Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The BioShock Trilogy is Now Backwards Compatible

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 December 16 at 22:55
    Like a few others have said, I'm waiting for a few more of my back catalogue to go BC before I can properly box up the 360, but with each one that does, I get the bad feeling I'm gonna be left with a handful that won't make it for one reason or another. Come on Kingdoms of Amalur, Dark Arisen, Dragon Age Origins & Street Fighter 4.
  • deluxnugsdeluxnugs665,929
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 23:01
    matdan said:
    From what I can tell the JP stacks work but not the German stack.
    as far as that goes the disc version of both work.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl212,305
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 23:01
    I think less than half of the 360 games I have left to play are BC. Surprised Just Cause isn't, since the second one is.

Manic Mani said:
    About time lol, now come on deadspace.
    2 and 3? The first one is backwards compatible.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,732,989
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 23:11
    zeldafanjtl said:
    I think less than half of the 360 games I have left to play are BC. Surprised Just Cause isn't, since the second one is.
    I deleted all of my BC games off of my 360, and redownloaded all of my non-BC purchases; I suddenly have 90 GB free.
  • HydrolexHydrolex1,358,286
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 23:27
    best news for me today. now i can continue to work on my blue ribbons. was sick of playing it on my old non-hdmi 20gig 360
  • Bullen470Bullen470638,655
    Posted on 13 December 16 at 23:31
    If the framerate is unlocked on all 3 games, is there any sort of improvement in performance?
  • SkelixSkelix1,719,775
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 00:26
    not sure how the dlc is going to work - just installed bioshock 2 (korean), and when I went to manage game, all 4 dlc's were available (in reality just the mp with rebirth should have been available).

When I go to play the game, it is indeed the Korean version, but none of the dlc seems to work.

So not sure if it just sees that Skelix owns (as I bought the international all DLC) and then sees a Bioshock 2 and is giving me access to it, or if it's free, or if we can only dl the international versions of the dlc.

I'm installing Japan version right now, which shouldn't have any dlc, let's see if in manage game what it says!
  • matdanmatdan840,856
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 01:04
    Dimmock said:
    But what will people complain about in every BC article now? laugh
    Well now it will be:
    Saints Row 1/2/3
    Darkness 1/2
    The Tom Clancy games ie HAWX, Future Soldier, GRAW2
    Skate 2
    AC Rogue, Revelation, Brotherhood, Liberation and III
    Fable Anniversary
    Blops II or MW2
    The remaining Halo games.

I feel like these will all be added at some point, so reasonable list to wait for. Also a number of them were announced for BC at some point.
  • SkelixSkelix1,719,775
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 01:07
    ok after installing japanese bio 2, and going to manage game, I already have dlc installed. So even though seems to recognize different versions of bio 2 and install them separately, seems the dlc is just the international dlc and you can install to all the version, but it seems it will only work on international version :(

Please correct me if I'm wrong someone, on how to install it properly - if I'm doing something wrong.
  • Posted on 14 December 16 at 01:23
    Bought the remastered when it was on sale, could have saved a bit if this would have happened sooner as I had a few from GWG. Oh well can't win them all and I heard the HD quality is worth it so meh.
  • AP 8T8AP 8T82,537,048
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 01:27
    Skelix said:
    ok after installing japanese bio 2, and going to manage game, I already have dlc installed. So even though seems to recognize different versions of bio 2 and install them separately, seems the dlc is just the international dlc and you can install to all the version, but it seems it will only work on international version :(

Please correct me if I'm wrong someone, on how to install it properly - if I'm doing something wrong.
    So you own the Rapture Metro dlc on the standard 360 version? You installed the Korean version onto xbox one and installed the dlc via manage game. When you go into multiplayer and create a private match are you able to select any of these maps;

Dionysus Park
    Fighting McDonagh's
    Fontaine Fisheries
    Pauper's Drop
    Siren Alley
    Smuggler's Hideout
  • OFalasqueOFalasque497,389
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 01:30
    I installed bioshock 1, only achievement left is to complete the game on hard without using vita chambers, but the option to disable them is missing, as is the dlc from the manage game tab and the store. Maybe its already packaged with the game but i dont see the option on the menus, anyone know something about this?
  • Creepsho88Creepsho88307,720
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 01:43
    KBop a doo said:
    ParticleDuality said:
    Chris1984uk said:
    Bioshite Infinite wont install on my Xbox One. You guys 100% sure it's BC?
    It doesn't always work for everyone right away. Major Nelson, Aaron Greenberg, and Mike Ybarra all announced it today.
    Sometimes you need a hard reset too. I've had to hard reset for almost every BC announcement.
    Bingo. That's what I was going to suggest. Need a hard reset oftentimes for BackCompat, especially right after they're announced.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash511,158
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 01:47
    OFalasque said:
    I installed bioshock 1, only achievement left is to complete the game on hard without using vita chambers, but the option to disable them is missing, as is the dlc from the manage game tab and the store. Maybe its already packaged with the game but i dont see the option on the menus, anyone know something about this?
    This is something that was added in a title update, maybe that TU is missing somehow. Could you check if there are any updates available in the "My games" tab?
  • OFalasqueOFalasque497,389
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 01:59
    No updates, maybe its still coming. Guess I'll have to try not to die then.
  • Rad WizrrdRad Wizrrd449,261
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 02:55
    w00t! I've been meaning to play some of infinites DLC for a long time. :)
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash511,158
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 03:05, Edited on 14 December 16 at 03:07 by WhyattThrash
    OFalasque said:
    No updates, maybe its still coming. Guess I'll have to try not to die then.
    You can still get it if you reload after dying instead of keep playing from the vita-chamber. The option to disable the chambers is just a safety precaution when aiming for the achievement. You might still need a title update for the achievement to finally pop, but having the checkbox checked is not a requirement for popping it.
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,709,299
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 03:38
    Does this mean the disc version of bioshock (jp) would work since XB1 is region free?
  • xRosierroxxRosierrox1,347,872
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 03:43
    LifeExpectancy said:
    Does this mean the disc version of bioshock (jp) would work since XB1 is region free?
    Yes. I just installed and tested all disc versions. Every stack works.
    xRosierrox
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 December 16 at 04:08
    can't wait
    OV
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.