The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 13th, 2016

AuthorMessage
StumblesMcGee
StumblesMcGee
Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:47
All of the above mentioned Stars Wars items are only available for people with EA Access, otherwise they're full price. At least according to what I've found on Xbox.com.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:48
Would buy letter quest if it wasn't in a bundle (I have the other game)
Yours sincerely, TG
CornCutterGhost
Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:50
Waiting for the day the Dying light season pass goes on sale separately cry
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 13 December 16 at 19:25
OldSchoolBlood said:
If a company cares so little for their game to release it with broken achievements. I will also care so little for their product and save my money not buying at any price.
Agreed. Whether the developers are lazy or simply unwilling, the achievements are a feature of an xbox game and as a developer they need to work. If they don't take pride in producing a complete product (or immediately work on patches to fix them) they never see my money. Ever.
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
CrosscutSlinky
Posted on 13 December 16 at 19:54
Was checking the Storeparser website in the early hours of this morning on my iPad, and they were showing the Star Wars Battlefront season pass for £12, the first 3 dlcs for £6 each, and the ultimate upgrade pack for £8. Went on the Xbox One app, searched for the season pass, and right enough was showing at £12, so I bought it, and I don't have EA Access. Even have an email confirming the purchase for £12. Somebody must have made a cock up with pricing. dance
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 13 December 16 at 20:18
Wish I could get JUST the Mortal Kombat DLC on sale. That's what I get for buying digital on day one.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 13 December 16 at 20:22, Edited on 13 December 16 at 20:23 by HolyHalfDead
CrosscutSlinky said:
Was checking the Storeparser website in the early hours of this morning on my iPad, and they were showing the Star Wars Battlefront season pass for £12, the first 3 dlcs for £6 each, and the ultimate upgrade pack for £8. Went on the Xbox One app, searched for the season pass, and right enough was showing at £12, so I bought it, and I don't have EA Access. Even have an email confirming the purchase for £12. Somebody must have made a cock up with pricing. dance
The price increase and the EA Access requirement was added after the sale started. They made a mistake and this isn't the first time. It pays to jump on the really good deals quick, as they can be too good to be true. Of course if it is free by mistake they will revoke your license, but I haven't heard of anyone being refunded and their license revoked from a pricing mistake.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 13 December 16 at 20:50
Alien rage for me !! , Nice surprise .
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 13 December 16 at 21:00
anybody knows when the countdown sales will begin? Maybe next Tuesday?
I did not see any official announcement by now
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 13 December 16 at 21:04
Pare ESP said:
Don't they do a "12 Days of Countdown" thing? That would lead itself to next Tuesday by chance anyway.
Yinga Garten
Yinga Garten
Posted on 13 December 16 at 21:09
Just Alien Rage and Octodad this week for me.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 13 December 16 at 21:17
HolyHalfDead said:
CrosscutSlinky said:
The price increase and the EA Access requirement was added after the sale started. They made a mistake and this isn't the first time. It pays to jump on the really good deals quick, as they can be too good to be true. Of course if it is free by mistake they will revoke your license, but I haven't heard of anyone being refunded and their license revoked from a pricing mistake.
I've updated the article to reflect the fact it's now for EA Access members only and the change in pricing. Silly dingbats.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
XenomorphFiend
Posted on 13 December 16 at 21:25
OnlyArcher5809 said:
It might be a while, so please don't hold your breath, as it was on sale back in September UPDATED: XBL Sale Roundup: September 13th, 2016

Do season passes this gen ever go on sale more than once? It sucks that it's rare that they go on sale at all, let alone again...
'Member?
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 13 December 16 at 21:47
BanjoRebel said:
OnlyArcher5809 said:
It might be a while, so please don't hold your breath, as it was on sale back in September UPDATED: XBL Sale Roundup: September 13th, 2016

Do season passes this gen ever go on sale more than once? It sucks that it's rare that they go on sale at all, let alone again...
It's a very rare thing these days and for some games has never happened (Watch_Dogs). Not just Season Passes, but DLC on its own too. Bundles and games are mostly what we get.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
NO1KEV
NO1KEV
Posted on 13 December 16 at 22:36
BanjoRebel said:
OnlyArcher5809 said:

Not often, it because of the stupid overpriced deluxe digital version which include the season pass go on sale a fair bit which is a kick in the teeth for people like me who prefer retail if its available. No way I'm paying £70 or more for a game n season pass on digital. Most season passes suck
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 13 December 16 at 23:09
HolyHalfDead said:
KenH2k4 said:
Also, glad I snagged the BF season pass when I did then
Well done. I let people on my friend feed and my blog followers know about this 17 hours ago.
I found it on storeparser, but I'm going to add you now for future reference :)
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 14 December 16 at 01:14
Nothing for me this week. I have this TMNT game and it was awful the least time I've played. Must give it another shot.

MugenKairo said:
OldSchoolBlood said:
If a company cares so little for their game to release it with broken achievements. I will also care so little for their product and save my money not buying at any price.
Agreed. Whether the developers are lazy or simply unwilling, the achievements are a feature of an xbox game and as a developer they need to work. If they don't take pride in producing a complete product (or immediately work on patches to fix them) they never see my money. Ever.
That's right. And I add they should be bashed because some people don't seem to like to work if they're not being exposed.

Not related but It's funny how konami swear the achievements in DDR Universe 3 can be obtained legit. u_u'
Tanelorn82
Tanelorn82
Posted on 14 December 16 at 01:32
Don't know why, but I'm tempted by Dogfight
Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 14 December 16 at 02:01
xPut Name Herex said:
Pare ESP said:
Don't they do a "12 Days of Countdown" thing? That would lead itself to next Tuesday by chance anyway.
For the last 3 years it's been a Tuesday, so if we are going to have a countdown sale this year, it will start Tuesday 20th December 2016.

2015 Tue 22nd Dec - HolyHalfDead's blog post - Countdown to 2016 Sale - Day 1
2014 Tue 16th Dec - HolyHalfDead's blog post - Countdown to 2015 Deals - Day 16
2013 Tue 17th Dec - HolyHalfDead's blog post - Countdown to 2014 Deals - Day 15
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
XenomorphFiend
Posted on 14 December 16 at 02:31
Tanelorn82 said:
Don't know why, but I'm tempted by Dogfight
I had a lot of fun with it, definitely worth that price!
'Member?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.