Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Retail Releases: Week of November 28th, 2016

AuthorMessage
kbgray27
24,271
kbgray27
Posted on 28 November 16 at 17:24
Final Fantasy returns

Please click here to read the story: Retail Releases: Week of November 28th, 2016
Allgorhythm
254,042
Allgorhythm
Posted on 28 November 16 at 17:43
Final Fantasy XV

rock
SilvrgunSuprman
Posted on 28 November 16 at 18:06
Man its been a packed gaming season this year. I'm glad we finally get to a week where I don't spend any money. laugh
shagyx
303,699
shagyx
Posted on 28 November 16 at 20:25
Final Fantasy 15 I really want to play I hope its better than 13
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 28 November 16 at 20:50
Does this mean the Calling All Units DLC for The Crew will be released on the same day?
Onsidic
685,408
Onsidic
Posted on 28 November 16 at 21:14
SilvrgunSuprman said:
Man its been a packed gaming season this year. I'm glad we finally get to a week where I don't spend any money. laugh
Yep agree.
...
Wumbo Woody
341,063
Wumbo Woody
Posted on 28 November 16 at 21:36
shagyx said:
Final Fantasy 15 I really want to play I hope its better than 13
I still dont get why everyone hated 13 so much I personally loved it. i mean it was my introduction into the series but I just thought it was a great story especially Sazh...He literally made that game what it was. Not saying you cant not like it lol but I wouldnt mind some more explanation from people as to why they didnt like it to see where they are comig from. Personally I am very excited for 15...the deluxe edition was a must for me!
Fiction0713
475,762
Fiction0713
Posted on 28 November 16 at 22:21
Does the combat system still consist of nothing but holding x during battle? If so im going to have to pass on this one. Would be the first one I never purchased, but neither beta impressed me very much. That and the whole asian backstreet boys theme, still don't get that one...
NO1KEV
1,599,971
NO1KEV
Posted on 28 November 16 at 22:38
Haha steep! Steep price for probably a half arsed game! (well it is ubisoft) more chance of winning the lottery than it being fully functional day 1
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 28 November 16 at 22:42
Fiction0713 said:
That and the whole asian backstreet boys theme, still don't get that one...
They just want it that way. dance
reforc3
619,468
reforc3
Posted on 29 November 16 at 01:52
yeah! The Crew Ultimate Edition :D

I've been waiting since the release of the first teaser trailer of the game.




Say no one... ever.
@ReForce
RulingGinger24
Posted on 29 November 16 at 07:05
Doesn't the dwarves come out this week
Stevo6483
172,659
Stevo6483
Posted on 29 November 16 at 13:45, Edited on 29 November 16 at 13:50 by Stevo6483
WoodyLovesKushx said:
shagyx said:
Final Fantasy 15 I really want to play I hope its better than 13
I still dont get why everyone hated 13 so much I personally loved it. i mean it was my introduction into the series but I just thought it was a great story especially Sazh...He literally made that game what it was. Not saying you cant not like it lol but I wouldnt mind some more explanation from people as to why they didnt like it to see where they are comig from. Personally I am very excited for 15...the deluxe edition was a must for me!
Entering the series at 13 explains why you don't understand the lack of love for it. I personally thought it was alright, and it had some great moments (
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
) but 13 is no where near as good as past entries.

Many, if not most people who played 13 have likely played a lot of the earlier games in the series - some probably have played them all. If you grew up playing the earlier games you'd understand why people didn't like 13. Even if people only started playing the series in the PS1 days the games on that console were far superior to 13. It would take far too long to explain on here why they were better, I can only suggest you try to get hold of some of the older titles and play through them. I don't know how they'll stand up to today's standards, but I still enjoy going back through 7, 8 and 9 every now and then.

I will say however that 13 is not my least favourite in the series - that title goes to the bore-fest that was FF12. I'm looking forward to 15 however, but I'm just a bit apprehensive after 13 so I won't be rushing out to buy it right away.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Allgorhythm
254,042
Allgorhythm
Posted on 29 November 16 at 17:36
Stevo6483 said:
Many, if not most people who played 13 have likely played a lot of the earlier games in the series - some probably have played them all. If you grew up playing the earlier games you'd understand why people didn't like 13. Even if people only started playing the series in the PS1 days the games on that console were far superior to 13. It would take far too long to explain on here why they were better, I can only suggest you try to get hold of some of the older titles and play through them. I don't know how they'll stand up to today's standards, but I still enjoy going back through 7, 8 and 9 every now and then.

I will say however that 13 is not my least favourite in the series - that title goes to the bore-fest that was FF12. I'm looking forward to 15 however, but I'm just a bit apprehensive after 13 so I won't be rushing out to buy it right away.
When I first played XIII, I had played all the games that had been released prior to it. I thought XIII was very linear - it seemed as if the player was being spoon fed. Characters were capped at a certain level until they advanced another chapter in the game.

To thumb my nose at Square, I thought I'd remain in chapter 11, not advance the character levels, and defeat the most challenging opponents. I found that the game's combat which was unremarkable following the game's linearity became exceptional when departing from the spoon fed path. Defeating Vercingetorix and Long Gui with a chapter 11 party is white knuckle gaming at its best.

I took the same approach with FF XIII-2 and the game took on an additional dimension of richness. Taking my unconventional approach to the FF XIII trilogy, I now consider it to be the second best in the series behind only FF VI.
tpb fan
330,503
tpb fan
Posted on 29 November 16 at 18:08
final fantasy 15 stacks 5 times on ps4 but on xbox we only get no stacks which I dont think is far gamerscore wise
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 30 November 16 at 03:55
The Calling All Units DLC for The Crew just released today and there are no new achievements. clap
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.