Game Discussion: Watch_Dogs 2

Achievements unrecorded

• Posted on 23 November 16 at 21:32Permalink
    My achievements weren't being recorded until I recently cleared my cache. Now I'm at nearly 40 hours of game time and 2 achievements. I just want my achievements 😢😢😢
  • B0ngAAAB0ngAAA1,068,217
    Posted on 24 November 16 at 17:41Permalink
    Sorry to hear that, I have problem with "Hold My Hand" (Successfully complete an online Co-op Operation). I completed 5 or 6 of them with randoms and still no achievement. Maybe it has to be done with friend? Or it is just glitched for me?
  • Posted on 25 November 16 at 00:15Permalink
    Kick up dust about it on the Ubisoft forums. I personally have 1 glitched achievement. A story based achievement none the less. I've seen at least 4 or 5 threads on there where just random achievements will not unlock, there seems to be no pattern. No responses from technical support. Don't let them slide on that like "Skillz" on The Division.
    I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
  • Posted on 27 November 16 at 04:02Permalink
    According to the achievements report in my profile on XBone, the first achievement, Who Am I, has been obtained by "85% of gamers." Interesting, but stupid Ubisoft! Given the fact that you literally cannot proceed in to the rest of the game WITHOUT getting this achievement, the ERROR RATE is extremely high.

I requested Ubisoft help. And here's what I got:
    1. "Your best option is to start by resetting the console display and audio settings. If that does not work, try lowering your display output resolution." (Can anyone tell me WTF that has to do with not unlocking an achievement? I mean, me not being a techie and all. And that's the "best" option they came up with?)
    2. Next, clear the cache. (Done. No help.)
    3. Uninstall and reinstall the game. (Done. No help. What's frustrating about this is that I can't remove any saved games without erasing ALL of my locally saved games, thanks to MS and XBone folks' programming, and I'm afraid to do that. So, even after a reinstall WD2 asks if I want to "continue" a game.)
    4. "If the issue persists, test your game disc on a second console.
    In some cases, you could have a bad game disc. Please try testing your game on a second console to determine if you have the same results. If you have the same issue on a second console, please try exchanging your game disc at the retailer for a new copy." (Dear Ubisoft, I'm not a rich MS executive, so I don't have two consoles to test discs on. Give me a break!)

So, if 15% of Xbone gamers can't get this first achievement, may I conclude that Ubisoft has a 15% defective disc rate? Isn't that a little high? Can someone get fired for that?
    WWWEEEOOOWWW!
  • digitalnofxdigitalnofx139,531
    Posted on 27 November 16 at 04:06Permalink
    You guys are right there's no rhyme or reason to it either. For me the main mission achievements are unlocking but nothing else like Dedsec-a-roni, Menace, or even Only God Can Judge Me. I guess its time to try to clear my cache :(
  • Posted on 27 November 16 at 04:57Permalink
    I wrote Ubisoft again (they give you 4 days, after which they consider the problem fixed), so I'll share that if they provide anything useful (I mean, other than resetting your console display and audio options shock). They got back to me within 24 hours for the first bug report, let's see how they do this time.
    WWWEEEOOOWWW!
  • Posted on 27 November 16 at 07:58, Edited on 27 November 16 at 08:03 by LAZY SHIKAMARUXPermalink
    Wingnut da Cat said:
    3. Uninstall and reinstall the game. (Done. No help. What's frustrating about this is that I can't remove any saved games without erasing ALL of my locally saved games, thanks to MS and XBone folks' programming, and I'm afraid to do that. So, even after a reinstall WD2 asks if I want to "continue" a game.)
    Actually you can, you go to the game in your games and apps, hit cn_start, go to manage game, the save should be there. I wouldn't bother doing that though since there is a chance it still won't give it to you. One of the dudes on the Ubisoft forums tried that mission 3 times and it didn't unlock. The one that is messing me over is from a mission 5 hours in and I'd rather not scrap my save. This is a good example of why local backups of saves should be a thing like it was on the 360 cry.
    I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
  • Posted on 27 November 16 at 13:46Permalink
    Thanks, Shikamarux, I'm going to try it, because the only save in there would be from the 1st mission, that I've played through now about a half dozen times. I'll let you know how it goes.
    WWWEEEOOOWWW!
  • bangarang100bangarang100170,485
    Posted on 27 November 16 at 16:13Permalink
    I cant get any achievements ive done everything xbox said and still nothing
  • Posted on 27 November 16 at 23:16Permalink
    Latest from Riley B of Ubi's Customer Support:

"The last email I sent you is just basic troubleshooting steps that resolve most issues like the ones that are presenting themselves in your current situation. You can go to one of your local game stores to test if the disc is faulty." ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME???

I wrote back and asked him if HE HIMSELF had ever been in a local game store that allowed him to register his profile on their console, install a game, update it, and then play it for 30 minutes just to see if an achievement would unlock. I'm sure he has a script, but it's clearly out of date. And, people don't like to admit when they're wrong. I told him to check with the techs and programmers at Ubi to get a standard mssg, as one of my colleagues on these forums was told by another Ubi customer support-type to contact Xbox Live, as they were the problem, not the game.

Second, I told him to do some research on the net because there were many gamers having this problem and according to Xbox Live achievements status, only 85% of gamers have unlocked the first achievement. You can't proceed through the rest of the game without achieving it, so he needs to do some due diligence at his end and see why 15% of us can't unlock it. It's a synchronization problem that their programmers haven't fixed, and they need to own up to it and update the game.

That simple, Ubi!! Now, get with it. Your game has been shelved at my place, for now.

PS: Finally started RECORE and unlocked about a 10 achievements. No problem.
    WWWEEEOOOWWW!
  • Posted on 28 November 16 at 23:19Permalink
    Riley B finally acknowledged the 'script' he has doesn't address this problem. He wrote to say he'd move the issue up the chain at his end. It'll probably be months before it's resolved. It's so ironic that WD2 is about high-IQ hacker actives while its developer's programmers lazily sit in front of their Twitter app, probably rabidly searching for bared boobs, rather than addressing the game's released failures. Hope they send me an email when they update with a fix, because otherwise this thing's going in to my closet -- I wouldn't even feel good selling this thing on eBay. My review on Amazon is going to be ... "failed."
    WWWEEEOOOWWW!
  • Dark AcolyteDark Acolyte171,399
    Posted on 02 December 16 at 05:31Permalink
    I'm having the same problem with several achievements. I believe the problem is related to consoles that hibernate. Twice I have resumed a Gane and it told me I was disconnected from the server. After the first time 3 achievements popped about 2 days later without notification, only noticed because I checked. 2nd time I have at least 3 more that should unlock, but even after a week, still nothing. This is very frustrating.
  • Posted on 02 December 16 at 06:11Permalink
    Dark Acolyte said:
    I'm having the same problem with several achievements. I believe the problem is related to consoles that hibernate. Twice I have resumed a Gane and it told me I was disconnected from the server. After the first time 3 achievements popped about 2 days later without notification, only noticed because I checked. 2nd time I have at least 3 more that should unlock, but even after a week, still nothing. This is very frustrating.
    My console is set to not hibernate, so that doesn't seem to be the culprit.
  • Posted on 02 December 16 at 16:03Permalink
    Same here. Hibernation isn't the issue. Has there been an update in the last few days? Or any acknowledgement somewhere else, by Ubi, that there indeed is a problem? I shelved W_D2 until they fix it.

I've been platforming Recore, a fun 3D throwback that's entertaining, but still requires a lot of mining (although resources aren't that difficult to find) to keep defeating tougher enemies. I told Riley B of Ubi that getting achievements from Recore wasn't any problem. Still, nothing further from him.

And Titanfall 2 just arrived today, so I might have to go and relearn how to die in that one!
    WWWEEEOOOWWW!
  • Posted on 02 December 16 at 18:15Permalink
    Wingnut da Cat said:
    Same here. Hibernation isn't the issue. Has there been an update in the last few days? Or any acknowledgement somewhere else, by Ubi, that there indeed is a problem? I shelved W_D2 until they fix it.

I've been platforming Recore, a fun 3D throwback that's entertaining, but still requires a lot of mining (although resources aren't that difficult to find) to keep defeating tougher enemies. I told Riley B of Ubi that getting achievements from Recore wasn't any problem. Still, nothing further from him.

And Titanfall 2 just arrived today, so I might have to go and relearn how to die in that one!
    No, there has been no acknowledgement. The technical support thread is being flooded with problems with the PC port at the moment. Not enough people are bringing up the issue at the moment for them to be concerned with it. Ubisoft seems to have a priority list and achievements are not on it.
  • Posted on 02 December 16 at 19:18Permalink
    Got at least 2 story related achievements that didn't unlock now. Fantastic, now I can wait for them to fix this before venturing any further. I've created a support ticket but I doubt they'll respond with anything more than "reinstall the game" (as if that would help).
  • Posted on 10 December 16 at 22:13Permalink
    Well it's at the point where I have two achievements left, one glitched, and one easy MP achievement I can get whenever. Looking at the list of known issues, achievements are not on there still:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1519636-Known-Issues-Li...

I reckon once the PC port gets fixed (and I own the PC port, optimization is horrible, high CPU usage even on new i7 CPUs, a lot of work to be done) we can bother them enough to look into the issue. I doubt they will work on it soon. So far the only near acknowledgement of the issue was just a member saying "they can't unlock achievements on their end". Well they could at least give us multiple save slots like on the PC version or issue a patch that lowers the chance of achievements glitching and rechecks to see if we have fulfilled the requirements, something!
  • Posted on 29 January 18 at 06:46Permalink
    January 21, 2018: Reinstalled the game (Xbone) to give it a try again, after completely giving up on it by totally uninstalling it in December 2016. An update was uploaded at the same time I did the reinstall (I have no idea what date or what number).

And BOOM!! All of my missing achievements popped! Whoa! Fourteen achievements, all dated January 21, 2018!! And here they are: Knight Ridden, App'ing Around, Got The Shutterbug, Third Time's the Charm, Roboteer, Photobombed!, DedSec-A-Roni, Put Your Damn Pants On, Who Am I, Bad Boys, Something to Ride, and Only God Can Judge Me.

Now, you'll love this weirdness, too. I roam around for an hour and realize there are no missions, and I'm missing weapons, etc., despite choosing "Continue" after the reinstall. So I decide to restart and BOOM!! Missions show up and I have to reload up on everything.

So I play about a week and still enjoy the game, and on January 28, 2017, I decided to download the DLC "Human Conditions." And BOOM!! And WTH? Two ReCore achievements pop the minute after the DLC is completed -- Bargain Basin and Exclusion Zoner. Dated when? The same damn day I uninstalled Watch_Dogs 2 cuz I was ticked off about the achievements not popping: December 17, 2016.

This is just so ... weird. "But it never got weird enough for me." [Hunter S. Thompson]

Bottom Line: Is this problem originating from Ubisoft, DedSec's rivals, or Microsoft?

I'm now starting to think that missing achievements, in general, could be a problem engendered by XBox Live and/or Microsoft and/or Microsoft's equivalent "ctOS 2.0". YIKES!!
    MMMEEEOOOWWW!
  • BeardifulBeardiful290,806
    Posted on 16 April 18 at 02:14, Edited on 16 April 18 at 03:25 by BeardifulPermalink
    I didn't get a big chunk of the achievements when I first beat the game. I'm going to reinstall now and hope I get lucky, too.

EDIT: No luck for me. :'(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.