Game Discussion: Westerado: Double Barreled Forum

Westerado unobtainable achievements

AuthorMessage
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
1 walkthrough contribution40 solutions590 posts
Last post: 22 Feb at 11:25
Posted on 14 December 16 at 13:48, Edited on 19 December 16 at 12:29 by WhyattThrash
The unobtainables I've found so far are

Westerado: Double BarreledIndividualistThe Individualist achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 315 pointsKill your co-starring rivals.

Westerado: Double BarreledMad HatterThe Mad Hatter achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 145 pointsUnlock all hats at the Haberdasher.

Westerado: Double BarreledCollectorThe Collector achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 145 pointsUnlock all Weapons.

Westerado: Double BarreledMake him Work for it.The Make him Work for it. achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 167 pointsMake the Sheriff help you 3 times.

Reported by Calex dEUS (and confirmed glitched)
Westerado: Double BarreledSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 122 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

This ending seems unachievable (the unlock criteria should be Luke Skywalker + kill NPCs until bandits flee, but the ending doesn't trigger)
Westerado: Double BarreledSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 158 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

And if that one is unobtainable, then so is
Westerado: Double BarreledSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 483 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Glitched but somehow obtainable (seemingly at random)
Westerado: Double BarreledBoth feet on the GasThe Both feet on the Gas achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 97 pointsTalk to Oilrig Manager at every drilling location.

Glitched but somehow obtainable (still not by me after six attempts though)
Westerado: Double BarreledTycoonvilleThe Tycoonville achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 94 pointsComplete the Oil Tycoon's quest line.
TangerineGamer
TrueAchievements ModeratorAchievement Completion Percentage: 98.71% (Includes owned DLC) - 40 more achievements required to reach 99%2,464 posts
Last post: 23 Mar at 17:03
Posted on 14 December 16 at 15:29
That's a shame, hope they get them fixed, looks like a fun game that I wanted to pick up at somepoint
Yours sincerely, TG
Evi1 Over1ord
Evi1 Over1ord
108,317 TrueAchievement Points113 posts
Last post: 24 Mar at 10:50
Posted on 15 December 16 at 12:21
i posted over on there facebook about it having unobtainable achievements.

WhyattThrash did you say you had their email? would you post it on here, id like to email them, they might take more notice if a load of us do it
Calex dEUS
Calex dEUS
679,115 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 88.69% (Includes owned DLC) - 60 more achievements required to reach 89%786 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 22:14
Posted on 15 December 16 at 20:30
I post on facebook aswell and emailed

the Dr.Johnston & Mr. Bob one is borked aswell, as anyone tried for Tyler Durden yet?
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 17 December 16 at 04:57, Edited on 17 December 16 at 06:32 by WhyattThrash
People seem to have unlocked
Westerado: Double BarreledBoth feet on the GasThe Both feet on the Gas achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 97 pointsTalk to Oilrig Manager at every drilling location.
Westerado: Double BarreledTycoonvilleThe Tycoonville achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 94 pointsComplete the Oil Tycoon's quest line.
so they're probably not unobtainable, but at a minimum they're glitched since I completed both of them (while playing as the Indian) and none of them unlocked

EDIT: I completed them again playing as the hero. "Both feet..." unlocked but "Tycoonville" didn't. So they seem to unlock or not at random?

EDIT 2: When killing the Oil Tycoon after completing the quests, it says that the quest "map delivery" failed. So somehow the quest doesn't get resolved correctly, maybe that's the issue?

EDIT 3: Succefully completing "map delivery" doesn't seem to have any effect. I've completed the quests now 4 times in 4 different ways and it doesn't seem to matter. I cannot for the life of me find the "correct" unlock criteria.
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 17 December 16 at 10:21, Edited on 17 December 16 at 11:48 by WhyattThrash
I haven't gotten the Tyler Durden ending yet, but I do have a save with the Luke Skywalker ending now (even though I've performed plenty evil deeds).

A word of warning when going for the different endings though: DO NOT USE THE DOUBLE PISTOL in the last fight! It can double tap the murderer, instakilling him and locking you out of any end-game conversation and thus the special ending.

EDIT: I can't seem to trigger the Tyler Durden ending, even though I've killed so many that bandits flee when they see me. I tried doing it on a fresh savefile as well, but I just get Luke Skywalker every time. My guess is either the unlock criteria are wrong or the ending is glitched.
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 17 December 16 at 12:06
...and if someone knows how to unlock
please feel free to share
Calex dEUS
Calex dEUS
679,115 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 88.69% (Includes owned DLC) - 60 more achievements required to reach 89%786 posts
Posted on 17 December 16 at 19:11
WhyattThrash said:
What are you having trouble with ? It's just for completing the oil tycoon questline, maybe the one to get the ranchers to leave? You could kill them but I just started the train quest and got them to go help clear the tunnel and reported back to the Oil Tycoon.

For the Indians just kill them.
Calex dEUS
Calex dEUS
Posted on 17 December 16 at 21:32
Tyler Durden didn't unlock for me either , just got luke skywalker again
Westerado: Double BarreledSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Westerado: Double Barreled worth 158 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

I'd turned outlaw then set about looking for clues avoiding Bob, Miss Tress, Oil Tycoon, Indians and Union.

I might reload my save and head back in and murder everyone and rob the bank, bank was suggested on the steam forums but many said they got it while only having outlaw.
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 18 December 16 at 00:08, Edited on 18 December 16 at 00:09 by WhyattThrash
Calex dEUS said:
WhyattThrash said:
What are you having trouble with ? It's just for completing the oil tycoon questline, maybe the one to get the ranchers to leave? You could kill them but I just started the train quest and got them to go help clear the tunnel and reported back to the Oil Tycoon.

I've completed the oil tycoon quests four times in four different ways, I'm guessing it should unlock after reporting that the indian camp is cleared (as you get no further missions at that point) but it doesn't.

I've tried robbing the map off the coach, doing the banker's mission to get the map, killing the ranchers, not killing the ranchers etc etc. Nothing works. If you could remember exactly how you solved each quest maybe I could try that exact approach?
Calex dEUS
Calex dEUS
Posted on 18 December 16 at 00:19
WhyattThrash said:
Calex dEUS said:
WhyattThrash said:

I've completed the oil tycoon quests four times in four different ways, I'm guessing it should unlock after reporting that the indian camp is cleared (as you get no further missions at that point) but it doesn't.

I've tried robbing the map off the coach, doing the banker's mission to get the map, killing the ranchers, not killing the ranchers etc etc. Nothing works. If you could remember exactly how you solved each quest maybe I could try that exact approach?
I followed the this guide, and got it first try on a new clean save https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=43054...
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 18 December 16 at 00:25, Edited on 18 December 16 at 00:29 by WhyattThrash
All my four attempts were on a clean save. That guide contains several options for each quest. I know the different options, my guess is that an exact option for each quest is needed for the unlock.

EDIT: Apparently I'm not alone https://steamcommunity.com/app/275200/discussions/0/21769103...
Calex dEUS
Calex dEUS
Posted on 18 December 16 at 11:39
WhyattThrash said:
All my four attempts were on a clean save. That guide contains several options for each quest. I know the different options, my guess is that an exact option for each quest is needed for the unlock.

EDIT: Apparently I'm not alone https://steamcommunity.com/app/275200/discussions/0/21769103...
The only thing I can recall I specifically did was to shoot cobb as he wouldn't help with the tracks, the other 3 left to go there when asked, then I went right back to the Tycoon.
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 18 December 16 at 12:29, Edited on 18 December 16 at 12:29 by WhyattThrash
I've done another two attempts now after completely clearing the game data (on xbox level, not inside the game) and nothing. I think with that I'm done with this game until the devs show any interest in fixing it.
J2B9
J2B9
351,730 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 85.97% (Includes owned DLC) - 3 more achievements required to reach 86%58 posts
Last post: 14 Mar at 04:52
Posted on 30 December 16 at 09:39
Damn I bought this game since it looked cool and it had a launch discount. My mistake I guess, no word from the devs at all?
ValorousWookiee
277,913 TrueAchievement Points27 friends119 posts
Last post: 15 Jan at 03:54
Posted on 03 January 17 at 21:14
The Developers of this game (Ostrich Banditos) did respond as shown by this https://twitter.com/wookiewarrior04/status/81126089949118873... Like they said they was not involved with the xbox one port. So we should be trying to contact Adult swim games.
ValorousWookiee
277,913 TrueAchievement Points27 friends119 posts
Last post: 15 Jan at 03:54
Posted on 03 January 17 at 21:17
We can contact Adult swim games with there support email, it goes as follows;
adultswimdotcom@gmail.com

To prove that it is there email you can follow this link to there twitter reply;
https://twitter.com/adultswimgames/status/816309746139623424
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 03 January 17 at 22:33
I emailed Adult Swim about the issues now, let's see what happens.
J2B9
J2B9
351,730 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 85.97% (Includes owned DLC) - 3 more achievements required to reach 86%58 posts
Last post: 14 Mar at 04:52
Posted on 04 January 17 at 21:59
Sweet I'll contact them as well even tho I haven't started this yet I'll list the 7 unobtainables.
Evi1 Over1ord
Evi1 Over1ord
108,317 TrueAchievement Points113 posts
Last post: 24 Mar at 10:50
Posted on 17 January 17 at 09:56
i emailed them too, the more people that do the better, dont see why i should pay for a game thats got glitched achievements
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.