Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Clustertruck Review

• Posted on 16 November 16 at 13:43
    Just another day on the run

Please click here to read the story: Clustertruck Review
  • TuschiTuschi1,490,397
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 14:10
    The main gimmick is really strong though. I think the score is not quite fair. But I ain't gonna bitch about it either.
  • a dark mista dark mist383,843
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 14:32
    I bought this game on Steam a month ago. I love it. Cindy didn't play enough of the game to appreciate just how fun this puzzle platformer is.
  • Posted on 16 November 16 at 14:46
    3 hours???!?!?!?!?! Oh my god.
  • Posted on 16 November 16 at 15:13
    My guess is that the player would have been so frustrated by the 4th or 5th hour that the score would have suffered even more.

Super meat boy was neat and funny, but I hated the repetitive grind, as with many games. I wouldn't have personally given it a good score, but masters of the genre might have.

Remember that reviews still reflect the opinion of the reviewer. Why do you think so many people keep giving AAA titles such mixed reviews? (Not referring to this game) Because opinion.
  • Death and GloryDeath and Glory2,660,936
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 16:03
    Easy 5/5 for me. Provided enough of a challenge that didn't get me to the point of frustration. The game controls very well on a controller, besides it being difficult to jump and turn at the same time. TBH the game isn't even that hard until the very last level, although there's an exploit to beating it. 2.5/5 is way too low.
  • MarkyshizzleMarkyshizzle2,513,092
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 16:35
    id prob give the game a 4/5. Reviews should be based on how the game is designed to be played and gameplay. If you dont like the stay of the game, it doesnt automatically make it a 2.
  • builder dirgebuilder dirge1,589,288
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 16:38
    3 hours is not enough time for a review! Ridiculous
    Fear is the element that unites all losers - Motto of the Decepticon Dirge.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV3,061,028
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 17:20
    If its anything like runner 2 I did on the 360 awhile back I think ill pass. Having to restart levels over and over again really pissed me off.
  • Posted on 16 November 16 at 17:33
    builder dirge said:
    3 hours is not enough time for a review! Ridiculous
    I tried the demo and was able to beat three entire worlds in that half an hour. I think that three hours is more than enough time to judge this game.
  • CjhCarterCjhCarter1,385,800
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 19:05, Edited on 16 November 16 at 19:35 by CjhCarter
    Oh man, I thought this was a gem of a platformer. Personally I beat the game with all achievements clocking in at around 10 hours, in my honest opinion I don't think you would be getting the full experience with just 3 as others were saying.

The concept of the game is simple yet great, and definitely sticks out over other games of this genre. Honestly I felt like the difficulty throughout the game was fairly consistent except for 9-10 which is the the game's boss, but that is supposed to be challenging. If you had been able to get to the final level of ClusterTruck, you would be amazed at how they implemented the final boss fight. Also, the soundtrack is amazing and goes great with the overall theme of the game, as there is a different song for each level. If I had to pick, I'd say my favorite worlds in the game were the last 3 (Sci-Fi, Steampunk and Hell). To me, the game was never boring and each level brought a new twist which keep me interested throughout the experience.

Overall I think I'd give this a 4.5/5 or maybe even a 5/5, I guarentee anyone who is interested in platformers will enjoy ClusterTruck.
  • Jakez123Jakez1232,006,767
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 19:34
    Why's it listed as Action and not as Platformer?
  • CjhCarterCjhCarter1,385,800
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 19:36
    Jakez123 said:
    That's a good question, I was wondering the same thing honestly
  • MightyMangoMightyMango2,599,358
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 20:57
    I would consider it more of a platformer as well.

It is extremely repetitive though and I believe that 3 hours is more than enough to review a game like this.
  • EurydaceEurydace652,877
    Posted on 16 November 16 at 23:41
    Jakez123 said:
    It's just temporarily on hold while the new genre stuff is implemented. It will get fixed at a later date.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483360,843
    Posted on 17 November 16 at 10:56
    Can't believe this is even on the One. It's the same as many flash games from the late 90's or early 2000's (remember those Yeti Sports games?)
    I would expect this on a mobile device, not a console.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Posted on 17 November 16 at 14:34
    Stevo6483 said:
    Can't believe this is even on the One. It's the same as many flash games from the late 90's or early 2000's (remember those Yeti Sports games?)
    I would expect this on a mobile device, not a console.
    Probably has a little something to do with Microsoft's Universal Platform. Design for one and it will work on all. This way they get Xbox, Windows 10 PCs, Tablets, and phones. And the SDK has easy export to iOS and Android.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash544,750
    Posted on 17 November 16 at 17:24, Edited on 17 November 16 at 17:24 by WhyattThrash
    I'd be interested in reading a full review from one of you guys who seem to be more into this style of game. Also how it compares to what seems like similar titles like f.e. Super Meat Boy in quality and difficulty. Nothing against the reviewer, but it seems that they're maybe not that into this kind of game so it would be interesting to get a second opinion.
  • NerdrageXNerdrageX793,335
    Posted on 18 November 16 at 08:37
    tinybuild are good guys and they make great great games. Glad they're bringing the goodness to Xbox!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 November 16 at 17:10
    3 hours should be enough time to review a game like this. It's not Skyrim.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads