Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Game Awards Winners List

AuthorMessage
The Minish Wolf
Posted on 02 December 16 at 13:42
The salt is real, jeez. Overall, I am fine with the winners. Overwatch is a great game in my opinion, but not quite GOTY for me, Dark Souls III fills that spot. Boogie is a great dude, Doom is great, I have heard great things about both Inside and Uncharted 4.

In terms of fighting games, they are all good games on the list. However, SF has always been the king of fighters so its fair enough that it won.

So yeah, people chill. Games are highly subjective after all.
GuruThaGreat
GuruThaGreat
Posted on 02 December 16 at 14:28
I'm fine with Overwatch winning GOTY, especially considering what was nominated. It is a fantastic game (subjective of course) and Blizzard has done a good job supporting it.

I thought Inside was vastly overrated and I think The Witness should have won best Indie game.

Pokemon Go as a game might be more on the mediocre side, but I think you have to take into consideration how much of an impact the game had on a social and cultural level. It was a phenomena, albeit not for a huge amount of time, and no other game can claim to be anywhere close to it in that regard. So for that reason I think it deserved recognition. And I'm guessing that's what the voters felt as well.
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 02 December 16 at 16:11
Best Game and Best Direction seems a bit redundant. I would assume if you had the best game of the year, you also had the best direction...
Ask me about my rock collection.
KILLBOT 100
KILLBOT 100
Posted on 02 December 16 at 16:13
Rocket league should of been on atleast one category.
KILLBOT 100
bLaKgRaVy
bLaKgRaVy
Posted on 02 December 16 at 16:15
Linc said:
Overwatch winning GOTY is a joke in my opinion. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the best game Ive played this console generation, let alone for the year.
This coming from someone who has never even played the game or beta before...
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 02 December 16 at 16:32
KILLBOT 100 said:
Rocket league should of been on atleast one category.
It released last year and won several awards. It's new to Xbox in 2016 though and will be eligible for TA's GOTY awards.
Cower Before me
Posted on 02 December 16 at 16:38
Overwatch definatley shouldn't have won game of the year.
MachineGryphon
Posted on 02 December 16 at 17:02
Overwatch and Doom over Deus Ex? laugh roll
Michel
Michel
Posted on 02 December 16 at 17:15
Keep on hating you salty morons
Overwatch game of the year.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 02 December 16 at 17:26
Everyone is so mad THEIR game didn't win. This isn't the you awards.
Crooked Cracker
Posted on 02 December 16 at 17:27
I like Overwatch but let's be real here, it's overrated for sure, the GOTY should have gone to Dark Souls 3 or Titanfall 2 or Dishonored 2.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 02 December 16 at 17:44
Crooked Cracker said:
I like Overwatch but let's be real here, it's overrated for sure, the GOTY should have gone to Dark Souls 3 or Titanfall 2 or Dishonored 2.
No, let's be honest, Overwatch isn't overrated at all. It's the best shooter I've played in years. It gives me the feeling of a modernized team fortress 2 which is a great thing.
BigWiIIieStyIe
Posted on 02 December 16 at 17:47
I'm confused about Pokemon Go and Best Family game. It's a single player/online multiplayer mobile app and in no way a "Family" game. Family Friendly or All Ages maybe, but to me a Family game should be kid friendly and have one main component Local Co-op so you can play with.... drum roll please...... you guessed it your family. I can't tell you how much fun it was finally playing co-op LEGO games with my nieces and nephew over Thanksgiving.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 02 December 16 at 18:03
BigWiIIieStyIe said:
I'm confused about Pokemon Go and Best Family game. It's a single player/online multiplayer mobile app and in no way a "Family" game. Family Friendly or All Ages maybe, but to me a Family game should be kid friendly and have one main component Local Co-op so you can play with.... drum roll please...... you guessed it your family. I can't tell you how much fun it was finally playing co-op LEGO games with my nieces and nephew over Thanksgiving.
Yeah, I really would have put skylanders in that spot, but hey, not our awards right?
DropDeadHorizon
Posted on 02 December 16 at 19:49
There were some decent games this year.
Aliyah
firmamentou
firmamentou
Posted on 02 December 16 at 20:09
Crooked Cracker said:
That I agree. Dishonored 2 is my favorite this year.
Arkham#8076
Arkham
Posted on 02 December 16 at 22:29
Dark Souls 3 was my GOTY.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 03 December 16 at 00:30, Edited on 03 December 16 at 00:38 by
This is how you know TA members as a whole are clueless. Battlefield 1 lost to Doom for best sound... that invalidates this entire thing. I won't even bother wasting my time looking at games that were chosen based on their achievements and not their actual quality.

And overwatch is a kiddie game full of micro transactions... no more needs to be said. And it's not a shooter, it's a MOBA which is the cancer of game genres.

And since they nominated a DLC, where's The Crew's Calling All Units expansion (which TA didn't even make a news post about)? Where's Rise of Iron for Destiny? Both of those are better than what was nominated.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 03 December 16 at 00:35
Overwatch is not a MOBA at all.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 03 December 16 at 00:39
MotoX Champ88 said:
This is how you know TA members as a whole are clueless. Battlefield 1 lost to Doom for best sound... that invalidates this entire thing. I won't even bother wasting my time looking at games that were chosen based on their achievements and not their actual quality.

And overwatch is a kiddie game full of micro transactions... no more needs to be said. And it's not a shooter, it's a MOBA which is the cancer of game genres.
This isn't the TA GOTY awards. Those are coming in the weeks ahead. These winners are from last night's show, simply titled The Game Awards. It's broadcasted annually in early December.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.