Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The Little Acre Review

• punkyliarpunkyliar191,411
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 02:49Permalink
    A blast in more ways than one

Please click here to read the story: The Little Acre Review
  • imaidiot19imaidiot19733,978
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 03:01Permalink
    I preordered this game. Sad that it is so short, but I like adventure games, so I'll take an easy 1000.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • Posted on 14 December 16 at 03:22Permalink
    I don't think two hours is by default a bad playthrough time, but if it ends abruptly at that mark, then yes, that's an issue. I agree. Nice review, Punky.
  • Posted on 14 December 16 at 04:09Permalink
    Right when the story gets really good it's concluded and it is a shame.

Fantastic game and to anyone of those that were interested I implore you to pick it up.

Remember your first playthrough without a guide will give you a much lengthier experience.

Anyone who immediately goes for the 1000G will probably tell you the game is way too short which yknow any game is shorter than intended when you know every solution.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,019,340
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 09:34Permalink
    Really like the look of this one, and I do like a good adventure!
    Legohead 1977
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339401,794
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 10:18Permalink
    ...Two hours? That had better be "Two hours with an optimized guide and without getting the missable achievements" warning
  • punkyliarpunkyliar191,411
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 11:20, Edited on 14 December 16 at 11:29 by punkyliarPermalink
    zoidberg1339 said:
    ...Two hours? That had better be "Two hours with an optimized guide and without getting the missable achievements" warning
    It wasn't. It was two hours without a guide as they didn't exist at this point, nor did solutions. I was the first person on this site to get many of the achievements. Admittedly, the first playthrough did miss some missable achievements as I didn't know what exactly I had to do for them, including getting the correct solution to two of the puzzles on my first attempt. You can see my order of unlocks if you look at my profile, but bear in mind that one of the unmissables didn't unlock when it should have done thanks to Xbox Live issues. I had to force that to unlock through the game hub.

Just for the record, I never play review games with a guide. I play them as they are supposed to be played to give as accurate a review as possible. I also never play point and clicks with a guide, review or not, as that ruins the entire experience and I love the genre too much to do that to myself.
  • Posted on 14 December 16 at 11:29, Edited on 14 December 16 at 11:30 by IronFistofSnuffPermalink
    zoidberg1339 said:
    I can confirm as I completed the game tonight. My first playthrough where I got every missable achievement only took 2 hours, without a guide. Then the speedrun achievement took around 50 minutes.
  • QuickdontdieQuickdontdie460,941
    Posted on 14 December 16 at 22:22Permalink
    Hope I win it (as if). It doesn't justify the price imo.
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339401,794
    Posted on 15 December 16 at 00:07Permalink
    creptor5291 said:
    zoidberg1339 said:
    I can confirm as I completed the game tonight. My first playthrough where I got every missable achievement only took 2 hours, without a guide. Then the speedrun achievement took around 50 minutes.
    That's disappointing. I preordered so I saved 15% but I would've probably waited for a deeper discount if I had known...
  • Posted on 15 December 16 at 02:19Permalink
    zoidberg1339 said:
    creptor5291 said:
    zoidberg1339 said:
    That's disappointing. I preordered so I saved 15% but I would've probably waited for a deeper discount if I had known...
    Yea after playing it, I think the price of $9.99 would be a better pill to swallow. It is a fun game though, so at least that 2 hours will be enjoyable.
  • UnsungGhostUnsungGhost628,625
    Posted on 15 December 16 at 16:10Permalink
    With a guide you only need one playthrough as long as you don't miss a miscellaneous. Had to do another half playthrough because one of the achievement doesn't pop until the after the next autosave. So you have to guess if you did it correctly.
  • mwibornmwiborn131,026
    Posted on 17 December 16 at 14:00Permalink
    sooo short - feels like it was over before it began :-(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.