TrueAchievements Polls Forum

Forum for our TrueAchievement Polls Only TA Staff can create polls here.

Xbox Turns 15 Today - Share Your Favorite Moments and Games

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
TrueAchievements NewshoundTrueAchievements News Assistant Manager8,940 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 18:32
Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:17
Happy decade and a half, green team!

Please click here to read the story: Xbox Turns 15 Today - Share Your Favorite Moments and Games
Poll: Of some of the highest rated games across all three Xbox consoles, which is your favorite?
  • 15.2% - Halo: Combat Evolved
  • 2.2% - Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
  • 8.6% - Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic
  • 14.1% - Red Dead Redemption
  • 12.9% - Mass Effect 2
  • 14.5% - BioShock
  • 9.1% - Grand Theft Auto V
  • 1.8% - Overwatch
  • 8.2% - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • 13.4% - Other

• We had 3,615 responses to the poll.
    You must log in to vote on this poll
    DeadlyName007
    31,978 TrueAchievement Points167 posts
    Last post: 23 Feb at 17:18
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:29, Edited on 15 November 16 at 16:46 by DeadlyName007
    Back in 2001 I was 3 years old.

Back in 2006, I chose a PS2 over an Xbox in the store and that was my mistake that I will never forget. I chose that becuase it wasn;t easy to find games for it and I wasn't old to go to stores and ask and I wasn't using net, but now I lost my chance and I won;t be able getting one at all cry

I joined the Xbox family back in June 2008 with 360 and GTA IV. I really played the game until Christmas which I got CoD 4 I played the campaign of it so much, until my next game which I lost the count now :D
    Daddy Peaches
    33,628 TrueAchievement Points25 posts
    Last post: 09 Jan at 16:26
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:31, Edited on 15 November 16 at 16:32 by Daddy Peaches
    Of course this is like picking your favourite child, how do you really choose? next week I would pick something else and last week would have been another option.
    DaveKinetic
    DaveKinetic
    TrueAchievements NewshoundTrueAchievements Social Manager6,283 posts
    Last post: Yesterday at 04:37
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:34, Edited on 15 November 16 at 16:36 by DaveKinetic
    My fondest memory was probably the day I got my Xbox 360 and went online for the first time. It was like magic to me being able to play and talk with friends. We played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare all night and I ended up having to go to work with no sleep and having to take 1/2 day holiday.

Red Dead Redemption is a special game for me though, so I picked that.
    TA Social Manager | Newshound | Game Info | Community & Events Team | @DaveKinetic
    Cower Before me
    TrueAchievements Pro userTrueAchievement Site Rank: 1,064 out of 349,713197 posts
    Last post: 22 Feb at 00:40
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:34
    My Xbox gaming started late 2005 when I bought an Xbox And fable. Those were the days I played through that game like 10 times haha
    Kennyannydenny
    TrueAchievements Game Info EditorTrueAchievements Pro user5,628 posts
    Last post: 22 Feb at 12:28
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:35, Edited on 15 November 16 at 16:38 by Kennyannydenny
    I started my Xbox career back in 2001 with an Xbox Original and Halo: Combat Evolved. Halo was such an amazing game, I stood by the series ever since.

But I didn't vote Halo, I voted Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic. Kotor is such an amazing RPG, I love the game till death. Played both the original and sequel on the PC several times, it just never gets boring.

Most games in the poll were great (except for Overwatch, and i 've never played Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory), but I gotta stick with Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic. Halo is a close runner up for me though.
    Cower Before me
    TrueAchievements Pro userTrueAchievement Site Rank: 1,064 out of 349,713197 posts
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:38
    DaveKinetic said:
    My fondest memory was probably the day I got my Xbox 360 and went online for the first time. It was like magic to me being able to play and talk with friends.

We played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare all night and I ended up having to go to work with no sleep.
    Ya I remember the feeling of being able to talk to people over live for the first time too. I too also had pretty much the same experience with crackdown. My buddy and I pulled an all nighter and had to go to school in the morning. Then when we got home we played it even more haha
    LilGurgi
    LilGurgi
    103,432 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.5463486 posts
    Last post: 23 Feb at 18:31
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:40
    15 years ago I was a PS2 guy and was probably spending my time between GTAIII and any one of the Final Fantasy games. I was introduced to Xbox via playing the 360 at my friend's house and receiving a 360 Elite from my wife as a Christmas present the following year. First games I had was Forza Motorsport 2/Marvel Ultimate Alliance (came with system), Oblivion GOTY edition, and COD4. First time I went onto Xbox Live was amazing to say the least with COD4.
    KBop a doo
    KBop a doo
    TrueAchievements Newshound3,390 posts
    Last post: Today at 02:40
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:42, Edited on 15 November 16 at 16:42 by KBop a doo
    Cower Before me said:
    DaveKinetic said:
    My fondest memory was probably the day I got my Xbox 360 and went online for the first time. It was like magic to me being able to play and talk with friends.

We played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare all night and I ended up having to go to work with no sleep.
    Ya I remember the feeling of being able to talk to people over live for the first time too. I too also had pretty much the same experience with crackdown. My buddy and I pulled an all nighter and had to go to school in the morning. Then when we got home we played it even more haha
    I remember actually waking up early to game. When I was in middle school, people would wake up like three hours early and play Halo 2 online before school, and of course would play again after. This continued into high school with later games like Halo 3 and COD4. It was amazing.
    KJer25
    KJer25
    363,378 TrueAchievement Points137 posts
    Last post: 24 Feb at 12:41
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:42
    Other.....Dead Space...drop the mic haha
    LilGurgi
    LilGurgi
    103,432 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.5463486 posts
    Last post: 23 Feb at 18:31
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:43
    Other - My vote would go to Oblivion or Skyrim. Both very awesome, open world, action/RPG style games. Well worth the money and the DLC also did well to prolong the experience.
    NawtyCawty
    NawtyCawty
    361,366 TrueAchievement Points3,550 posts
    Last post: Yesterday at 22:49
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:44, Edited on 15 November 16 at 16:44 by NawtyCawty
    I remember the first retail game I ever completed (pre DLC) was Burnout Paradise, and I did it legit before boosting was even invented. Spent hundreds of hours playing that game online just for fun, remember that? And it's still the best racer there has ever been in my opinion.
    Mtld
    Mtld
    854,166 TrueAchievement Points1,038 posts
    Last post: 22 Feb at 18:26
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:45
    I chose Splinter Cell. I remember doing missions and trying to get 100% before achievements were a thing.
    xPut Name Herex
    TrueAchievements ModeratorTrueAchievements Community Events Organizer11,022 posts
    Last post: Yesterday at 23:02
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:45
    "Other", for Halo 2. The entire reason I got an Xbox in the first place I think the only game my brothers and I played on the Xbox, and we played it nearly non-stop. It was fantastic.
    lukehimselfau
    1,120 TrueAchievement Points1 post
    Last post: 15 Nov 16 at 16:47
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:47
    I had a PS2 as well but bought the Xbox because it was a "store return" and they sold it really cheap with no guarantee of working. It worked fine though. I think the only game I ever played on it was one of the Burnout games. Even though they were available on PS2, I think I had found a cheap used copy so I would play this on Xbox!

Now I just own an Xbox One, it's enough for me!
    Yazite
    Yazite
    TrueAchievements Moderator202,078 TrueAchievement Points5,230 posts
    Last post: Yesterday at 21:36
    I remember getting my first Xbox 360 in 2008. Before that I used to play on a PS1 and 2 mostly. I got Xbox Live the day before the New Xbox Experience update, so I only had the epic blades dashboard for one day. Good times playing Halo 3, COD 4 and Guitar Hero 3 late into the night.
    Laugh it up, fuzzball.
    ForeverMidnight
    214,769 TrueAchievement Points9 posts
    Last post: 15 Nov 16 at 16:47
    My favorite moment had to be my first achievement and my achievement that brought me over 100k.

When the 360 came out, I couldn't afford one. I could however afford the Dead Rising video game, and that was the BIG thing. All those zombies on the screen, the throwbacks to the Romero films, funny satirical villains.

I was able to borrow my friends 360 on the promise that I would loan him Dead Rising. There was the inevitable *BLOIK as I earned that first achievement. Afterwords it was a flurry of gameplay after gameplay after gameplay. It was this new way for me to enjoy a game over and over and over, adding tremendous replay value. Eventually I got my own 360 and the game I bought for my first console was Oblivion. So many hours of my life to that game...

I would do my best to net all 50 achievements for those games so that I felt I got my moneys worth and so I could brag to all of the friends I didn't have. It gave me something to do during my down time when I was stationed overseas.

When I noticed I was finally less than 1k away from 100k, I thought I needed to find a game that was most fitting for that occasion. I mean, that's at least 100 games or so dedicated to the score, so I needed something monumentous or memorable. That's when I realized I had yet to get my hands on Dead Rising 2.

It came full circle, my first ever achievement earned while I was a teenage outcast playing Dead Rising 1. Half a decade, hundreds of dollars worth of energy drinks, hundreds of games, 1000's of hours, & 1000's of achievements later; I heard that oh so familiar *BLOIK again during Dead Rising 2, bringing me over 100,000 achievement points.
    Cower Before me
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:51
    KBop a doo said:
    Cower Before me said:
    DaveKinetic said:

I remember actually waking up early to game. When I was in middle school, people would wake up like three hours early and play Halo 2 online before school, and of course would play again after. This continued into high school with later games like Halo 3 and COD4. It was amazing.
    I used to wake up 3 hours early for school to play windwaker on the GameCube haha
    o Heres Jonny o
    631,726 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Site Rank: 1,056 out of 349,713593 posts
    Last post: 16 Feb at 23:57
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:52
    For me it was the first achievement I got over 10 years ago now. Active reload on gears of war, then I heard that sound that changed my gaming life forever! Long live xbox, here's to the next 15 years.
    Happy Gaming
    TangerineGamer
    TrueAchievements ModeratorAchievement Completion Percentage: 98.63% (Includes owned DLC) - 50 more achievements required to reach 99%2,416 posts
    Last post: 21 Feb at 15:23
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 16:52
    A toss up between GTA V and RDR, chose RDR because I played that so much I got the Zebra Donkey mount for no real reason and would happily play it all over again if they ever remastered it
    Yours sincerely, TG
    Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.