Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gears of War 4 Debuts New December Maps and Update

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 01 December 16 at 22:43
Actual new maps this time

Please click here to read the story: Gears of War 4 Debuts New December Maps and Update
TheLagginWag0n
Posted on 01 December 16 at 22:55, Edited on 01 December 16 at 22:57 by TheLagginWag0n
If they remove gridlock and relic, doesn't that mean the horde achievement "I've killed things, Seen Places" for beating all 50 waves on the launch series maps becomes unobtainable unless you have the season pass?
SolidTooth3160
Posted on 01 December 16 at 22:59
looks like it, folks have 6 days to knock that map out.
I Argonaut I
I Argonaut I
Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:02
I think everyone here wants to know about if the escalation boosting has been killed.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:04
TheLagginWag0n said:
If they remove gridlock and relic, doesn't that mean the horde achievement "I've killed things, Seen Places" for beating all 50 waves on the launch series maps becomes unobtainable unless you have the season pass?
I believe it's just for the time being -- by calling it a "rotation," it's my understanding that Gridlock and Relic will be coming back at some point (and any other maps that get rotated out), once they've stopped adding new maps and are just rotating maps in and out on a monthly basis. Kind of like how different characters are free to use in some MOBAs every week.

I Argonaut I said:
I think everyone here wants to know about if the escalation boosting has been killed.
We'll know tomorrow! That's when The Coalition says they'll be posting the detailed patch notes.
DrShoe1976
DrShoe1976
Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:04
The only thing of value I'd like to see added to that 'Season Pass' is a full refund.
Lan Mordreth
Lan Mordreth
Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:19
TheLagginWag0n said:
Can't you just do it in a private game still?
Jaychen0424
Jaychen0424
Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:25
add achievements to 2000g. that's only reason buy season pass
WebMan
WebMan
Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:32
Jaychen0424 said:
add achievements to 2000g. that's only reason buy season pass
Agreed. Where are the DLC achievements?
Doc Buddha
Doc Buddha
Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:38
TheLagginWag0n said:
These two were the first two dlc maps, they are not "launch series maps"
TheLagginWag0n
Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:48
Doc Buddha said:
TheLagginWag0n said:
These two were the first two dlc maps, they are not "launch series maps"
Gridlock and relic are launch series and checkout and drydocks were the dlc maps.
TheLagginWag0n
Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:49
Lan Mordreth said:
TheLagginWag0n said:
Only if you have the season pass. No season pass, no cycled out maps period.
Sith Lord EDP
Sith Lord EDP
Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:56
TheLagginWag0n said:
Lan Mordreth said:
TheLagginWag0n said:
No, Gridlock and Relic will still be selectable in private without the season pass, they're not DLC maps.
TheLagginWag0n
Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:58
Sith Lord EDP said:
TheLagginWag0n said:
Lan Mordreth said:
TheLagginWag0n said:
No, Gridlock and Relic will still be selectable in private without the season pass, they're not DLC maps.
True I did not think of that
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 02 December 16 at 00:05, Edited on 02 December 16 at 00:07 by KBop a doo
Oh, duh! That makes sense. It still seems odd to cycle out the original maps out of matchmaking though. When they first announced the pass, it was my impression that only the DLC maps would be rotating.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 02 December 16 at 00:21
DrShoe1976 said:
The only thing of value I'd like to see added to that 'Season Pass' is a full refund.
I'm inclined to agree. It's fuckin worthless. Unless TC adds a couple of campaign DLC packs I'm going to feel like I wasted my money.
WestsideSxE
WestsideSxE
Posted on 02 December 16 at 01:40
dear god I hope they added some sort of tally for horde xp finally - a toast pop-up at arbitrary intervals is beyond asanine... being able to leave a public horde match before it starts would be nice, too
ClaytThaGreat
ClaytThaGreat
Posted on 02 December 16 at 02:11
I don't get it... why are they removing maps from the game at all?!? Seems stupid if you ask me.
Wardieshire
Wardieshire
Posted on 02 December 16 at 02:38
Some additions will also be made to the season pass, which has been criticized for not providing enough value since the maps can eventually all be played on rotation. More credits and XP will be available in the special Developer Playlist, which is where season pass holders get early access to the maps before everyone else. The Coalition also says they are "continuing to look at adding even more benefits and value for our Season Pass holders in the future."
Does this mean that our "extra value" for getting the season pass is about a weeks worth of bonus XP for playing a playlist that is most likely going to only have 2 maps/gametypes in rotation (like the dodgeball/arms race playlist for checkout and drydock last month)? I hope it's something a bit better than that, so far we haven't really got anything for paying extra for the game, I feel like I might as well have eaten £40 right now for all the benifits the season pass has brought.

A playlist that is indefinite that contains ALL of the base maps and the ones that get added in as well as being able to play ALL of the game modes (including escalation + execution) with bot/player backfilling allowed is something that I would like to see added into this game, surely it's not something that would be a pain for them to implement. I quite like the way that escalation plays but in the competitive playlist, my experience of that game mode is that people tend to quit out early more often than not leaving the teams severely unbalalnced (more often than not I end up in a match of 5v2 or 5v1 after 3 rounds which isn't my idea of fun lol). At the very least, escalation needs to have bot backfilling to make it work properly i think.
Sith Lord EDP
Sith Lord EDP
Posted on 02 December 16 at 04:00
Season pass isn't entirely worthless, checkout solo insane is easy as heck and pretty fast. Just put a turret in the bathroom and enjoy all the bosses getting stuck at the door.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.