Game Discussion: Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series (Windows)

Minecraft: Story Mode Windows 10 Edition

• JFishhJFishh102,513
    Posted on 28 November 16 at 18:36
    Hello to anyone reading this

So, I decided to download Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 1 on Xbox One seeing as it was free for a short period of time. When I looked on the Windows Store on Windows 10, I saw that the PC version of the game with the same achievements as the Xbox One version was available for free.

Here's my question: If I downloaded Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 1 on PC with the same achievements as the Xbox One version, would I be able to get essentially double the amount of gamerscore by playing the PC version of the game with the same achievements, as well as playing the Xbox One version with the achievements?

I know it sounds complicated but any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
  • XpovosXpovos1,210,740
    Posted on 28 November 16 at 19:04
    Yes, in this case the games are distinct and "stack". You can play the game twice and earn GS twice.

Note, that this is not the case for some games you can download on Windows 10. See Killer Instinct

You'll note there is no Killer Instinct (Xbox One) or Killer Instinct (Windows 10). They're the same game and share the achievement list. You can just play it on either platform.

In general, if it's tagged here as two distinct games, one regular and one with a suffix in parentheses, then they're distinct and able to earn you more GS for replaying the content.

Further, in some of those distinctions, you need to replay the content completely. While in others, the content may transfer your progress, either in totality or partially. See: Project Spark (defunct), Happy Wars (Xbox 360) (about to gain another platform) or World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition as examples of games where progress transfers to some degree.
    Time not important; only life important.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads