Information Posted on 16 December 16 at 09:34
Please use this thread to discuss the Dead Rising 2 walkthrough
Information Posted on 23 January 17 at 20:21
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Dead Rising 2 Walkthrough
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 17 July 17 at 13:21, Edited on 17 July 17 at 16:56 by napoearth
It should be made very clear in the portion about Terror Is Reality about how you need to have an actual save file already started in order to cash out. I lost about 1M dollars because of this.

Also the pattern for the middle two events in TIR is no longer applicable in the XBOX One version.
MakeMeACoffee
MakeMeACoffee
Posted on 16 December 17 at 19:22, Edited on 04 January 18 at 10:50 by MakeMeACoffee
It DOESNT mention xbox one specific stuff (ninja outfit, sports outfit) that would help
It DOES mention xbox 360 specific stuff (case zero) that is impossible in this version

It tells you to do something at the beginning (go after the BFG) which isn't possible until about midway through the game (around act 3)

It mentions carrying weapons around for DT:FTW for ages when that is entirely pointless (for example pitchfork when there is one just below the gun shop in a planter)

In general, the timing/scheduling is done in a very awkward way in a few parts which I felt meant I had to deviate from the walkthrough quite a bit, although its harder to pin down specific examples from memory.
RIP Trueachievement App http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=491015
Erancal
Erancal
Posted on 16 May 18 at 01:07
The timing suggested for doing things in this walkthrough is not possible. It's simply not possible to get all things done in the timing suggested. I had to improvise by cutting out the S-laughter parts to a separate playthrough. I'm still not finished so I don't know if that will work.
Shh I am Batman
Posted on 16 May 18 at 16:12
This WT is on our list of guides that needs someone to come along and improve it.
"It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
Erancal
Erancal
Posted on 16 May 18 at 18:45
Antoine is NOT the 5th psychopath you kill if following this walkthrough. This walkthrough has you kill Ted, Leon, Brandon, Antoine, Slappy, Randy in that order. I thought that Slappy was a psychopath (and if so, he would be the 5th), but now I am not sure. He comes after Antoine but the achievement didn't pop for me until I defeated Randy, the one after Slappy. I'm not sure what is going on there, but that was my experience.
Erancal
Erancal
Posted on 16 May 18 at 18:46
Shh I am Batman said:
This WT is on our list of guides that needs someone to come along and improve it.
There is a lot of really good stuff in it but parts of it here and there are off.
Erancal
Erancal
Posted on 21 May 18 at 16:57
Made it through my first playthrough. I didn't get everything due to timing issues but I should be able to clean those up in another playthrough.

Here's something I didn't discover until very late in the playthrough: Wearing the sports outfit from your locker in the bunker will let you run faster. I had trouble constantly making Quickstep drinks as recommended in the walkthrough, especially early in the game when I only had a few inventory slots. So, I quit making them and I believe that this hurt my progress with the timing in the walkthrough. Early in the game I discovered that wearing the stealth shoes helped you run through crowds but it took me much longer to realize that the sports clothing sped up you running. If I had played the entire firts run through with the sports clothing, I might not have run out of time to get certain survivors and side missions.

Finally, to those who come after, beware: This port for Xbox One (what I played) is glitchy. It froze and shut down at least five times on me at random points, making me have to start at my last save point and redo many things.

I'm starting my second playthrough soon, still following this walkthrough as it's mostly a good walkthrough--it just has some parts that are not correct or missing info.
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 21 May 18 at 20:29
Yeah this version is on our to fix list, as there is some version specific info missing and just a bit more info could be used.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.