The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

UPDATED: XBL Black Friday 2016 Xbox One Sales

• BlackxRyanBlackxRyan1,067,829
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 08:15
    Witcher 3 GOTY for me !
  • Posted on 19 November 16 at 08:29
    So why is vanilla Deus Ex MD the same price as Deus Ex MD Digital Standard Edition (which has more content)?
  • Posted on 19 November 16 at 09:21
    Far Cry Primal and the Batman Telltale series for me, happy with that. Looking forward to seeing the other offers on the 25th.

Awesome deal on the Witcher 3 GOTY by the way, snap that up if you haven't played it already.
  • pseudoidolpseudoidol134,276
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 09:21
    A resounding WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FARQ! Is this it or is there more to come? Genuine question. I hope so because;

Dishonored 360 - $9.88AUD

Dishonored 360 DLC;
    Dunwall City Trials - $4.95AUD
    The Knife of Dunwall - $9.95AUD
    The Brigmore Witches - $9.95AUD

Total - $24.85AUD

So you can buy the full game for less than ONE story DLC and 40% of all DLC combined? While the Xbone definitive edition is $14.98AUD... 44% less than the complete 360 game.

And before you point out the "Just buy the definitive edition" option, don't bother... I want to complete it, not spend 40 bucks to buy it all twice and double stack it.

What is with the lack of stand alone DLC sales?.. I reiterate, WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FARQ?!
    Looking to boost: HALO 3 HALO 5 KILLER INSTINCT
  • pseudoidolpseudoidol134,276
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 09:28
    Oh and just to hammer home my point I stopped by Oblivion;

Full game - $6.58AUD
    Shivering Isles DLC - $9.95AUD

Can somebody with a marketing and sales background confirm this is a "smart sales tactic" or is it, as it appears to the average consumer... pure stupidity.
    Looking to boost: HALO 3 HALO 5 KILLER INSTINCT
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,700
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 10:12
    Some really good deals here.
  • Posted on 19 November 16 at 10:13
    Far cry primal, titanfall 2 and the witcher goty for me so far. Some very good deals here which I'm sure I'll come back to before the sale ends clap
  • WicelowWicelow1,756,968
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 10:21
    Metro 2033 Redux, Last light Redux, Saints Row 4 and Gat out of hell for 11€ ? Sold !
    Also picking up Hitman, Witcher 3 GOTY and the season pass for Telltale's Batman.
    Great sale !
    Eat. Play. Love.
  • Posted on 19 November 16 at 10:24
    I think this has already been asked but does anyone know if the Forza 6 VIP pass is needed to earn any specific achievements? Or if it greatly helps is doing any?
    Estranged
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,129,996
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 10:29
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    So why is vanilla Deus Ex MD the same price as Deus Ex MD Digital Standard Edition (which has more content)?
    It's the same thing I accidentally double listed it. Will fix it shortly.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • TopherXPwnsTopherXPwns573,662
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 10:41
    So just to be sure, the part that ends on the 22nd is the early access for gold members, but the prices will remain the same for gold members and the silver members will have the 10% difference on the sales? I don't get paid till the 24th but there's a few things I'd love to grab then but I may need to pass if they go up 10% by then.
    Topher twitter.com/topherxpwns topherrocks.tumblr.com
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4594,218
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 11:03
    BipedFungus484 said:
    I'm not sure if this is related, but I saw Risk on 360 for free tonight.
    Q
    Maybe it was a mistake? It's showing full price, are least in the US
  • Posted on 19 November 16 at 11:04
    Damn those WB EU prices are just horrible.
  • Scorpionz02Scorpionz02630,103
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 11:16
    Just cause 3 is for 14.85£ instead 18 ;) Can someone tell something about Livelock. Is it worth buy it? Is this game is good ? I like twin stick shooter and the game looks like Diablo style, but these times i don't trust new games. You know some of them are not finished, buggy and glitchy (Mafia 3). So any sort of information will be nice. Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
  • SirBaxter77SirBaxter77146,391
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 11:50
    Why is NBA 2K17 marked !U! ? Havent read that in the forums and it says nothing about that on the games page on TA? Could it be the glithy story achievments? But I still would not mark it !U!
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76816,533
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 12:04
    The Globalizer said:
    IKV91 said:
    Why the fuck is the EUR so much more expensive then the USD? It's barely a sale here in Europe.
    Lots of complicated currency and international trade issues, but one simple reason as well: tax is included in EUR purchases but added onto USD purchases at the point of sale. We pay that price plus applicable sales tax (which varies widely by US location, from 0% to 10+%).
    Yeah, that explains the difference between $10 and €40... roll

pseudoidol said:
    Can somebody with a marketing and sales background confirm this is a "smart sales tactic" or is it, as it appears to the average consumer... pure stupidity.
    Considering that it's virtually impossible to even find any deals/sales on the Xbox, if it wasn't for sites like TA, I'm going to say there's an awful lot of stupidity involved.

Have a sale, but don't advertise it. Sell a complete edition for half the price of the standard edition. Sell a digital copy for five times the price of the disc version. There's a real genius at work, I'm sure.

But... it's easy to bitch and moan. Nonetheless we do get some great deals on a fairly regular basis. Just have to pick and choose wisely...
  • Posted on 19 November 16 at 12:10
    NICE !!!!
  • KilerdenKilerden300,829
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 12:43
    It is better to buy The witcher GOTY instead of the dlc seperate or the season pass? 0.o

Or am I missing out on some content that way?
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV3,200,576
    Posted on 19 November 16 at 12:54
    If anyone from Microsoft is reading this: Please please for the love of god can we not just have a big DLC/SEASON pass sale?! Soooo much dlc/season passes have NEVER been on sale yet cod and GTA are on sale every other week
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 November 16 at 13:07
    Getting Assassin's Creed IV and Mega Man Legacy Collection.

By the way, does anyone know from past experiences if these current deals might have bigger discounts from the 25th to the 28th?

P.S.: Terraria is not part of the Black Friday sale.

TopherXPwns said:
    So just to be sure, the part that ends on the 22nd is the early access for gold members, but the prices will remain the same for gold members and the silver members will have the 10% difference on the sales? I don't get paid till the 24th but there's a few things I'd love to grab then but I may need to pass if they go up 10% by then.
    Straight from majornelson.com:

Xbox Live Gold members get early access to the weeklong Black Friday deals on Nov. 18, and everyone has access from Nov. 22-28. Plus, check back for even more great deals that will run over the Black Friday weekend, from Nov. 25-28

Xbox Live Gold members also save up to 10% more on most sale titles, so go Gold to reap the benefits
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads