Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

ADR1FT No Longer Coming to Xbox One

AuthorMessage
SPIRITWRAITH
229,584
SPIRITWRAITH
Posted on 22 November 16 at 08:24, Edited on 22 November 16 at 08:24 by SPIRITWRAITH
Adam Orth is a complete DBAG!!! I have a PS4 and a PC, but I've decided to "Deal with it" by not wasting my money on Adrift or any games made by Three One Zero /Orth. Hope your superiors are happy with the loss of sales due to the way you treat consumers!
MuttleyGriffin
Posted on 22 November 16 at 09:08
Had no idea Mr. Orth was behind this title until reading the article and comments. And at that point my mind suddenly jumped back to his comments a few years ago. Oh well, nothing to see here anymore. There's FAR too many other games to spend money and time on wave
Daelus1
362,656
Daelus1
Posted on 22 November 16 at 10:55
mcnichoj said:
CounterInsurgnt said:
A.k.a. screw Xbox users....but please Xbox users buy our game on inferior systems still!
You have to know from an objective stand point that Xbox One runs the worse of the three for most games.
You have to know from an objective stand point (sic) that PS4 is a slightly superior piece of hardware with inferior software and vastly inferior multiplayer delivery systems; and the average PC is absolutely not superior to the X1 in any way...are higher end rigs? Absolutely, but not the average PC, which most game on,
The Wet Chef
187,698
The Wet Chef
Posted on 22 November 16 at 12:02
Daelus1 said:
mcnichoj said:
CounterInsurgnt said:
A.k.a. screw Xbox users....but please Xbox users buy our game on inferior systems still!
You have to know from an objective stand point that Xbox One runs the worse of the three for most games.
You have to know from an objective stand point (sic) that PS4 is a slightly superior piece of hardware with inferior software and vastly inferior multiplayer delivery systems; and the average PC is absolutely not superior to the X1 in any way...are higher end rigs? Absolutely, but not the average PC, which most game on,
Well said!
MugenKairo
239,509
MugenKairo
Posted on 22 November 16 at 12:29
Flattmeister said:
Kinda shitty to not tell people and then find out by the creative director that it's not coming to Xbox one when you'd preordered it.
Absolutely! Very poor press and media management if people aren't told the game isn't releasing on a platform. I was very much looking forward to it...
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
PhilTheStampede
Posted on 22 November 16 at 16:20, Edited on 22 November 16 at 17:15 by PhilTheStampede
That sucks. I was looking forward to this.

Edit: Just looked up a bunch of reviews and watched gameplay. Looks like it gets super boring. You can get better space experience in plenty of other games.
SlimFreakinFast
Posted on 22 November 16 at 17:26
That Orth dude needs a mechanical pencil jammed down his urethra.

dive
is that Hydro
179,533
is that Hydro
Posted on 22 November 16 at 17:44, Edited on 22 November 16 at 17:44 by is that Hydro
SlimFreakinFast said:
That Orth dude needs a mechanical pencil jammed down his urethra.

dive
OUCH! Yes. I vote for this! Hate that lil prick.
A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
x Mataeus x
796,754
x Mataeus x
Posted on 22 November 16 at 19:00
TheMaize said:
What a shame..was looking forward to not buying it....now i dont even have a choice...
Ya for no VR shit clogging up our marketplace :D
~~~Vae Victis!~~~
Kexol
342,275
Kexol
Posted on 22 November 16 at 20:53
Game looks boring. It won't be something I'll want to play.
matdan
672,084
matdan
Posted on 23 November 16 at 04:03, Edited on 23 November 16 at 04:03 by matdan
Never create a game title with a number in the middle of words, looks stupid. Glad to see something like that not on the Xbox One.
LeXXuz
557,253
LeXXuz
Posted on 23 November 16 at 09:28
Doominatorx6 said:
This game was made by the "DEAL WITH IT" guy. Nothing of value lost.
Hear hear! clap
Seriously, game looked interesting but it's not a real loss to me...
Postmortimus
234,911
Postmortimus
Posted on 23 November 16 at 11:31
Joshua Rami said:
When Scorpio decimates the video game industry and this jackass tries to port this turd of a game for a quick buck just remember he doesnt deserve a penny from you
Speculative outlook aside, I sure as fuck hope that Scorpio (or any console for that matter) does NOT decimate the game industry at all. Thankfully nobody, as far as I know, is looking to release a console with the intention of reducing or destroying the game industy by 1/10th, including Microsoft.

But then again I don't have a 4KTV and/or a massive nerdboner over VR like Josh "Moneybags" Rami apparently has wink (just breaking your balls, please don't take this as me hating on you).

Correct me if I'm wrong (anybody) but didn't Phil Spencer or someone from Xbox say that unless you have a 4KTV or are using VR that you won't notice a difference using a Scorpio on a regular HDTV from that of an Xbox One (S)? Sincerly just curious. As a video game collector, I'll get one at some point, but I won't spend money on release day prices for something I can't benefit from (I don't have a 4KTV let alone a quality one and I only have a casual interest VR).

On topic: Adam Orth sounds a lot like the comments section of any given TA article. roll Good thing I don't get my 2-sizes-too-small-panties in a bunch whenever a game developer tweets anything or I'd be bitter all of the time. As opposed to my regular 93% of the time.
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 23 November 16 at 13:26
Postmortimus said:
Joshua Rami said:
When Scorpio decimates the video game industry and this jackass tries to port this turd of a game for a quick buck just remember he doesnt deserve a penny from you
Speculative outlook aside, I sure as fuck hope that Scorpio (or any console for that matter) does NOT decimate the game industry at all. Thankfully nobody, as far as I know, is looking to release a console with the intention of reducing or destroying the game industy by 1/10th, including Microsoft.

But then again I don't have a 4KTV and/or a massive nerdboner over VR like Josh "Moneybags" Rami apparently has wink (just breaking your balls, please don't take this as me hating on you).

Correct me if I'm wrong (anybody) but didn't Phil Spencer or someone from Xbox say that unless you have a 4KTV or are using VR that you won't notice a difference using a Scorpio on a regular HDTV from that of an Xbox One (S)? Sincerly just curious. As a video game collector, I'll get one at some point, but I won't spend money on release day prices for something I can't benefit from (I don't have a 4KTV let alone a quality one and I only have a casual interest VR).

On topic: Adam Orth sounds a lot like the comments section of any given TA article. roll Good thing I don't get my 2-sizes-too-small-panties in a bunch whenever a game developer tweets anything or I'd be bitter all of the time. As opposed to my regular 93% of the time.
Yes you need a 4k TV....the real question is why wouldnt you buy one? You can get a 43 inch 4k for $199 this brak fryday. The Scorpio makes PS pro look like a brick.
Postmortimus
234,911
Postmortimus
Posted on 24 November 16 at 02:58, Edited on 24 November 16 at 02:59 by Postmortimus
CounterInsurgnt said:
Postmortimus said:
Joshua Rami said:
When Scorpio decimates the video game industry and this jackass tries to port this turd of a game for a quick buck just remember he doesnt deserve a penny from you
Speculative outlook aside, I sure as fuck hope that Scorpio (or any console for that matter) does NOT decimate the game industry at all. Thankfully nobody, as far as I know, is looking to release a console with the intention of reducing or destroying the game industy by 1/10th, including Microsoft.

But then again I don't have a 4KTV and/or a massive nerdboner over VR like Josh "Moneybags" Rami apparently has wink (just breaking your balls, please don't take this as me hating on you).

Correct me if I'm wrong (anybody) but didn't Phil Spencer or someone from Xbox say that unless you have a 4KTV or are using VR that you won't notice a difference using a Scorpio on a regular HDTV from that of an Xbox One (S)? Sincerly just curious. As a video game collector, I'll get one at some point, but I won't spend money on release day prices for something I can't benefit from (I don't have a 4KTV let alone a quality one and I only have a casual interest in VR).

On topic: Adam Orth sounds a lot like the comments section of any given TA article. roll Good thing I don't get my 2-sizes-too-small-panties in a bunch whenever a game developer tweets anything or I'd be bitter all of the time. As opposed to my regular 93% of the time.
Yes you need a 4k TV....the real question is why wouldnt you buy one? You can get a 43 inch 4k for $199 this brak fryday. The Scorpio makes PS pro look like a brick.
I have very little interest in a Pro as well. Plus using the Xbox vs PS argument doesn't work on me since I enjoy video games in general, not specific brands (even though reading petty fanboy wars is mildly entertaining).

To answer your question to as why wouldn't I buy on Black Friday, there's numerous reasons. Which sale and where is $200 4KTVs? What brands? I'm not wanting to spend money on an inferior model and brand when it comes to 4K. I currently have a 50inch Emerson (I know, not the best brand but it was a last minute Xmas gift from my mom last year and it's actually reasonably good) that works fine. If I'm to get a system that's meant to utilize 4K at it's best, an inferior 43inch cheapy 4KTV is not what I'm going to want. I'd rather save up for a superior 50+inch 4KTV that's best for either 4K consoles (methinks that Samsung , Sony or LG would be best gamble). Plus I get the impression that 4K on anything less than 50 inches isn't worth it.

Plus there's other reasons to why I won't buy one now. Scorpio isn't out yet nor has a price been announced. I only make so much money and can honestly admit that 4K gaming is currently a bit out of my price range. Putting aside a little bit of money every week is how I save up over the course of many months for higher priced things. A quality 4KTV plus a Scorpio is going to take a bit of time for me to save up for and there are far more things coming out in the next year that I want than an upgraded Xbox One. I'm still going to be able to play all the upcoming games that I want on my current model.

Factor in that I'd rather spend $200 on Xmas gifts for my family and close friends than on a questionable quality 4KTV for myself anyways and there's numerous answers to why I won't.

Maybe next year, when we have hands on opportunities for Scorpio and a price point, I'll look into upgrading to a 4K setup. Until then, I will continue to enjoy gaming on regular HD.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.