Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Game Awards Winners List

AuthorMessage
PlayerHayden3
PlayerHayden3
Posted on 02 December 16 at 07:12
Does anyone else think Stardew Valley should've beaten out Inside for indie game of the year. I personally think Stardew valley held more attention than Inside.
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 02 December 16 at 07:30
games should really have to have been out for a few months (like Doom) and not like Dishonored 2 to win anything. And how can a DLC be considered a game?
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 02 December 16 at 07:55
I don't know if Pokemon Go should've won. Once the initial hype and nostalgia of Pokemon wore off it turned out to be a pretty mediocre collection simulator
Posting from sunny Australia.
South Park TFBW
Posted on 02 December 16 at 08:36
I'm so happy Boogie2988 won the award. He's an amazing person and totally deserved it.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 02 December 16 at 09:03
The fact that a reskinned flick golf game can win the Family Game category kinda shows how little love that genre gets these days. Mind you, LEGO TFA was a pretty tedious cash in that offered nothing new, and it's hard to say any of the others in that category gave us anything mind blowing.

Maybe Lego World will be up there next year, and be deserving of it.
tornprince2012
Posted on 02 December 16 at 09:04, Edited on 02 December 16 at 09:04 by tornprince2012
If someone is looking for a sane comment, I grouped up them right here.

Linc said:
Overwatch winning GOTY is a joke in my opinion. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the best game Ive played this console generation, let alone for the year.
ronnie42 said:
Will never get way Overwatch was game of the year. Beta was okay but couldn't see myself paying for it at full price.
Our Afflictions said:
Dark Souls 3 was GOTY for me. Overwatch winning GOTY is sad.

Overwatch winning Esports game of the year is beyond sad. Nothing comes close to League Of Legends, with LCS weekly, and World Championships..
Outsider Fenix said:
This is why no one should take the VGAs seriously. Pokémon Go beats Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter. And a DLC wins best RPG. Freaking laughable.
Tuschi
Tuschi
Posted on 02 December 16 at 09:22
Pokémon Go is better than Fire Emblem and the best family game of the year?! What is wrong with the planet?
Maverick Hiro
Maverick Hiro
Posted on 02 December 16 at 09:48
Dark souls was should be goty imo, or at least best rpg. However im glad Uncharted didnt got goty or even best adventure. Overrated piece of crap IMO.
TangerineGamer
TangerineGamer
Posted on 02 December 16 at 09:51
Not sure why sports and racing games are a single category, 4 yearly remakes and FH3 ... not a tough decision to make really
Yours sincerely, TG
The Galaxy
The Galaxy
Posted on 02 December 16 at 10:12
Holy crap! I didn't realize how many people actually cared about what game wins or doesn't win. I can't be the only one that's in it for the trailers, info, and world premieres. Right?
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 02 December 16 at 10:53
The Galaxy said:
Holy crap! I didn't realize how many people actually cared about what game wins or doesn't win. I can't be the only one that's in it for the trailers, info, and world premieres. Right?
I couldn't care less. I can't believe they have an award for best trending gamer. How sad lol
Capn Beav
Capn Beav
Posted on 02 December 16 at 11:13
More than anything, I think this shows that the year was rather weak for new releases.
CompanyOfWolves
CompanyOfWolves
Posted on 02 December 16 at 11:17
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
TheIrishBeast said:
SFV over Killer Instinct is outrageous!
Yes, complete bullshit. Killer Instinct has 10x the content SFV has and the combat system blows it away as well. But it's a popular franchise, and it's a PS4 game, so you know all the Sony fans voted for it en masse just off general principal.
I thought these categories were council selected? Either way fully agree. You only had to look at how often the ps store was plugged compared to steam, live and Nintendo estore to see how their bread is buttered. Add to that the painfully obvious descriptions of it after the Death Stranding trailer.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 02 December 16 at 11:24
Capn Beav said:
More than anything, I think this shows that the year was rather weak for new releases.
Haha exactly. I looked at the GOTY nominees and thought "is that it?"
Pizza2DaRoll
Pizza2DaRoll
Posted on 02 December 16 at 11:30
This is terrible. A game with no single player just won game of the year. What the actual f#@!.
Phoenix C64
Phoenix C64
Posted on 02 December 16 at 12:15
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
TheIrishBeast said:
SFV over Killer Instinct is outrageous!
Yes, complete bullshit. Killer Instinct has 10x the content SFV has and the combat system blows it away as well. But it's a popular franchise, and it's a PS4 game, so you know all the Sony fans voted for it en masse just off general principal.
i disagree...

all that KI has are TWO movements... back forward and quartercircle... now change that to down up or quartercircle back and that basically ALL special movements from ALL chars...
that is a boring piece of crap. all characters play the same and all that changes is the timing in which you do stuff.

and about Boogie2988, I love the man, but trending GAMER??? man, there are streamers on twitch, not even Lirik, who play 10x the games and/or hours than Boogie2988 does... if he didn't do social videos or his Francis videos, no one would even know who he is... and he won trending GAMER??? trending youtuber, ok... but not gamer!
AbyssArtorias85
Posted on 02 December 16 at 12:39
well i'm not against overwatch as a GOTY cause there is no serious candidate besides doom,maybe overwatch just won due to MP side that doom was lacking,anyway the rest of the winners are ok for me,games in nowdays are less and less enjoyable and not worth our money
bennjjee
bennjjee
Posted on 02 December 16 at 12:53
I'm disappointed INSIDE didn't win GOTY and Firewatch didn't win best narrative. I haven't played Overwatch or Unchartered 4 but they must have been seriously good to topple those two.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 02 December 16 at 13:17
xONLY INHUMANx said:
overwatch probably won because it was made by blizard. overwatch should be in a different group for game of the year. if the server's die out it will just be another dead game.
look at fallout 4 it won based on name alone. i played it about a month ago and it's full of bugs and it's not a good game.
just personally opinion so all you fallout 4 fan boys calm down
You clearly don't know as much about Blizzard as you think you do. Servers for Overwatch die out? HAHA! You do realize Warcraft 3, doom 2, and Starcraft are still running don't you? If you don't understand why this means something to this conversation, all of those games are almost 20 years old
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 02 December 16 at 13:18
Pizza2DaRoll said:
This is terrible. A game with no single player just won game of the year. What the actual f#@!.
So? Not everyone plays single player.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.