The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

UPDATED: XBL Black Friday 2016 Xbox One Sales

AuthorMessage
eayragt
eayragt
Posted on 21 November 16 at 21:38
Bizarre. Silver prices are up - just purchased Shadow Complex and got charged the silver price, despite having Gold. That shouldn't happen. Got refunded quickly on chat and was advised to "repurchase using XBox Live Gold". Did point out it's automatic... usually.

Anyway, morale of the story - check what you're paying. The Microsoft Store is not infallible.
Say everything with a smile
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 21 November 16 at 22:02
KenH2k4 said:
Pare ESP said:
Please, somebody know where to find the list of the gamed on sale for Windows 10?

In the majornelson webpage it is indicated that 50 games are on sale but I do not see any on my windows 10 store

Thanks
As always, it's nearly impossible to find any details on Windows Store games, but from what I can tell, I don't think the sale has started yet. I assume there is no "Gold early access period" for Win 10, and it will start tomorrow, but the retail sales start the 24, so it could be then too.
Thank you very much to clarify it. Really appreciated. I will check if the Windows 10 offers are up tomorrow
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 22 November 16 at 04:03, Edited on 28 November 16 at 08:15 by HolyHalfDead
Hercules SR117 said:
HolyHalfDead said:
Although it is not part of a sale, Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition (includes Game + Season Pass) has been reduced to $40 USD. The Season Pass on it's own costs $50!!?

I'm tempted by the following deals, although with over 500 games owned and only 190 played, I really shouldn't buy any more shock

- Batman Arkham Knight Premium $21 CAD ($22.20 NZD) - it normally costs $184 in New Zealand!!!
- Life is Strange $7 CAD ($7.40 NZD)
- Minecraft Story Mode Complete $18 USD ($25.70 NZD) - for my daughter
- Witcher 3 Complete $25 USD ($35.70 NZD)

If I had to pick one from that list, it would be Witcher 3.
I see you have done some NZD conversions. But I wonder if you are aware that the prices for games on the NZ Xbox store are not direct conversions from CAD currency. I'm pretty sure Arkham Knight is around $70 - $80 for us...
I never buy from the NZ store, I usually use the US, UK and Canada store (whichever is cheaper). Only for Xbox One though.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 22 November 16 at 06:06, Edited on 24 November 16 at 07:27 by HolyHalfDead
Pare ESP said:
Please, somebody know where to find the list of the gamed on sale for Windows 10?
These are the ones I know of:

Black Friday Sale until 28th November 2016
#IDARB 53% off
BATMAN – The Telltale Series (Win 10) $4.99 FREE
Fire: Ungh's Quest (Win 10) 75% off
Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition 35% off
- Deluxe Edition 25% off
- Ultimate Edition 20% off
Gears of War 4 40% off
- Ultimate Edition 25% off
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (Win 10) 33% off

Taken from HolyHalfDead's Blog
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 22 November 16 at 10:47, Edited on 22 November 16 at 10:50 by I8ITackyticsI8I
WickedDeath said:
I would hardly call a lot of this a "sale" especially a black friday sale when a lot of it should be dirt cheap but isn't.
Why should it be? There are loads of good titles here discounted well. A lot of these are pretty new with discount. Jackbox party pack 3 33% off is a good saving.

There are a lot from the above I might purchase. Jackbox Party Pack 3, batman episodic, inside, trials of the blood dragon... Shame I just used the last of a £50 xbox voucher!

Saints Row Metro pack for £8 is ridiculously cheap. Everyone should buy that just for the value.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst and The Witcher 3 GOTY are both cheap too. Unfortunately I want a physical copy of both of these.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 22 November 16 at 12:44
HolyHalfDead said:
Pare ESP said:

- Deluxe Edition 25% off
Gears of War 4 40% off
There is a tile in the store now. In addition to these, there's Hitman Go and Fire: Ungh's Quest listed, but I can't see the sale price because I own both. There are a lot of games that aren't Live enabled too, but I don't really buy those. There are only 30 of the promised 50, so I assume the rest will be daily deals or something.
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 22 November 16 at 12:52
HolyHalfDead said:
Pare ESP said:

- Deluxe Edition 25% off
Gears of War 4 40% off
Thanks
duke63031
duke63031
Posted on 22 November 16 at 17:18
Forza Horizon 3. Would you recommend standard, deluxe or ultimate?

Can you get more achievements with ultimate or deluxe?
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 22 November 16 at 17:27
Pare ESP said:
HolyHalfDead said:
Pare ESP said:

- Deluxe Edition 25% off
Gears of War 4 40% off
Thanks
https://www.microsoft.com/store/collections/BlackFridayGameD...
triplewitching
Posted on 22 November 16 at 21:46
pseudoidol said:
Oh and just to hammer home my point I stopped by Oblivion;

Full game - $6.58AUD
Shivering Isles DLC - $9.95AUD

Can somebody with a marketing and sales background confirm this is a "smart sales tactic" or is it, as it appears to the average consumer... pure stupidity.
This is some basic supply and demand here. There is a rather large supply of dirt cheap physical copies of Oblivion (I've seen $3 US here), and there are 0 copies of resellable digital DLC, therefore, the natural unmet demand for DLC is higher than the base game, and can be used to justify keeping the price high. I imagine if the base game digital were higher priced to match, they wouldn't sell any. Also, there is a 'your first hit is free' element to DLC pricing, i.e. like the episode one of all the telltale games being similarly either marked down or free, they want to get you interested in the game, and will sell the base game cheaper, so they can hopefully sell you the DLC later if you want to complete it, or if you want more content. Clearly there IS this desire to complete games, as your previous comment indicated, since you could get the content you want cheaper, on the better platform even, (Xbox One), but you still want the 360 completion, even more than the actual content itself !
Your financial solution
xSTAGGERxLEEx
xSTAGGERxLEEx
Posted on 23 November 16 at 08:20
Terraria is $20... not the $4 listed.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 23 November 16 at 08:27
xSTAGGERxLEEx said:
Terraria is $20... not the $4 listed.
It was actually part of the previous weeks Deals with Gold and I pulled it into here by accident. It's now gone back to full price as the new weekly deals are live. I've removed it.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
NightVision
NightVision
Posted on 23 November 16 at 18:00
I wanted to thank you for all the hard work you did compiling this list. Thanks for a great reference, it's made it easier to look for what I want to get.
Love what you do, do what you love. When in doubt, frag them out!
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 23 November 16 at 18:03
NightVision said:
I wanted to thank you for all the hard work you did compiling this list. Thanks for a great reference, it's made it easier to look for what I want to get.
toast
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 23 November 16 at 20:40
What the hell? I go to buy The Witcher 3 GOTY and it's gone up in price.

Was £17.50 and now £20.99

That is lame!
Barrwg
Barrwg
Posted on 23 November 16 at 22:43
Phil the Bear said:

That is lame!
Yeah thats a bit crap. Saw that Wuaki have some cheap credit back up so was going to purchase it. At £20.99 you're probably best waiting for physical copies to drop a bit more laugh I mean it makes sense it should be £20.99 as thats what it is on PSN/Steam but a bit mythed I missed that one really!
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 23 November 16 at 23:31, Edited on 28 November 16 at 08:23 by HolyHalfDead
Phil the Bear said:

Was £17.50 ($21.88 USD) and now £20.99 ($26.25 USD)

That is lame!
I had finally come round to paying $1 to go Gold and then add this to my backlog, and it has gone up.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition 40% 30% off (50% 40% with Gold)
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 24 November 16 at 11:22
HolyHalfDead said:
Phil the Bear said:

That is lame!
I had finally come round to paying $1 to go Gold and then add this to my backlog, and it has gone up. I will wait and get it next Black Friday now.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition 40% 30% off (50% 40% with Gold)
Phew! Glad I picked this up when I did.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Megamonkeymania
Posted on 24 November 16 at 14:00
Rat bastards, witcher 3 was probably the only thing I was gonna pick up and even though the price increase isn't that much, it's the principle of it, sneaky shits.
Megamonkeymania
Posted on 24 November 16 at 14:05
It also seems to have dropped to $19.99.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.