Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 17 November 16 at 08:01
Please use this thread to discuss the Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection walkthrough
Information Posted on 16 February 17 at 02:23
We are currently looking for a new owner, please post in here or send the Walkthrough Manager a PM if you are interested in writing it.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 16 February 17 at 08:28
If I'm allowed, I'm willing to give this walkthrough a go.
Insert witty comment here.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 17 February 17 at 21:24
Dang, I was planning on doing this one as soon as I'm done with what I'm working on.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 24 February 17 at 12:29
For anyone wanting to know, I got access to the walkthrough today and have made a start on getting it finished. I'm trying to provide a more indepth walkthrough for AC2 that the 360 game has, and make sure everything from ACB and ACR is correct.

It's going to be a relatively long walkthrough, but should cover everything to 100% the game.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 24 February 17 at 17:14
If you ever need videos for the feathers or pretty much anything for AC2 I've got them, haven't gotten around to ACB/ACR yet.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 24 February 17 at 17:25
Thanks for the offer, but I think I have everything I need - videos and maps etc.
wellingtonbalbo
Posted on 24 February 17 at 22:39
Good work xDaff

Looking for this in the next few months toast
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 27 February 17 at 09:27, Edited on 27 February 17 at 15:03 by xDaff
I've ported over the AC:B and AC:R walkthroughs. I'm not a particular fan of the original AC:B walkthrough, so if people would like them rewritten, I'm happy to do so.

I'm up to Sequence 9 11 13 for the AC2 rewrite, it's extremely long, and it may have mistakes, especially to mission names etc. I've tried to be as accurate as possible, but please let me know if there are any mistakes when it's published. I'm trying my best to make the walkthrough as good as it could be, and ensure that it's meeting the standards set by the Walkthrough Team and Management.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 27 February 17 at 17:13
I look forward to it. And yeah I don't like the ACB walkthrough either so if you feel like it go ahead; when I was planning to write the EC walkthrough I was also planning to fix/replace all three of the 360 walkthroughs at the same time, so I'm all for you rewriting any of them.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 27 February 17 at 19:10
Sounds good to me, I'll have to get something written up and update it when it goes live. I'm happy with the Revelations walkthrough as it is for now.
I've got it in review just so it can go live, then I can work on more improvements in my spare time.
Information Posted on 05 March 17 at 20:38
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection Walkthrough
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 06 March 17 at 07:39, Edited on 06 March 17 at 07:52 by IronInfidel47
The walkthrough looks excellent. I've only looked over AC2 so far though and I thought I would throw in just a bit of an idea; the feather, glyph and statuette videos are more often than not about 480p on average and are filmed on the 360 version, I've got some videos of each recorded through the Ezio Collection if you want. They're not voiced over if that matters to you though, but I've made a video for each district for the feathers, and each area for the glyphs, and one for the glyph solutions [Edit: and the assassin tombs as well]. Naturally if you want to replace the ones in the walkthrough with these it's totally up to you, but here's what what I have look like. I haven't made all the feathers video public yet because I was planning to put thumbnails on them first, but I have all of them ready.

Heres an example of the feathers:
https://youtu.be/mKmXbjUo8G4

And for the glyphs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpM8UBeQ3Bg

The statuette video is pretty much the same way, but I don't have that public yet. For each of the videos I put timestamps in the description so that people can get to what they want to find and not have to wait around to find what they're looking for, so that's also a plus. I've made videos for pretty much everything in AC2EC so far, but I don't really think the WT would need my story videos since there's no requirement things like in ACB/ACR. Again it's all up to you; the walkthrough looks great as it is but I'm just letting you know you can use what I've got if you want. I don't want to sound like rude or anything so I'm hoping this didn't come off that way for whatever reason.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 06 March 17 at 07:51
Actually, if you wanted to I could also just try to add this stuff in as a contributor later when I have stuff for Brotherhood and Revelations, and just leave it as is for now, so you wouldn't have to deal with anything with this walkthrough for a while. It'd make more sense to update the videos when I have all of them rather than one game at a time. If you were fine with my contributing to the walkthrough later, I would assume it'd be in summer; I'm going to finish up most what I'm working on in May and don't have a One with me at the moment.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 06 March 17 at 08:33
Hey,

Thanks for the input, I'm quite happy to add everything in as it comes along, especially as I have a lot of improvements still to make for the Brotherhood walkthrough. Anything of your I end up using (especially the collectible stuff) I'll get you added as Contributor to the walkthrough.

I'm quite set on keeping the workload for this walkthrough to myself, as selfish as that sounds, as I have a plan for what I'm intending to write and do, and how to do it.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 06 March 17 at 15:15, Edited on 06 March 17 at 15:39 by IronInfidel47
Nah I totally understand that feeling; I dumped everything the past four contributors had for Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and I'm trying to make sure they're not listed as contributors in the end since they won't have anything of their own to the final product.

But yeah I'll just send messages to your inbox with more of the links to videos in a bit when I make them public and let you know when I get around to Brotherhood and Revelations. When videos of mine are added in it's fine with me if you don't have the "Credit for the video goes to Bathtup47" thing, cause it'll probably be repetitive to put that everywhere. And if you're still planning on reworking AC2 for the 360 I guess it makes sense that the same videos could be used.

Edit: Just thought of something, for the Brotherhood and Revelations synch requirement things (forgot what they're called, haven't actually played those two in a few years) you could just post a link to the playlist for that sequence instead of every video, since that'd make the page lag or so I hear. The same could be said for anything I guess, like glyphs or feathers or tombs or something. When I put in playlist links from my stuff they look like they do on the WT for Just Cause 3, if that's an idea that interests you.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 09 March 17 at 15:51
I've just sent through the final bits of AC2 to go live, though I'm still open to feedback and comments for it.

I'm about to start on Brotherhood, but that's going to take a lot longer to overhaul, given how much needs to go into the walkthrough. I'm not going to give an ETA on when it'll be done, because I may not live up to delivering by a certain time. Everything in the walkthrough will stay as it is until a page is completed.

Once all the text is done, I'll go about updating videos.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 09 March 17 at 15:53, Edited on 09 March 17 at 15:54 by IronInfidel47
Sounds good. I'm actually trying to have my WT release early and update it as I go, is there any like special conditions or did you just ask your overseer?

EDIT: Looks like the guy who last commented on my WT thread is your overseer, hold on
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 09 March 17 at 16:54
The only reason I got this was because there were walkthroughs already in existence for the games. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do updates post-publication.
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 09 March 17 at 17:47
It depends on the case. With your game Bath, I personally would prefer seeing everything up first time. In essence, this walkthrough was a port, so it could be published as such. Daff is now overhauling all of the games, which is a different case from yours.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.