The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Black Friday Weekend 2016 Sales

• YinYin1,012,183
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 12:27, Edited on 26 November 16 at 12:31 by Yin
    Why does MS continue to offer digital downloads at markups of what they can be snagged for online?

This is a bad example of this practice. Microsoft sets their prices to be competitive, and in this case I don't really see why it would need to be cheaper. The Special Edition just came out and people have been scooping it up for full price.

It was well known that the game would be $30 come Black Friday, I think most retailers were offering it for $35.

On a separate note, could someone please explain the DLC situation for Rise of the Tomb Raider? If I purchase the base game with the Season Pass, does it include all of the content? Or will I end up having to spend another $20 on the other expansions that could be purchased with the 20th Anniversary Edition?
    Player Engagement and Features staff at DestinyTracker & HaloTracker. Come stop by!
  • SandMan NL1SandMan NL1607,345
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 12:34
    Yin said:
    On a separate note, could someone please explain the DLC situation for Rise of the Tomb Raider? If I purchase the base game with the Season Pass, does it include all of the content? Or will I end up having to spend another $20 on the other expansions that could be purchased with the 20th Anniversary Edition?
    The season pass includes everything :)
  • VaseraxVaserax284,811
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 12:38
    Been waiting for that Fallout 4 Season Pass to drop. Quantum Break still seems overpriced even at half off though... wink
  • Solario32Solario32306,654
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 12:41
    SandMan NL1 said:
    Yin said:
    Thank you. I was wondering this as well.
  • Posted on 26 November 16 at 12:43
    BanjoRebel said:Not worth it at that price for most people, just as a heads up.

Silvery Death said:
    Snapped up the Rise of the Tomb Raider season pass. clap I was shocked it was on sale for that cheap.
    Thanks, I overlooked that one, couldn't let it go at that price either.

rocking23nf said:
    Pizza2DaRoll said:
    Is quantum break worth it at that price?
    i dont think it is, while its no doubt a great game, it has zero replayability, and is easily completed 100% in probably 10 hours.

i rented it from my library for free and finished it that week. super easy game.
    While rocking is right, it's easy and somewhat simple and no insentive to go back once story and collectibles are done (2 playthroughs needed for story choices), the experience is worth the asking price.
    gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
  • YinYin1,012,183
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 12:45
    SandMan NL1 said:
    Awesome, thank you. I've been waiting patiently for the base game to drop to $20, maybe it's worth it at $30. Either way, I can grab the season pass now for cheap and decide later!
    Player Engagement and Features staff at DestinyTracker & HaloTracker. Come stop by!
  • Posted on 26 November 16 at 12:46
    nice. recore in china store only 8.6usd
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,950,552
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 12:47
    Ranga Dang Dang said:
    I know many wont care just thought i would post.

STEAM - GFWL games that are on sale.

Red Faction Guerrilla Steam Edition - $4.99USD (has a GFWL BETA option)
    Kane & Lynch: Dead Men™ - $1.74USD
    The Club™ - $6.99USD
    Battlestations Pacific - $2.24USD
    Lost Planet 2 - $3.99USD
    FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage - $4.99USD
    Ms. Splosion Man - $1.99USD

also on Amazon (Digital Download)

Blacklight Tango Down - $0.99USD
    Thanks, bought Ms. Sposion Man though was doubtfull if they give gfwl key, but there it was. I don't see cd-key for gfwl on red faction though - got that one year ago or so.
  • YinYin1,012,183
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 12:49
    ColdEagle86 said:
    Does anyone have any thoughts / experience on if the deluxe version of PvZ:GW2 is worth the extra over the normal version?
    For $2.50, I'd just go ahead and jump on the Deluxe Edition (it costs $10 for the upgrade from standard to deluxe after the fact). The Z7 character is exclusive to owners of the Deluxe edition and you get a few exclusive customization options. But you get a character pack and 200,000 coins which can be used to unlock a few more character variants (there are tons) from the get-go.
  • SwearySeanSwearySean917,373
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 12:58
    So the Evil Within season pass is £4.79 on Xbox One but £8.99 on the 360? What the fuck?
    Don't feed the trolls
  • matdanmatdan796,012
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 12:59
    Yin said:
    ColdEagle86 said:
    Does anyone have any thoughts / experience on if the deluxe version of PvZ:GW2 is worth the extra over the normal version?
    For $2.50, I'd just go ahead and jump on the Deluxe Edition (it costs $10 for the upgrade from standard to deluxe after the fact). The Z7 character is exclusive to owners of the Deluxe edition and you get a few exclusive customization options. But you get a character pack and 200,000 coins which can be used to unlock a few more character variants (there are tons) from the get-go.
    Otherwise there is EA Access, which is a steal unless you have played most of the games.
  • YinYin1,012,183
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 13:07
    matdan said:
    Otherwise there is EA Access, which is a steal unless you have played most of the games.
    That's very true, EA Access is consistent good value.
  • TheDude722TheDude722625,398
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 13:23
    for anyone like me, who never bought Star Wars Battlefront yet...

if you're thinking of buying it on this sale, I found a physical copy of the Ultimate Edition on www.bestbuy.com for $19.99 which is cheaper than the sale on MS

this is mainly for North America... if you're elsewhere, shop around first!
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/TheDude722.png https://card.exophase.com/1/1003077.png
  • ErunionErunion193,095
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 13:26
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Why is it cheaper to buy The Evil Within and its DLC separately than it is to buy the bundle?
    Same reason it's cheaper to get episode 1 of Telltale's Batman free and buy the pass for the rest than it is to buy the complete set. Which is to say - extra money from people not paying attention I guess?
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483275,921
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 13:32
    TheDude722 said:
    for anyone like me, who never bought Star Wars Battlefront yet...

if you're thinking of buying it on this sale, I found a physical copy of the Ultimate Edition on www.bestbuy.com for $19.99 which is cheaper than the sale on MS

this is mainly for North America... if you're elsewhere, shop around first!
    Battlefront is also going into the EA Access Vault soon, so if you have Access it'll be included in your subscription.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Skeptical MarioSkeptical Mario1,001,815
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 14:02
    Great price on Unravel, I will have to snag that smile
  • ll BLAIR llll BLAIR ll264,466
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 15:49
    The Evil Within XBOX 360 = US$19.79.
    The Evil Within XBOX ONE = US$6.60.

I wish I could understand.
  • GuidalityGuidality721,155
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 16:22
    I've had far cry 4 since last Christmas and have been waiting for just the dlc to go on sale. Frustrated a bit with the bundle happy sales but it did allow me to get deus Ex mankind divided, Doom, and destiny ultimate bundles for $133
  • Posted on 26 November 16 at 16:34
    I want to pick up star wars battlefront but I would expect there not to be that many people on it =/
    ?professional weeaboo?
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,271,269
    Posted on 26 November 16 at 16:41
    Silvery Death said:
    Snapped up the Rise of the Tomb Raider season pass. clap I was shocked it was on sale for that cheap.
    i almost bought it until i realized it didn't include all of the games DLC
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.