Game Discussion: Steep

Broken drop points

• Posted on 03 December 16 at 18:58, Edited on 03 December 16 at 19:01 by PrestonPreston
    Anyone else have drop points that stay striped/flashing with the binoculars symbol over them even though you've unlocked and been to them?
    And further question, will this break the Unlock all Drop Zones achievement? I have a horrible feeling I'm going to get stuck at 15/16 Drop Zones on Aiguilles now...

The exploration and points of interest achieves could be glitchy too, as I got the one for getting 100% in one zone which means getting all DZ and PoI's and now I'm back at 18/19 PoI's for that mountain?!
    "music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix
  • NickwassupNickwassup288,805
    Posted on 03 December 16 at 19:53
    Someone on the PlayStation site confirmed that drop points are glitched
  • NickwassupNickwassup288,805
    Posted on 03 December 16 at 20:01
    But when I snap the achievements it says 1% of players have unlocked all drop points so maybe there is a chance you can still unlock it
  • Posted on 04 December 16 at 17:33
    Well it seems to have righted itself. I'm back at 19/19 points of interest on Aravis, and the drop point isn't marked any more so I got 16/16 on Aiguilles. But there's definitely something up with the tracking of those things.
    "music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix
  • Doc BuddhaDoc Buddha1,048,597
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 13:04, Edited on 07 December 16 at 13:09 by Doc Buddha
    I had that (although it was still showing all drop zones collected), did a hard reset/cache clear and it worked fine after that. Also 100%'d Tyrol for the 'chieve a couple of days ago, then noticed last night i had a POI missing. Checked the list on the guide and found it so back to 100% again.
  • Doc BuddhaDoc Buddha1,048,597
    Posted on 08 December 16 at 11:56
    Did all the POI last night, still had a drop zone showing with binoculars on it even though they were all collected & the game did still give me 100% exploration 'chieve. Now to work on those golds.
  • The EyelessThe Eyeless335,552
    Posted on 15 December 16 at 04:12, Edited on 15 December 16 at 04:13 by The Eyeless
    Same thing keeps happening with me. 4 mountains keep deleting 3-4 points of interest everytime i close the game. I re-obtained them again just now. Got 3 golds on some events (just to see if it would help save progress). Restarted, cleared cache using 2 different methods and the same ones are missing again. You can't ever buy games anymore without them having ridiculous game breaking glitches that ruin everything.
    Posted on 15 December 16 at 04:43
    Neat. I just went through a list for aravis, went to 19 spots. And it still says 18/19.
    Posted on 19 December 16 at 08:35, Edited on 19 December 16 at 08:36 by The Eyeless
    Achievements unlock. Just sort of annoying. Kind of have to do the ones that disapear in one sitting.
    Advice. Move on and get everything you can and do the ones last that you notice disapear. Had all the exploration achievements done for the last few days now, and stuff still disapears. Stick with it, it's only sort of broken, they'll probably patch it soon.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads