Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The BioShock Trilogy is Now Backwards Compatible

• SkelixSkelix1,712,304
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 04:14, Edited on 14 December 16 at 04:16 by Skelix
    AP 8T8 said:
    Skelix said:
    ok after installing japanese bio 2, and going to manage game, I already have dlc installed. So even though seems to recognize different versions of bio 2 and install them separately, seems the dlc is just the international dlc and you can install to all the version, but it seems it will only work on international version :(

Please correct me if I'm wrong someone, on how to install it properly - if I'm doing something wrong.
    So you own the Rapture Metro dlc on the standard 360 version? You installed the Korean version onto xbox one and installed the dlc via manage game. When you go into multiplayer and create a private match are you able to select any of these maps;

Dionysus Park
    Fighting McDonagh's
    Fontaine Fisheries
    Pauper's Drop
    Siren Alley
    Smuggler's Hideout
    OK so I didn't bother with jap version, as it is just base 1000 and no dlc is supposed to be released for it, by kor version shows all 4 dlc installed (as does jap), when going into mp, I see:

"Downloadable content required for this profile is unavailable. If you continue certain settings will be modified accordingly. Would you like to continue? Y/N"

So I'm assuming only international version the dlc will work on. Unfortunately Kor DLC doesn't seem able to be accessed :(

edit: and creating a match can't seem to load "new" maps :(
  • misfit119misfit1191,116,552
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 04:39
    The Globalizer said:
    zeldafanjtl said:
    I think less than half of the 360 games I have left to play are BC. Surprised Just Cause isn't, since the second one is.
    I deleted all of my BC games off of my 360, and redownloaded all of my non-BC purchases; I suddenly have 90 GB free.
    I've been doing this slowly but steadily since I don't like using up all of my 360's hard drive space. It's a nice feeling watching older games slowly but steadily crawl back on while still having lots of space to spare.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • EnoramaEnorama115,432
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 05:58
    What can I do if I own the DLCs for the first two games on disc (from the Ultimate Rapture Edition), am I out of luck?
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,709,167
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 06:32
    xRosierrox said:
    LifeExpectancy said:
    Does this mean the disc version of bioshock (jp) would work since XB1 is region free?
    Yes. I just installed and tested all disc versions. Every stack works.
    Nice. Just imagine if all JP visual novels went BC. JP xbox 360s would plummit in value!
  • AP 8T8AP 8T82,535,087
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 07:52
    Skelix said:
    AP 8T8 said:
    Skelix said:
    ok after installing japanese bio 2, and going to manage game, I already have dlc installed. So even though seems to recognize different versions of bio 2 and install them separately, seems the dlc is just the international dlc and you can install to all the version, but it seems it will only work on international version :(

Please correct me if I'm wrong someone, on how to install it properly - if I'm doing something wrong.
    So you own the Rapture Metro dlc on the standard 360 version? You installed the Korean version onto xbox one and installed the dlc via manage game. When you go into multiplayer and create a private match are you able to select any of these maps;

Dionysus Park
    Fighting McDonagh's
    Fontaine Fisheries
    Pauper's Drop
    Siren Alley
    Smuggler's Hideout
    OK so I didn't bother with jap version, as it is just base 1000 and no dlc is supposed to be released for it, by kor version shows all 4 dlc installed (as does jap), when going into mp, I see:

"Downloadable content required for this profile is unavailable. If you continue certain settings will be modified accordingly. Would you like to continue? Y/N"

So I'm assuming only international version the dlc will work on. Unfortunately Kor DLC doesn't seem able to be accessed :(

edit: and creating a match can't seem to load "new" maps :(
    Ok, does anyone have the Korean dlc and is able to check if that works BC?
  • LegendgenesisLegendgenesis1,010,767
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 08:01
    Why am I so excited for this? clap
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,889,237
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 09:10
    Does this mean the DLC purchases can be shared via gameshare...that would be awesome news indeed! (Everyone loves a 50% reduction in price).
    Legohead 1977
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4596,384
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 09:42
    Enorama said:
    What can I do if I own the DLCs for the first two games on disc (from the Ultimate Rapture Edition), am I out of luck?
    You should be able to install from that disc. You may have to leave it in to play though. That's the way it's worked with similar things in the past anyway
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483321,009
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 09:57
    Efford said:
    Interesting. I didn't think they would make this backwards compatible after just re releasing them.
    Well they've probably made their money from the remasters. It's bound to be a punch in the nose for the naysayers who thought these would never go BC who bought the remasters instead laugh
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Vaughan14Vaughan14375,655
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 11:47
    i just thought id check the price of infinite, maybe i could buy it digitally n play without the disc.
    who knew that itd cost more than the remastered trilogy lol.
  • GMNGMN453,963
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 12:01
    nice own them all digitally too, so no faffing around with discs toast
  • Posted on 14 December 16 at 13:12, Edited on 14 December 16 at 13:16 by DrunkLastKnight
    the first bioshock allowed me to install the dlc for it, should allow you to if it was ever in your purchase history
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,180,912
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 14:04
    Installing :D
  • OFalasqueOFalasque497,048
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 14:50
    Thanks for the info DrunkLastKnight, turns out the dlc is not available in my region
  • LilGurgiLilGurgi355,622
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 16:34
    Come Skyrim and AC: Rogue. Just need these 2 loans to go BC and my wishlist of non-digital games would be complete. rock
  • aphexbraphexbr228,228
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 16:42
    Efford said:
    Interesting. I didn't think they would make this backwards compatible after just re releasing them.
    Still? I honestly don't understand this. Microsoft announced these titles pretty much at the BC launch, they've been confirmed as being worked on by Microsoft and there's numerous examples of games that have native Xbox One versions but still got a BC release. Every single thread where someone brought this series up, someone would question whether it would be released and was shot down with facts. But even now, people were thinking they wouldn't do them? facepalm

Anyway, glad I finally get to replay them. I've been wanting to replay them and go through the Burial At Sea DLCs, but was waiting until I could do it on BC since my 360's disk drive is on its way out. Then, I might even pick up the remasters so I can 100% them without having to worry about unnecessary multiplayer! (something I wasn't going to do while I still have unpopped achievements and unplayed DLC for the originals)
  • Bigboy1173Bigboy1173389,978
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 17:38
    Im Just waiting for Fable Anniversary and Red Faction Guerilla ( I think) and then everything i kept after selling 360 will be backwards compat
  • XandlerXandler382,614
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 20:01
    Now I can finish Infinite on 1999 mode on my One!

Shereni said:
    Dimmock said:
    But what will people complain about in every BC article now? laugh
    Yeah I was gonna say, wasn't there a guy that would constantly post in every BC article about how it's a travesty that Bioshock is not BC yet?

Now he can finally save his breath for a more worthy cause. Or he'll pick another series to bitch about.
    I got a laugh out of this, I'm guilty of that, but it wasn't in every BC article, but I did it in a couple! laugh
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,493,598
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 21:04
    LilGurgi said:
    Come Skyrim and AC: Rogue. Just need these 2 loans to go BC and my wishlist of non-digital games would be complete. rock
    Skyrim will never come since there is a remaster!!!
    #mentallypudding
  • misfit119misfit1191,116,552
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 22:04
    alklein92201 said:
    LilGurgi said:
    Skyrim will never come since there is a remaster!!!
    inb4someoneexplainsthejoke

laugh
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.