Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

TrueAchievements Games of the Year 2016 - Part One

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 12 December 16 at 20:19
Ten of our highest rated games from 2016

Please click here to read the story: TrueAchievements Games of the Year 2016 - Part One
PlayUltimate711
Posted on 12 December 16 at 20:26
I really liked/loved Superhot, Rocket League, Action Henk, and Quantum Break.

No interest in Layers of Fear.

Tried and didn't really enjoy Doom and The Division.

Still have PvZ GW2, Dark Souls 3, and Dirt Rally sitting there wanting to be played. I definitely want to spend some time with all 3 of those.
I AM PEKE?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 12 December 16 at 20:28
All are good besides the division imo. AngryJoe's review sums up my problems perfectly.

It's kinda like what happened with destiny. Stale at launch, better with all the dlc out.
t-t-t-today junior
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 12 December 16 at 21:09
Dave, I'll never forgive you for not awarding Rocket League the ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸit deserves. ๐Ÿ˜†
SaDi5TiK
SaDi5TiK
Posted on 12 December 16 at 21:35
Overwatch deserves a review.
NO1KEV
NO1KEV
Posted on 12 December 16 at 22:24
The division 4.5/5?! Really?! Everyone I know who has reckons its still a mess now! Battlefield 1 for me just because I've never really played mp except for the achs but always play the mp on it at least twice a week for 3-5 hours at a time, even tho I suck!
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 12 December 16 at 22:30
The Division is well-worthy of a 4.5. May have had a rocky road since launch but it's still an outstanding title and is still fun to play nine months down the line. Plus there's been plenty of new content added since it's release and there's still updates and DLC to come.

YEAR TWO INCOMING! rock
TrueAchievements News Assistant Manager | Twitch: DatBoiTreezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
Page Daemon
Page Daemon
Posted on 12 December 16 at 22:31
I like this "Best Of TA" article idea. It's a nice companion to the TA GOTY voting.
Page
Julz D 01
Julz D 01
Posted on 12 December 16 at 23:13
DOOM
ImaginaryRuins
Posted on 13 December 16 at 00:14
I enjoyed Layers of Fear a lot, though I'm not sure whether the game deserves such a high score.
Jaychen0424
Jaychen0424
Posted on 13 December 16 at 01:33
2k17 prelude and Ben-hur
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 13 December 16 at 02:15
I've been meaning to play layers of fear. Sounds like I need to get on that!
FierceMonkeyMan
Posted on 13 December 16 at 02:34
Everything is 4.5 out of 5. Was nothing worthy of that extra half star this year? laugh
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 13 December 16 at 03:49
FierceMonkeyMan said:
Everything is 4.5 out of 5. Was nothing worthy of that extra half star this year? laugh
We have four five star reviews and they'll be featured in part two. Apparently we didn't award a 5/5 for the first several months, haha. These are in chronological order. I know I gave a 5 in the summer among three others.
Mario163
Mario163
Posted on 13 December 16 at 06:53
PvZ GW2!
KaiGreatShiva
Posted on 13 December 16 at 08:58
Tom Clancy's The Division never played it but watched almost all Episodes (Youtube Gameplay) and its just awesome.
DeadMarten
DeadMarten
Posted on 13 December 16 at 09:38
I like the article, but I would've liked it more if it came as a sort of 'TA-staff game of the year', at the same time as the results of the regular GOTY.
In my opinion, this article could only give the games you, as TA-staff, have reviewed as high scoring an unfair advantage by setting them in the spotlight in a 'if you don't know what to vote, vote for these!' kind of way. On another note, you could give the spotlight once more to games that are forgotten already because of their early release and overshadowed since with more recent good games.
In conclusion: I think this post can influence the outcome of the GOTY by biasing voters, but I'm not sure yet if it is detrimental or not...
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 13 December 16 at 09:58
A few I wouldn't mind playing, especially PvZ2, I loved the first one.

Somehow never heard of Layers of Fear but it sounds interesting.

As a game I quite enjoyed Dark Souls but I found what fans of the game refer to as the 'difficulty' quite irritating, most games require a few attempts at a boss to learn a technique, what they don't do is put the checkpoints an unnecessary distance away just to artificially increase the death count. I do want to give the series another chance, should I skip 2 and head straight for 3? Also can someone confirm if they still have that unbelievably ridiculous game mechanic of not being able to pause? (If I die because more important things come up then that isn't difficult...that's just not catering for life).
Legohead 1977
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 13 December 16 at 11:04
DeadMarten said:
I like the article, but I would've liked it more if it came as a sort of 'TA-staff game of the year', at the same time as the results of the regular GOTY.
In my opinion, this article could only give the games you, as TA-staff, have reviewed as high scoring an unfair advantage by setting them in the spotlight in a 'if you don't know what to vote, vote for these!' kind of way. On another note, you could give the spotlight once more to games that are forgotten already because of their early release and overshadowed since with more recent good games.
In conclusion: I think this post can influence the outcome of the GOTY by biasing voters, but I'm not sure yet if it is detrimental or not...
We do a staff GOTY. It's currently being voted on. This article isn't meant to be any sort of award, just a recap of some of our most favorable reviews.
is that Hydro
is that Hydro
Posted on 13 December 16 at 14:18
LifeExpectancy said:
I've been meaning to play layers of fear. Sounds like I need to get on that!
Ive had it forever lol - keep wanting to start it but lack of time and motivation sucks laugh
A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.