The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 6th, 2016

• StK IStK I865,867
    Posted on 06 December 16 at 23:32
    Hue is charming little game with a nice aesthetic. Quick and fairly easy completion that I highly recommend. Collectibles are no trouble with a guide, even without are more of a decent challenge to find than the usual slog collectibles are
  • Posted on 06 December 16 at 23:42
    same shit ... different toilet , its supposed to be xmas ffs . oh dear me
  • madmaxeymadmaxey453,162
    Posted on 06 December 16 at 23:55
    I liked The Wolf Among Us. Good deal for 5 bucks in my opinion.
  • HermitXBHermitXB142,202
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 00:04
    madmaxey said:
    I liked The Wolf Among Us. Good deal for 5 bucks in my opinion.
    Most people probably already have it seeing as it was available with games with gold a while back.
  • Posted on 07 December 16 at 00:29, Edited on 07 December 16 at 00:32 by Crimson Drifter
    Nice to see some different titles on sale.

I'll pick up Hue for sure, and possibly Shantae.

Foul Play was a pretty fun XBLA title, I think it flew under the radar. I bought it at $5, at $2.50 its a steal!

JUJU is a simple platformer that doesn't overstay its welcome, easy completion too. Don't expect anything amazing though
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • AmethystineAmethystine1,257,992
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 01:50, Edited on 07 December 16 at 02:26 by Amethystine
    Is anyone else having an issue with buying these?

Usually when I view a game on sale on Xbox One, the buttons are like this:

[Buy $14.99 $7.50 with Gold ] [Redeem a code] [Game Hub]

Within the 'buy' button, it shows the normal price with a line through it and the sale price next to it.

BUT NOW it's like this:

[Buy] [Buy $14.99 $7.50 with Gold ] [Redeem a code] [Game Hub]

It's like a re-arrangement to fool people into clicking on the non-discounted 'Buy' button, which is shitty. But aside from that, when I click on the sale price button, it just takes me back to the main Xbox Live Gold page (where you see the games that are free and the first four titles in the deals of the week, and the 'Benefits with Gold' video links, below.)

So my choices are to buy at the normal price, or a button that just takes me backwards.
    ~
    I just tried looking at the games via the consoles store pages too, and it's the same thing. Maybe I should try buying from the Xbox.com site. :P
    ~
    If this is just me, my best guess is this is due to me having just renewed my gold subscription on the 4th of December, and it THINKS I'm not a gold member, so when I try to get the gold deal, it's thinking 'I better send him to the page where you sign up for gold!'
    ~

Edit: Tried doing it via Xbox.com, it also seems to think I don't have Gold status for this sale. Well that's just great.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash570,761
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 02:05, Edited on 07 December 16 at 02:05 by WhyattThrash
    Amethystine said:
    Is anyone else having an issue with buying these?....
    The UI (buttons etc) is different for Xbone and 360 games. It always shows you the actual price when confirming AFTER clicking the first "Buy" button though. If the price is correct there you're good to go. Otherwise contact MS support, they're available in chat and can help with many issues.
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 02:32, Edited on 07 December 16 at 02:35 by Amethystine
    Whyatt Thrash:

Yeah, no, it's just that the Xbox eco-system as a whole [or whatever you'd like to call Microsoft's mother brain], seems to think I'm not Gold any longer, even though I just auto-renewed on Dec 4th. I have the email confirmation of that renewal, too, and the renewal amount showing on my credit card, so the renewal definitely happened.

So my options are to buy Hue at 14.99 or "Get Gold", which I already am (or should be, anyway).

Also, yes, I should have mentioned that I of course checked, before posting, to see what would happen if I clicked on the regular 'Buy' button, and it was trying to charge me the full $14.99.

~
    I'll just wait and see if it's okay tomorrow, THEN I'll call support, or chat at them, or tweet them, or whatever.
    ~
    Oh, and also of note is the fact that my good old Xbox 360 still knows I'm gold. I checked it, and I could have bought any of its gold sale items at the correct price, if I wanted any of them.
  • webdoggywebdoggy993,045
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 03:26
    Amethystine:

I had the same thing happen to me a month back. Ended up just buying the game on Xbox.com. Next time I tried buying a game on the console it was back to normal. Likely a temporary glitch.
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 03:45
    WebDoggy: I tried doing it on Xbox.com, too, but it's the same problem there.

But yeah, I should just wait a day or two. It's funny. I have so many other games I could be playing, but I'm obsessing over this, because it's something I can't have. You always want what you can't have! D:
  • Posted on 07 December 16 at 04:44
    Eenieakane said:
    Wolf Among Us is a steal at that price, you can get the disk version but it is buggy as hell, frame rates the worse of any game I've played, and just gets amusing when it changes language near the end.
    interestingly i had the exact same quality (or lack of quality) when playing the digital version. I thought installing the disc would help, but you can't install it, so i figured the digital version would be better, but it definitely seemed no different to me. usually it didn't cause a big problem, except in some of the quick-time events.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash570,761
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 05:17
    Hang on, do you mean you're trying it on the console or on the site? Try using the xbox.com site if you haven't alreadyAmethystine said:
    I'll just wait and see if it's okay tomorrow, THEN I'll call support, or chat at them, or tweet them, or whatever.
    If it doesn't work, just hit up a chat and get some answers. Seriously, they usually have an agent available in a minute or two
  • METAL PMETAL P287,059
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 05:19
    DarkWingSpartan said:
    $5 for The Wolf Amoung Us? Hell yeah. Been wanting to replay that on 360.
    Same here, now I can 100% my game on the 360. I ended up playing it on my PS4 recently. Pretty cool story
    METAL P/AGNOSTICMADBALL=PS4 Gamertag
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA2,299,169
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 08:48
    Grabbed foul play . Juju and stickbold , I can't believe that game has a 2 ratio? Lol
  • MaesenkoMaesenko340,757
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 13:34
    Shantae for me, I Kickstarted Half-Genie Hero so it'll be nice to play the game that came before it.

Thinking about Abzu, Stikbold, JUJU, and Hue.
    "I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
  • CauseCause484,381
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 14:03
    matdan said:
    Meh
    This.
    Grammar Nazi. I do it for the posts.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 December 16 at 15:54
    Dang! $2.50 for Stikbold - I feel ripped off cry lol
    A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 22:32
    Whyatt:

If you see this, I thought it was fairly clear I had been trying it on both my Xbox One and on the Xbox.com site.

Anyway, it was all fine today, back to normal on both the website and on the console. I'm playing Hue right now! :P
  • JoonasJoonas414,845
    Posted on 07 December 16 at 22:58
    I almost bought The Wolf Among Us for Xbox One, but realized I already owned it since it was previously available with Games with Gold.
  • mosin360mosin360776,126
    Posted on 08 December 16 at 03:06
    Trying to buy Foul Play on Xbox.com and I want to use my MS account and the payment options are only credit cards. How do I buy it using my MS account?
    Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads