Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Weekend Conversation: Like That Game? Watch This Movie!

• Posted on 04 December 16 at 23:58
    blueriversbeast said:
    Anyone know any movies similar to Alan Wake? I love that environment.
    Mr. Jones
    Secret Window
  • Posted on 05 December 16 at 03:38
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    blueriversbeast said:
    Anyone know any movies similar to Alan Wake? I love that environment.
    Mr. Jones
    Secret Window
    Haven't watched it myself but Twin peaks gets mentioned a lot.
  • Posted on 05 December 16 at 07:28
    Yeah Twin Peaks is a TV show though, so I didn't mention it. We'll be doing that feature later. :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 December 16 at 07:40
    What about Fire Walk With Me? wink
    The people's champion! Well done for an amazing run, and for croaking with dignity. #TeamSporl4lyf - MalibuStacey85
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv635,516
    Posted on 05 December 16 at 11:27
    The Road for Fallout fans? Not completely similar, aside from the fact that they're both post-apocalyptic survival tales, but it's the best I could come up with.

Gears Of War -> Dead Alive (hahahahahaha - chainsaw)
    Forza Motorsport -> Rush (although that would be for F1 fans, I'm trying to stay console exclusive)

---

The Crew -> Fast & Furious, of corpse
    Just Cause series -> Expendables series

I'm not very good at this dance
    'Member?
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,316,627
    Posted on 05 December 16 at 15:25, Edited on 05 December 16 at 15:27 by Legohead 1977
    Interesting article...just wanted to say I'm one of the Aliens supporters...I like Alien, but Aliens is my own personal favourite of all time. The third and fourth aren't bad, 3 if you prefer Alien and 4 if you prefer Aliens would be my thoughts.

District 9 is an awesome film, but I feel the link to include it in the article is a bit tenuous! (Just a personal opinion mind, and full credit for recommending people should watch it). I have also never played any ME game so I may be talking complete rot!

I think 28 Days Later would be a good should for fans of L4D as the Zombies move unnaturally, (if that's the right word given the context), fast. With regards to Dead Rising parallels, wasn't one of the Dawn of the Dead films actually set in a Mall? (It was Dawn of the Dead...I checked! 1978 and 2004 versions exist).

Final thought, if you are doing a TV to game one I hope you compare The Walking Dead TV Show to State of Decay where you have to survive and build a community, rather than the TWD series where you are told your decisions matter, but effectively choices are pretty linear and not at all personalised. (Sorry, just finished my second go through season one and I'm pretty bitter!)
    Legohead 1977
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash394,621
    Posted on 08 December 16 at 21:57
    Thanks for mentioning [REC] and not the terrible remake. Just don't watch [REC] 2, it retcons and ruins the first one.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.