    Posted on 21 November 16 at 08:59
    Izumad said:
    Grug said:
    Bought Rock Zombie but having problems getting the game to recognise my gamertag (tried logging in and out, rebooting, etc, for about 2 hours last night), so I am not able to earn achievements. Anyone else? Any fixes for this yet or on the way does anyone know?
    I have the same issue with this game. Any updates?
    I haven't seen anything yet, but I have contacted the dev on Twitter, and via email. Only just sent those off, so I'm waiting for a response (which might happen? I have no idea how active they may be if they actually see something from someone). If I get nothing back, I'll be contacting Xbox Support on Twitter to see if there's any information. If it looks entirely hopeless, I'm going the "sorry, but this is an entirely broken product that is impossible to make and keep progress in" route, and requesting a refund. I'm sure they'll argue against it, but if they feel they can get away with selling a broken game, they'll be sorely mistaken soon enough. =P

For now, I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that something does come up as far as a solution goes, since I genuinely do find a dumb level of enjoyment out of the game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads