Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dead Space: Ignition and Escape Dead Island Now Backwards Compatible

• TitianDanTitianDan793,401
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 06:20Permalink
    Lord Chavbuster said:
    Grimace221 said:
    Why not regular dead island?
    Probably because of the remastered version. I am not 100% sure if it is always the case, but I haven't noticed any games remastered or re-released that have also been backward compatiable.
    Then youve not paid very good attention to bc lmao
    D Jones
  • Posted on 16 November 16 at 07:37Permalink
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    Ah yes, everybody's favourite entries in the respective franchises. Great choices!
    You know it! laugh
    CryogenicxAngel
  • Posted on 16 November 16 at 09:08Permalink
    misfit119 said:
    The Minish Wolf said:
    I DID play it all in one day (mostly) and by the end I hated everything and had a massive headache as well. So I may be a bit biased.
    It still sucks and no one should play it if they value their time and money.
    Yeah, I didn't do that. I valued my sanity too much. I spread that out over several days and on my NG+ I had my fiancee sitting with me, making jokes about the hallucinations. That made it a lot of fun. But overall I was just really bored with the gameplay while enjoying the story itself. Until it made no sense, then I got mad at that too.
    The only reason I did play it all in one day was because I left it too late and had to play it and write the review in like 2 days. I may hate it more than most people but I will stand by my word when I say, it sucks generally. It was just a cash in on the franchise to most likely tide people over until Dead Island 2.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483214,308
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 11:50Permalink
    Page Daemon said:
    Dead Space: Ignition....man, that brings back memories. Not good ones, mind you, just memories.
    Yeah, it wasn't a good game. But it helped tide me over until DS2 released, and it acted as a prologue to DS2 and got me even more hyped for that game.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • BrokenKnghtBrokenKnght326,636
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 14:44Permalink
    Page Daemon said:
    Dead Space: Ignition....man, that brings back memories. Not good ones, mind you, just memories.

I really need Dead Space 4.
    Seconded. Please give us Dead Space 4.
  • DANIELJJ14DANIELJJ141,486,488
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 15:38Permalink
    The Minish Wolf said:
    misfit119 said:
    The Minish Wolf said:
    I DID play it all in one day (mostly) and by the end I hated everything and had a massive headache as well. So I may be a bit biased.
    It still sucks and no one should play it if they value their time and money.
    Yeah, I didn't do that. I valued my sanity too much. I spread that out over several days and on my NG+ I had my fiancee sitting with me, making jokes about the hallucinations. That made it a lot of fun. But overall I was just really bored with the gameplay while enjoying the story itself. Until it made no sense, then I got mad at that too.
    The only reason I did play it all in one day was because I left it too late and had to play it and write the review in like 2 days. I may hate it more than most people but I will stand by my word when I say, it sucks generally. It was just a cash in on the franchise to most likely tide people over until Dead Island 2.
    It was by no means a straight up cash grab, considering it initially released at £20 on disc, sure it wasn't as long as the actual Dead islands but I was genuinely impressed by the publisher not charging the typical £40 price tag on release.

I thought it was a good game considering it was a clearly defined step in another direction, it wasn't trying to be the same as Dead Island and Riptide.
    Sure the story was batshit crazy but the underlying theme was the character going insane, hell the reason there was a new game+ based achievement was also building on the Groundhog Day element of it, made even more ridiculous when there were one or two subtle changes to things happening on the second play through playing with your expectations and memory of what happened the first time around.

Definitely worth the experience if it only costs £5 now better than most of the indie shit on Xbox one charging £10+
  • OMG IT5 EJOMG IT5 EJ864,848
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 18:59Permalink
    Not sure why Xbox is making me buy Dead Space Ignition again. Guess I will just finish the game on my 360.
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899375,519
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 20:39Permalink
    Page Daemon said:

I really need Dead Space 4.
    That made me laugh.
    Yeah DS4 been waiting a long time for that one. Also graphics redux of part 1 would be good.
  • Posted on 16 November 16 at 23:15Permalink
    DANIELJJ14 said:
    It was by no means a straight up cash grab, considering it initially released at £20 on disc, sure it wasn't as long as the actual Dead islands but I was genuinely impressed by the publisher not charging the typical £40 price tag on release.

I thought it was a good game considering it was a clearly defined step in another direction, it wasn't trying to be the same as Dead Island and Riptide.
    Sure the story was batshit crazy but the underlying theme was the character going insane, hell the reason there was a new game+ based achievement was also building on the Groundhog Day element of it, made even more ridiculous when there were one or two subtle changes to things happening on the second play through playing with your expectations and memory of what happened the first time around.

Definitely worth the experience if it only costs £5 now better than most of the indie shit on Xbox one charging £10+
    It was only £20? I had no idea, thanks for filling me in.
    I mean a lot of it is subjective but things I can safely say are bad about it are the visuals suck balls (I had shadows move with me, like move with Cliff or whatever his name was. They also glitched out and went crazy a few times) and the character development.

I could go on for a few paragraphs about why everyone sucks in the game (I mean, I did do that when I reviewed it) but the short version is, I didn't care about anyone in the game at all. They have no development and you are just supposed to like them for.... reasons?

Like I said though, a lot of it is subjective. If you are fine playing a pretty bad game, and getting some easy gamerscore, then yeah, its worth it in one sense of the word.
  • JedEganJedEgan592,083
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 23:46Permalink
    Dead Space Ignition doesn't show up in my ready to install list. Maybe it's because I got it for free when I preordered Dead Space 2. Any one else having the same problem? When I look at the game in the store it says the price is €5 instead of saying that I own the game and can install it.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo254,181
    Posted on 17 November 16 at 02:37Permalink
    Stevo6483 said:
    Page Daemon said:
    Yeah, it wasn't a good game. But it helped tide me over until DS2 released, and it acted as a prologue to DS2 and got me even more hyped for that game.
    Were there any bugs or what made this game less than average?
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • matdanmatdan749,818
    Posted on 17 November 16 at 04:07Permalink
    Two pointless cash-in titles, glad I'm busy with ME2
  • MushaConvoyMushaConvoy801,244
    Posted on 17 November 16 at 06:32Permalink
    Lord Chavbuster said:
    Grimace221 said:
    Why not regular dead island?
    Probably because of the remastered version. I am not 100% sure if it is always the case, but I haven't noticed any games remastered or re-released that have also been backward compatiable.
    Its true there aren't many. Someone else said Saints Row IV, there are a few others like Halo: Spartan Assault, Limbo, Castle Crashers, Castlestorm, Assassin's Creed II, and Shadow Complex.

I'm still holding out that one day 2K will live up to their promise and make Bioshock Infinite BC. Not touching their collection because I bought the Season Pass trusting their promises, and worse still PC owners got the new version completely free.
    Peace Through Tyranny
  • misfit119misfit119940,977
    Posted on 17 November 16 at 06:42Permalink
    MugenKairo said:
    Stevo6483 said:
    Page Daemon said:
    Were there any bugs or what made this game less than average?
    No bugs. It's just very dull and drab. Have to replay it a couple of times and it's basically a visual novel with a few hacking mini-games. Very drab, repetitive hacking mini-games. It's just boring really.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • MushaConvoyMushaConvoy801,244
    Posted on 17 November 16 at 06:46Permalink
    misfit119 said:
    No bugs. It's just very dull and drab. Have to replay it a couple of times and it's basically a visual novel with a few hacking mini-games. Very drab, repetitive hacking mini-games. It's just boring really.
    Worse still (IMO) was that there was nothing different the next time you played. I enjoyed the laser puzzles the most, but once you worked out the solution, there was no reason to replay it.
    Peace Through Tyranny
  • Posted on 17 November 16 at 07:18Permalink
    Hopefully this two come to BC sometime soon. I want dead space ignition but not willing to pay for it
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483214,308
    Posted on 17 November 16 at 11:31Permalink
    Living Legends said:
    Hopefully this two come to BC sometime soon. I want dead space ignition but not willing to pay for it
    Erm.... they are BC - hence the article. I can only assume you mean GWG to get them free, although if you already have it on the 360 it should be free anyway.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Posted on 18 November 16 at 01:34Permalink
    JedEgan said:
    Dead Space Ignition doesn't show up in my ready to install list. Maybe it's because I got it for free when I preordered Dead Space 2. Any one else having the same problem? When I look at the game in the store it says the price is €5 instead of saying that I own the game and can install it.
    A friend of mine and myself are having the same issue. I can download the game just fine on my Xbox 360 but it asks me to purchase the game on Xbox One. A chat agent made me jump through a few hoops and then gave up. Stating I should wait a little bit and check again. headspin
  • SeoulcrusherSeoulcrusher974,456
    Posted on 18 November 16 at 16:35Permalink
    Dead Space Ignition isnt showing up on my ready to install list either. I dont plan on ever playing it again, but its strange. Is it showing up for ANYONE?
  • misfit119misfit119940,977
    Posted on 18 November 16 at 21:41Permalink
    I have a feeling its only showing up for those who bought it instead of getting it free via Dead Space 2.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.