Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The BioShock Trilogy is Now Backwards Compatible

• KBop a dooKBop a doo387,528
  • EffordEfford759,062
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:28
    Interesting. I didn't think they would make this backwards compatible after just re releasing them.
  • matdanmatdan840,603
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:31
    From what I can tell the JP stacks work but not the German stack.
  • TitianDanTitianDan1,091,181
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:34
    Their is 303 games bc, so surely the post should say more than 300 games and not more than 200
    D Jones
  • Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:36
    Infinite is like 13 gigs, is the DLC free with it?
  • Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:38
    at long last! :) there goes another 31 GB to a good cause! :)
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,180,912
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:39
    Bioshite Infinite wont install on my Xbox One. You guys 100% sure it's BC?
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:39, Edited on 13 December 16 at 18:44 by KBop a doo
    TitianDan said:
    Their is 303 games bc, so surely the post should say more than 300 games and not more than 200
    If you exclude all of the regional variants there are under 300 games backwards compatible according to the official list, so I went with this more accurate number (as, as much as achievement hunters love playing 5 different versions of the same game, it's not a "different" game, just a different version).
  • PolyMoosPolyMoos660,746
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:43
    I only have 36 more games that need to go BC before I can finally put my good old 360 out to pasture.
  • Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:46
    This is unexpected. Am very happy with this, having both 360 and xb1 versions clap
  • Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:48
    Chris1984uk said:
    It doesn't always work for everyone right away. Major Nelson, Aaron Greenberg, and Mike Ybarra all announced it today.
  • TitianDanTitianDan1,091,181
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:49
    KBop a doo said:
    TitianDan said:
    If you exclude all of the regional variants there are under 300 games backwards compatible according to the official list, so I went with this more accurate number (as, as much as achievement hunters love playing 5 different versions of the same game, it's not a "different" game, just a different version).
    If u look on wiki, it lists 303 different games and not one of them are the regional varients
    D Jones
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:52, Edited on 13 December 16 at 19:05 by KBop a doo
    TitianDan said:
    KBop a doo said:
    TitianDan said:
    If u look on wiki, it lists 303 different games and not one of them are the regional varients
    Interesting, as the official list, from Major Nelson's blog, has 293.

Oh, I see what the problem is... the list of Wikipedia backwards compatible games lists games that have been confirmed to be coming to the program, but have not yet arrived. A lot of these have "TBA" next to them as a release date. You may use a different regional version of Wikipedia, so who knows if we are even looking at the same list.

Edit: I just ran the official list again and got a different number... I have no idea what is going on with those columns or if they just updated it or something. Either way, I'm not going to be picky about the difference between "over 250" and over "300" if the number is 303. Next time I'll just say "a lot." laugh
  • DimmockDimmock571,982
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:54, Edited on 13 December 16 at 18:54 by Dimmock
    But what will people complain about in every BC article now? laugh

Seriously though it was great of them to do it in a single batch, would love to see more series dumps of this nature in future BC announcements.
  • dirtysock47dirtysock47426,297
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:58
    Dimmock said:

Seriously though it was great of them to do it in a single batch, would love to see more series dumps of this nature in future BC announcements.
    I'm pretty sure a lot of Call of Duty games will be requested next.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 December 16 at 18:59
    Dimmock said:
    Yeah I was gonna say, wasn't there a guy that would constantly post in every BC article about how it's a travesty that Bioshock is not BC yet?

Now he can finally save his breath for a more worthy cause. Or he'll pick another series to bitch about.
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 19:02
    ParticleDuality said:
    Chris1984uk said:
    It doesn't always work for everyone right away. Major Nelson, Aaron Greenberg, and Mike Ybarra all announced it today.
    Sometimes you need a hard reset too. I've had to hard reset for almost every BC announcement.
  • zsoltee53zsoltee53399,097
    Finally! clap
  • AP 8T8AP 8T82,535,087
    Noticed the previously delisted dlc now appears to be available digitally. Is this the case for Bioshock 2 Korea as well?
  • Posted on 13 December 16 at 19:03
    Dimmock said:

The Darkness!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.