Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Weekend Conversation: Like That Game? Watch This Movie!

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 December 16 at 21:57
    Uncharted series needs to be turn into a movie series it's not impossible to do and so does the tomb raider games 2013/15 would be awesome as well
  • K0RNMA5T3SK0RNMA5T3S1,100,661
    Posted on 02 December 16 at 22:09
    I really like the idea that they want to extend the atmosphere a game gives you by comparing it to movies in the same genre.

Personally I would rather compare Mafia 2 with Goodfellas if you look at the atmosphere the game and the movie create.
  • The NotoThe Noto684,356
    Posted on 02 December 16 at 22:36
    K0RNMA5T3S said:
    Personally I would rather compare Mafia 2 with Goodfellas if you look at the atmosphere the game and the movie create.
    This.
  • Posted on 02 December 16 at 22:44
    xONLY INHUMANx said:
    Uncharted series needs to be turn into a movie series it's not impossible to do and so does the tomb raider games 2013/15 would be awesome as well
    actually...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1365519/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464335/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I can very much recommend stopping by the cinema and watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - even if you are not a fan of Harry Potter, but likes magic and good special effects.
    Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
  • TheIrishBeastTheIrishBeast1,906,134
    Posted on 02 December 16 at 23:32
    Great idea and a great read. I recall maxing Mafia 2, watching Goodfellas and going to Franky and Benny's for dinner. The restaurant played lots of the same music from Mafia 2 which I really enjoyed and Goodfellas is a classic! As is the Departed.
  • Posted on 03 December 16 at 03:33
    Appreciate the shoutout to The Departed. One of the best movies I've ever seen. Scorsese is a legend. clap
    War...war never changes.
  • Posted on 03 December 16 at 03:46
    I personally would skip Alien and go right to Aliens. I found the first movie kind of boring to be honest. While not down right horrible I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Posted on 03 December 16 at 03:58
    xMidget Furyx said:
    I personally would skip Alien and go right to Aliens. I found the first movie kind of boring to be honest. While not down right horrible I wouldn't recommend it.
    This is actually often debated and it comes down to preference. The first is a horror movie from Ridley Scott while the sequel is an action movie from James Cameron. I like both but definitely prefer the original.
  • Posted on 03 December 16 at 06:27
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    xMidget Furyx said:
    This is actually often debated and it comes down to preference. The first is a horror movie from Ridley Scott while the sequel is an action movie from James Cameron. I like both but definitely prefer the original.
    I guess I've never looked at it that way. Good point.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 December 16 at 06:42
    Twinkling82 said:
    xONLY INHUMANx said:
    actually...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1365519/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464335/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I can very much recommend stopping by the cinema and watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - even if you are not a fan of Harry Potter, but likes magic and good special effects.
    thank's,,,,i heard the later harry potter movie's are meant to be pretty good and so does fantastic beast somebody has meantioned before
    uncharted has been like that for year's. it's the first time i heard about a tomb raider movie. i really hope they push forward and make both but they also need good actor's. the voice actor's for lara and the uncharted cast are amazing
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,249,493
    Posted on 03 December 16 at 08:21
    Finally now I can stop using my excuse of "I don't watch movies because I play too many video games"
  • Posted on 03 December 16 at 08:52
    xMidget Furyx said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    xMidget Furyx said:
    Its one of those things where both movies are good in their own right, but they are very different movies. I also prefer the first movie but the 2nd is still very solid.

Though don't bother with 3 and 4...... they aren't great.
  • Posted on 03 December 16 at 10:51
    xONLY INHUMANx said:
    it's the first time i heard about a tomb raider movie. i really hope they push forward and make both but they also need good actor's. the voice actor's for lara and the uncharted cast are amazing
    There is already a couple of Tomb Raider movies made a good few years back based on the older games - I can recommend looking into them.
    Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
  • Posted on 03 December 16 at 13:02
    Twinkling82 said:
    xONLY INHUMANx said:
    it's the first time i heard about a tomb raider movie. i really hope they push forward and make both but they also need good actor's. the voice actor's for lara and the uncharted cast are amazing
    There is already a couple of Tomb Raider movies made a good few years back based on the older games - I can recommend looking into them.
    I think it was Angelina Jolie playing Lara Croft and Daniel Craig in that but even still I found it was poorly made. I think they missed a big chance for a great movie if they took the time to write it well.

Also if anyone is checking out Alien movie series for the first time, make sure to watch the Predator movies.
  • prim4l dre4mprim4l dre4m143,262
    Posted on 03 December 16 at 23:41
    The Minish Wolf said:
    xMidget Furyx said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    xMidget Furyx said:
    Its one of those things where both movies are good in their own right, but they are very different movies. I also prefer the first movie but the 2nd is still very solid.

I agree with you on 3, but 4 is actually a pretty fun movie if you don't take it too seriously. Winona Ryder and Ron Perlman are great in it (as is Sigourney Weaver of course) and it was written by Joss Whedon!
  • Posted on 04 December 16 at 00:10
    prim4l dre4m said:
    The Minish Wolf said:

I agree with you on 3, but 4 is actually a pretty fun movie if you don't take it too seriously. Winona Ryder and Ron Perlman are great in it (as is Sigourney Weaver of course) and it was written by Joss Whedon!
    To be honest, I have never watched 4, haha. I just know that its not the best, though I do like Ron Perlman from the Hellboy movies (make a third one goddammit) so maybe one day I will give it a go. I liked 3 in some aspects but overall, meh, it didn't develop the characters at all and they were pretty much just sacks of meat to me.
  • o DEEVIUS oo DEEVIUS o596,332
    Posted on 04 December 16 at 00:35
    [REC] is actually really good, def worth checking out even for those lesser inclined towards zombie movies.

Only one I haven't seen, or even heard of, is 'Train to Busan', might have to check it out thanks smile
    I'll be the sky, and you be the bird
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,737,222
    Posted on 04 December 16 at 11:01
    Good movies, didnt care for the Mafia games though.
  • Posted on 04 December 16 at 22:55
    Anyone know any movies similar to Alan Wake? I love that environment.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads