Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Game Awards 2016 Nominees Announced

AuthorMessage
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 23 November 16 at 18:33
This looks very sketchy to me. There are 2015 games in the mix. Not only that, but Blood and Wine is not even a game but a DLC. As great as the 2015 Witcher 3 was, a DLC just doesn't pass the laugh test. It looks like the nominating committee could have been a little more diligent in their choices.

Only Overwatch: Origins Edition (IMHO) is a serious candidate for GOTY. There seems to be a bias towards FPSs but, clearly, Titanfall 2 and DOOM don't deserver to be in the same conversation as Overwatch. You have to ask what the committee was smoking nominating DOOM. Admittedly, id Software did a fair job brushing off the cobwebs but the game is closing in on its quarter century anniversary.

Normally, I expect there to be some difference between my personal preferences and the choices of a nominating committee. I accept that. For example, I play few FPSs and prefer single to multiplayer games. Nevertheless, I recognize the exceptional qualities in Overwatch which certainly deserves to be nominated and possibly/probably win. Other titles on the list, though, are very questionable. I can only conclude that the nominating committee lacked the competence to put together a credible list.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.