Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Moto Racer 4 Review

• EurydaceEurydace652,588
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 03:48
    Back to the glory days of 1998

Please click here to read the story: Moto Racer 4 Review
  • pezboybenpezboyben1,244,973
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 04:35
    Now I want to play Snowboard Kids! Very fond memories of that game.
  • adiash73adiash731,056,475
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 07:20
    2.5 is very generous

You forgot to mention the dire online which makes holding 10 players across 2 races very difficult, certain achievements unlocking randomly while others are glitched and don't unlock when you meet the criteria.

Overall it's very poor, there is little fun to be had with this game
    Check out my regular Sunday blog here on TA
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 November 16 at 09:53
    You had me at your mention of Beetle Adventure Racing but I was gutted to read about all the problems. Great review all the same, I think I'll have to skip this one though.
  • Swinny CostelloSwinny Costello1,258,501
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 10:04
    Hey - Beetle Adventure Racing still holds up to this day. Amazing game.
  • AGGY AggressoRAGGY AggressoR2,141,857
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 11:22
    This game is a 0/5
  • ExissExiss223,689
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 13:08
    I was so stoked about this at first, but when I saw the first footage that disappeared as snow before the sun...
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 14:19
    adiash73 said:
    2.5 is very generous

You forgot to mention the dire online which makes holding 10 players across 2 races very difficult, certain achievements unlocking randomly while others are glitched and don't unlock when you meet the criteria.

I do mention the online!
  • ArDPalangArDPalang849,493
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 15:02
    Maybe online multiplayer is revived after the actual game release on Jan 2017 ? I mean the game is not out yet to see if multiplayer is dead or not.
  • TuschiTuschi1,560,577
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 15:02
    pezboyben said:
    Now I want to play Snowboard Kids! Very fond memories of that game.
    God damn. That game is absolutely amazing.
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo415,477
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 15:14
    ArDPalang said:
    Maybe online multiplayer is revived after the actual game release on Jan 2017 ? I mean the game is not out yet to see if multiplayer is dead or not.
    I believe TA automatically shows you your own region, and the game is not out yet in some regions, but it has already been out in Europe for a few weeks.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/store/p/Moto-Racer-4/C5KFH4X...
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 15:29
    KBop a doo said:
    ArDPalang said:
    I believe TA automatically shows you your own region, and the game is not out yet in some regions, but it has already been out in Europe for a few weeks.

This is correct.
  • ArDPalangArDPalang849,493
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 15:39
    KBop a doo said:
    ArDPalang said:

I didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying.
  • adiash73adiash731,056,475
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 18:11
    Eurydace said:
    adiash73 said:
    2.5 is very generous

I do mention the online!
    Yep, I'm specifically referring to the dire experience 10+ of us had recently trying to boost the win an online championship with 10 players achievement.

Painful and frustrating are 2 polite words that come to mind :)
    Check out my regular Sunday blog here on TA
  • central perk 08central perk 083,250,135
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 18:39
    adiash73 said:
    Eurydace said:
    adiash73 said:
    2.5 is very generous

I do mention the online!
    Yep, I'm specifically referring to the dire experience 10+ of us had recently trying to boost the win an online championship with 10 players achievement.

I`m with adiash73 on this one probably the worst boosting session I`ve been in, the only thing that saved it was the other boosters and the good laugh we had, definately a 0/5 from me, totally broken game that should have never passed a quality control program, never mind getting released in this state. Microsoft need to start cracking down on developers / publishers to make sure games make it to the marketplace in a playable way. Fair enough if the game is garbage , but at least have the achievements unlock when the criteria is met, now and again 1 might slip thru but this game has numerous glitched / glitchy achievements.
  • failurewarningfailurewarning2,873,066
    Posted on 23 November 16 at 20:41
    central perk 08 said:
    adiash73 said:
    Eurydace said:
    adiash73 said:
    2.5 is very generous

I do mention the online!

I`m with adiash73 on this one probably the worst boosting session I`ve been in, the only thing that saved it was the other boosters and the good laugh we had, definately a 0/5 from me, totally broken game that should have never passed a quality control program, never mind getting released in this state. Microsoft need to start cracking down on developers / publishers to make sure games make it to the marketplace in a playable way. Fair enough if the game is garbage , but at least have the achievements unlock when the criteria is met, now and again 1 might slip thru but this game has numerous glitched / glitchy achievements.
    Just to add to the notes from that 10+ player session (which was a good laugh but painful at the same time). At least 9 achievements are confirmed as currently glitched and unobtainable. 2.5 is highly over-rated. Possibly 1 star is more like it

The rubber band AI make a total mockery of any skill aspects. In order to progress the career further you have to 3 star tournaments to unlock characters require for the first race in the next set
  • Posted on 23 November 16 at 20:46
    Shame to hear it sucks, I used to love Moto Racer 1 and 2 (esp #2) and had planned on buying this for the buddy so we could play it in VR. Maybe too much of the dev time was spent on VR and too little on making the game play well. :( Maybe that it's not as good as expected is partly why it's selling for €35 in shops from day of release?
  • Slim PanatellaSlim Panatella1,791,986
    Posted on 25 November 16 at 17:38
    Starts a multiplayer race. Spawns in the water. Game freezes and forces a reload....my misery continues
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads