Game Discussion: Bully: Scholarship Edition (JP)

Backwards compatibility

• Posted on 16 December 16 at 22:10
    so since this recently got released as a BC title i was wondering if anyone has the japanese version that can play it on the Xbox one. It worked for Just Cause 2 but i figured i would ask here if anyone had it and can test it out.
    She said PUD and then DING!!!
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,170,287
    Posted on 17 December 16 at 15:53
    It should. The number of regionals that don't work on BC can be counted on one hand
    #mentallypudding
  • Posted on 18 December 16 at 09:05
    Pretty sure it should but it never hurts to ask, just wanted to see if anyone actually has it before I look for a copy
    She said PUD and then DING!!!
  • AP 8T8AP 8T82,326,139
    Posted on 22 December 16 at 11:52
    Yes it does, just installed it on my console.
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m31,744,910
    Posted on 09 January 17 at 10:24
    AP 8T8 said:
    Yes it does, just installed it on my console.
    Great!
  • matdanmatdan797,045
    Posted on 18 January 17 at 01:43
    Works fine, can confirm.
    Posted on 18 January 17 at 11:06
    matdan said:
    Works fine, can confirm.
    Do you need a japanese account to purchase it? Or can I change my region and pay with paypal?
  • matdanmatdan797,045
    Posted on 18 January 17 at 12:59
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    matdan said:
    Works fine, can confirm.
    Do you need a japanese account to purchase it? Or can I change my region and pay with paypal?
    I am using a disc, so can't say. I believe buying games from the Japanese marketplace requires a Japanese credit card.
    Posted on 18 January 17 at 13:31
    matdan said:
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    matdan said:
    Works fine, can confirm.
    I am using a disc, so can't say. I believe buying games from the Japanese marketplace requires a Japanese credit card.
    all right, thanks! Will see if I can get my hand on a cheap copy then.
  • Lucky32468Lucky32468727,455
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 03:52
    I have been playing on disc. It seems some of the achievements can be glitchy. I have completed 6 and 9 classes but my 3 classes did not unlock.
  • Agent J67Agent J67409,442
    Posted on 30 September 17 at 12:55
    Lucky32468, still unobtainable achievement ?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 September 17 at 17:10
    There are no unobtainable achievements in this game
  • Posted on 30 September 17 at 17:36
    Sometimes the game has issues with stat tracking. I redid a class or two and it unlocked.
  • Agent J67Agent J67409,442
    Posted on 02 October 17 at 11:28
    Ok, thanks Proscaline and Living Legends
  • PlasterCrampPlasterCramp315,356
    Posted on 02 December 17 at 12:23
    Is the games dialog in Japanese or is it subtitled?
  • matdanmatdan797,045
    Posted on 02 December 17 at 14:06
    Mecca Beeftron said:
    Is the games dialog in Japanese or is it subtitled?
    Been a little while but the subtitles were in Japanese as was almost all text, dialog was in English though.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • RadamacRadamac648,379
    Posted on 07 May 20 at 12:10
    Hey I’m in canada and would like to play this version in Xbox one, does anyone here have the disc that would be willing to sell it if done with the game? Message me on live
  • Posted on 01 January 21 at 03:47, Edited on 01 January 21 at 05:24 by Wankasaurousrex
    Does this game work for anyone else on the Series X? I get the same error code as Chinese MCC when I try and play it. The normal version of the game works without issue.

"Sorry, this game or app isn't compatible. Choose something else, or try on Xbox One (0x87e10007)"

I thought it might be a problem with Asian games so I tried Oblivion (JP) and Enchanted Arms (JP) and they both work on the Series X. I also tried some of the Japanese Xbox Store Kunio-Kun exclusives and they work.

I'm using the Disc version if that matters. Oblivion (JP) and Enchanted Arms (JP) were also both the disc version. The Kunio-Kun games were all digital.
  • BlackRain228BlackRain228749,678
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 07:52
    Wankasaurousrex said:
    Does this game work for anyone else on the Series X? I get the same error code as Chinese MCC when I try and play it. The normal version of the game works without issue.

"Sorry, this game or app isn't compatible. Choose something else, or try on Xbox One (0x87e10007)"

I thought it might be a problem with Asian games so I tried Oblivion (JP) and Enchanted Arms (JP) and they both work on the Series X. I also tried some of the Japanese Xbox Store Kunio-Kun exclusives and they work.

I'm using the Disc version if that matters. Oblivion (JP) and Enchanted Arms (JP) were also both the disc version. The Kunio-Kun games were all digital.
    Yeah I am currently playing this on a series x with the JP disc.
  • Posted on 01 January 21 at 08:49
    BlackRain228 said:
    Yeah I am currently playing this on a series x with the JP disc.
    Awesome thanks so much for replying. I decided to give it another go and deleted the game and reinstalled it. This time it worked no problem. Idk what the problem was before but if you have the same issue try reinstall it. Only thing I did different was leave the disc in the whole time it was installing.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.