Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dead Space: Ignition and Escape Dead Island Now Backwards Compatible

• EurydaceEurydace521,310
  • Posted on 15 November 16 at 22:37Permalink
    Don't play it.
    I did Escape Dead Island for my review for college.
    I am never touching it again.
    I have nightmares about that game.
  • Grimace221Grimace221897,587
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 22:46Permalink
    Why not regular dead island?
  • Posted on 15 November 16 at 22:51Permalink
    Ah yes, everybody's favourite entries in the respective franchises. Great choices!
    S. A. W. F. T. SAWWWWWWFT
  • Posted on 15 November 16 at 22:55Permalink
    The Minish Wolf said:
    Don't play it.
    Yeah, I know I'll probably be in the minority here but that wasn't my experience at all. I went in knowing it was meant to be really bad but didn't really mind it. Not great, sure, but thought it was "just ok". Though I did grab it when it was on sale for about £3 so maybe that had something to do with it as well.
  • witter56witter56580,284
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 22:59Permalink
    I actually quite enjoyed it :)
    Pretty fun achievements too.
  • misfit119misfit119940,937
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 23:08Permalink
    MasterChief Tom said:
    The Minish Wolf said:
    Don't play it.
    Yeah, I know I'll probably be in the minority here but that wasn't my experience at all. I went in knowing it was meant to be really bad but didn't really mind it. Not great, sure, but thought it was "just ok". Though I did grab it when it was on sale for about £3 so maybe that had something to do with it as well.
    I had that same experience with the game. Bought it super cheap, thought it was mediocre and then never want to touch it again. I think the fact that the story starts to get interesting and then goes absolutely nowhere was just the worst part of it. Well that and the DLC was boring as hell.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Posted on 15 November 16 at 23:14Permalink
    Now do i play it or leave it on the cupboard? Is it that bad? Escape dead island i mean, i picked up a copy ages back for £3.50. I know the graphics look borderlands ish that's about all tho. Did the other 2 Dead island's,
    Lifes bad deal with it and learn.
  • b0seijub0seiju566,162
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 23:15Permalink
    I didn't mind my first playthrough of escape DI, and now it's backwards compatible i'll probably finish it soon too!
  • Posted on 15 November 16 at 23:17, Edited on 15 November 16 at 23:22 by The Minish WolfPermalink
    misfit119 said:
    MasterChief Tom said:
    The Minish Wolf said:
    Don't play it.
    I had that same experience with the game. Bought it super cheap, thought it was mediocre and then never want to touch it again. I think the fact that the story starts to get interesting and then goes absolutely nowhere was just the worst part of it. Well that and the DLC was boring as hell.
    I DID play it all in one day (mostly) and by the end I hated everything and had a massive headache as well. So I may be a bit biased.
    It still sucks and no one should play it if they value their time and money.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,474,659
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 23:33Permalink
    The Minish Wolf said:
    Don't play it.
    Literally just finished it two days ago. It's not that bad at all.
  • Posted on 15 November 16 at 23:34Permalink
    It's funny to me how many people on this site forget the concept of a different opinion. Personally I did not enjoy Escape Dead Island but I understand get the appeal for those who did. They tried something different with the franchise which deserves some respect even though in my opinion it was a failed attempt.
    If I own the game and online, I'm happy to help just message me.
  • Posted on 16 November 16 at 00:59Permalink
    Grimace221 said:
    Probably because of the remastered version. I am not 100% sure if it is always the case, but I haven't noticed any games remastered or re-released that have also been backward compatiable.
  • Manic IntentManic Intent368,257
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 01:00Permalink
    Seeing Ignition make it to BC gives me hope that DS 2 & 3 are not far away
    MM
  • FigbenderFigbender580,954
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 01:02Permalink
    Lord Chavbuster said:
    Grimace221 said:
    Probably because of the remastered version. I am not 100% sure if it is always the case, but I haven't noticed any games remastered or re-released that have also been backward compatiable.
    There are a few, for example Saints Row IV
  • flubberfudgeflubberfudge605,449
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 01:37Permalink
    I feel like I'm the only person who liked this game. And maybe now we can get a good walk through on how to do the DLC achievements without missing any. Haha, as someone who has the original 1000 I like this game a million times better than the other dead islands
    Colton
  • Zenn PZenn P470,250
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 04:00Permalink
    I can't really imagine anyone being excited about Escape Dead Island now being playable on the One.

The game was objectionably mediocre. Outside of it's stark, "Borderlines-inspired" graphical style there's not much appeal unless you're a fan of the Dead Island series. Though, even that is not enough to truly appreciate this game. The game is extremely limited content-wise with unrewarding gameplay, forgettable characters, and a story line that goes completely nowhere. It wouldn't be so bad if it requires one playthrough for completion but the game requires at least 2 to finish everything which is asking a lot. It's just not really a fun game to play at all.

From an achievement hunter's perspective it is a simple completion but the DLC can be pretty uneventful and dreadful to do. The bonus DLC weapons were neat to have for the original 1000 though.

Though, to be fair, judging from its laughably cheap price tag, you essentially get what you pay for. Can't say I'd recommend it though. But if you're looking for a cheap game with easy gamerscore, albeit some nagging collectible achievements, then you could consider it.
    Moderation
  • misfit119misfit119940,937
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 05:07Permalink
    The Minish Wolf said:
    I DID play it all in one day (mostly) and by the end I hated everything and had a massive headache as well. So I may be a bit biased.
    Yeah, I didn't do that. I valued my sanity too much. I spread that out over several days and on my NG+ I had my fiancee sitting with me, making jokes about the hallucinations. That made it a lot of fun. But overall I was just really bored with the gameplay while enjoying the story itself. Until it made no sense, then I got mad at that too.

Butters tK said:
    It's funny to me how many people on this site forget the concept of a different opinion.
    How are they forgetting that by voicing their opinions? Or does everyone who voices their thoughts on a game have to slap the disclaimer *These are just the opinions of misfit119 and do not represent the TA community at large* onto every post.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Page DaemonPage Daemon358,988
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 05:11Permalink
    Dead Space: Ignition....man, that brings back memories. Not good ones, mind you, just memories.

I really need Dead Space 4.
    Page
  • Posted on 16 November 16 at 05:23Permalink
    misfit119 said:
    The Minish Wolf said:
    Butters tK said:
    It's funny to me how many people on this site forget the concept of a different opinion.
    How are they forgetting that by voicing their opinions? Or does everyone who voices their thoughts on a game have to slap the disclaimer *These are just the opinions of misfit119 and do not represent the TA community at large* onto every post.
    Yeah, I didn't do that. I valued my sanity too much. I spread that out over several days and on my NG+ I had my fiancee sitting with me, making jokes about the hallucinations. That made it a lot of fun. But overall I was just really bored with the gameplay while enjoying the story itself. Until it made no sense, then I got mad at that too.
    One does not simply tK some of the day. tK all day.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.