The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 13th, 2016

AuthorMessage
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 14 December 16 at 03:58
Sucks, I was looking forward to both Westerado and Saturday Morning RPG.
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 14 December 16 at 08:12
For those that have played it, is Saturday Morning RPG any good? I would like a non reviewer's opinion.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 14 December 16 at 10:18
Octodad at £3 probably, none of the 360 titles seem to be BC, so no opportunity to gameshare.

Why is Dying Light still so expensive, I really fancy trying it, as does my mate...but still to rich for our blood!

Glad I got letter quest when it was paired with Paranautical rather than the awful Three Fourths Home.
Legohead 1977
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 14 December 16 at 10:32, Edited on 14 December 16 at 10:33 by Stevo6483
HolyHalfDead said:
Stevo6483 said:
KenH2k4 said:
They must have messed up the price on the BF season pass. I got it for $15 last night
Apparently that's the price if you have EA Access (according to the MS website).

£23 is now the standard Season Pass price after they lowered it a few weeks ago - it probably shouldn't be in the article if I'm reading this right.
Star Wars Battlefront is an EA Access Exclusive sale now. The Season Pass discount has also changed from 50% off to 35% off.

I think EA Access sales should be included in this article.
Oh I agree EA Access sales should be included, it's just the article was wrong at the time of writing. There was no discount on the season pass price and the deals were shown to be available to all Live members. It's been corrected now so all is good.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Maesenko
Maesenko
Posted on 14 December 16 at 13:48
Just the XBLA titles for me. Was interested by Saturday Morning RPG, but I won't buy !U! games until they are fixed. And on sale again.
"I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 14 December 16 at 13:58
LifeExpectancy said:
For those that have played it, is Saturday Morning RPG any good? I would like a non reviewer's opinion.
I heard it is a solid tongue in cheek fun game. I want to get it myself but that unobtainable and lack of communication on the issue from the developer has me concerned.
Ask me about my rock collection.
WickedDeath
WickedDeath
Posted on 14 December 16 at 16:26
Another very shitty sale week. It's all we get anymore. If You don't have Dying Light though, it's certainly worth the price of admission. other than that....pure crap
drownedLTspeirs
Posted on 14 December 16 at 23:27
Quick question, so I liked the Captain America game and was able to complete the Green Lantern game and get all achievements in both, will I enjoy The Amazing Spider-Man 2? I see it got pretty bad reviews but so did those other games that I liked. Seems like an easy enough completion as well...
LTspeirs
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 15 December 16 at 00:14
Nothing for me. At least not at those prices. Will wait for bigger discounts. Hopefully the Xmas and New Years sales are better.
DCM7734
DCM7734
Posted on 15 December 16 at 01:26
Is farming Simulator worth getting? Or should I save my $12 and change for another round of games?
Bah Humbug.
hERetIXxx
hERetIXxx
Posted on 15 December 16 at 04:04
when does the xmas countdown sales begin??
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 15 December 16 at 07:32
hERetIXxx said:
It's countdown to the new year and should start next week unless they've changed the pattern this year.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 15 December 16 at 09:13, Edited on 15 December 16 at 09:25 by HolyHalfDead
Stevo6483 said:
Oh I agree EA Access sales should be included, it's just the article was wrong at the time of writing. There was no discount on the season pass price and the deals were shown to be available to all Live members. It's been corrected now so all is good.
http://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-one/database/bundle-35...

It was correct at the time of writing, it may no longer have been correct at the time of publishing, and it certainly wasn't correct by the time you read it.

It takes a couple of hours or more to create these articles, so it is possible for the prices to change during that time.

But like you said, it is correct, for now.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 15 December 16 at 11:42
HolyHalfDead said:
It was correct at the time of writing, it may no longer have been correct at the time of publishing, and it certainly wasn't correct by the time you read it.
I stand corrected laugh
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
IronFistofSnuff
Posted on 15 December 16 at 12:59
I picked up Alien Rage, I hope it goes BC, but if not I'll play it on 360. I honestly didn't even realize that it was on 360, I thought it was pc only. Also Tempted by Octodad, I like the game, but have seen it played so many times, I really don't need to experience it myself.

Other news: Today and tomorrow Bing rewards users can pick up a $10 off or $5 off certificate for the MS store and then get a $10 or $5 xbox card for free.

$10 off - 1000 points
$5 off - 500 points

*While supplies last and US only.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 15 December 16 at 14:33
creptor5291 said:
I picked up Alien Rage, I hope it goes BC, but if not I'll play it on 360. I honestly didn't even realize that it was on 360, I thought it was pc only. Also Tempted by Octodad, I like the game, but have seen it played so many times, I really don't need to experience it myself.

Other news: Today and tomorrow Bing rewards users can pick up a $10 off or $5 off certificate for the MS store and then get a $10 or $5 xbox card for free.

$10 off - 1000 points
$5 off - 500 points

*While supplies last and US only.
Fine print says it excludes gift cards.
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 16 December 16 at 00:06
BanjoRebel said:
Tanelorn82 said:
Don't know why, but I'm tempted by Dogfight
I had a lot of fun with it, definitely worth that price!
I'm tempted too, despite the backlog and lack of gaming time, but it's hard to get accurate info about. Some say it's crazy short, some that it's fairly long, some say that it'd tough and frustrating, other like you say it's fun.
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 16 December 16 at 21:00, Edited on 16 December 16 at 21:03 by Pare ESP
ChewieOnIce said:
hERetIXxx said:
It's countdown to the new year and should start next week unless they've changed the pattern this year.
But, what it is really weird is that there is no official announcement from MS (aka majornelson) yet considering that it should start next week. Really weird.

I remember that one time the countdown was from the last days of the year to the first days of the next one. We will see!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.