Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Previews the Countdown Sale

AuthorMessage
Exiss
Exiss
Posted on 20 December 16 at 10:20
Hmm watch dogs...
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 20 December 16 at 10:47
CpNx MaYxDaYx said:
I hope GTA V is on sale.
again?! it goes on sale every other week orso.. and in every major 'sales' event...
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
zilongwangying
Posted on 20 December 16 at 10:59
The "get Gold for $1" promotion has also returned,good。
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 20 December 16 at 11:13
o DEEVIUS o said:
FightingMegaFoo said:
I'm reeeeally hoping that Rebel Galaxy, Rebel Galaxy, and Rebel Galaxy finally go on sale. Oh, and last but not least, it would also be nice for Rebel Galaxy to go on sale too.
I hope you know that game sucks seriously mega super giant panda gorilla balls kid!
Do you regularly spend 100+ hours on games you hate? laugh
robthehermit
robthehermit
Posted on 20 December 16 at 11:48, Edited on 20 December 16 at 12:21 by robthehermit
The list under the video is missing:

Doom

CoD Black Ops 3
Bioshock Infinite
Left 4 Dead 2

Oops. Corrected to list a game that currently exists, cheers Bridge188 :)
Mobius Evalon
Mobius Evalon
Posted on 20 December 16 at 11:52
FightingMegaFoo said:
o DEEVIUS o said:
FightingMegaFoo said:
I'm reeeeally hoping that Rebel Galaxy, Rebel Galaxy, and Rebel Galaxy finally go on sale. Oh, and last but not least, it would also be nice for Rebel Galaxy to go on sale too.
I hope you know that game sucks seriously mega super giant panda gorilla balls kid!
That's a non-argument on a site full of people who have autistic levels of dedication to improving a variety of account statistics.

I spent 600 hours on Inversion to complete the game, and it is the biggest piece of shit I have ever had the misfortune of playing.
My opinions are often unpopular and acerbic.
Bridge188
Bridge188
Posted on 20 December 16 at 12:03
robthehermit said:

Doom

CoD Black Ops 3
Bioshock Infinite
Left 4 Dead 3
Left 4 Dead... 3? shock
robthehermit
robthehermit
Posted on 20 December 16 at 12:26
Bridge188 said:
robthehermit said:

Doom

CoD Black Ops 3
Bioshock Infinite
Left 4 Dead 3
Left 4 Dead... 3? shock
Cheers, fixed it now.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 20 December 16 at 12:35
Mobius Evalon said:
FightingMegaFoo said:
o DEEVIUS o said:
FightingMegaFoo said:
That's a non-argument on a site full of people who have autistic levels of dedication to improving a variety of account statistics.

I spent 600 hours on Inversion to complete the game, and it is the biggest piece of shit I have ever had the misfortune of playing.
^LOL, exactly this. I'm working on 1st in the world in Aerial combat, so no matter how shit any of them are, they will be destroyed. Only Heroes, Ace Combat AH, Starpoint and E:D remain.

I've played every Aerial Combat available (save Minisquadron, a WP game that got delisted before I had the chance), and Rebel Galaxy is one of the worst ever. Even Project Sylpheed, which was a seriously boring grind, didn't compare to how pointless Rebel Galaxy is.

If you want a good space game I'd suggest Starpoint Gemini 2, Iron Sky, or, if you have 5,000 hours and the patience of a saint; Elite Dangerous is the most sophisticated and enjoyable space sim available atm.

I'll definitely be buying 'Everspace' however if the sale is at least 20%, it looks quite good. Looking forward mainly to Air Missions: HIND though.
We Get The Achievements We Deserve
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 20 December 16 at 12:50
^ You say you don't have much time to play yet are willing to spend hundreds of hours of games you hate?
No longer waiting for sigs to stop deleting.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 20 December 16 at 14:04
o DEEVIUS o said:
Mobius Evalon said:
FightingMegaFoo said:
o DEEVIUS o said:
FightingMegaFoo said:

^LOL, exactly this. I'm working on 1st in the world in Aerial combat, so no matter how shit any of them are, they will be destroyed. Only Heroes, Ace Combat AH, Starpoint and E:D remain.

I've played every Aerial Combat available (save Minisquadron, a WP game that got delisted before I had the chance), and Rebel Galaxy is one of the worst ever. Even Project Sylpheed, which was a seriously boring grind, didn't compare to how pointless Rebel Galaxy is.

If you want a good space game I'd suggest Starpoint Gemini 2, Iron Sky, or, if you have 5,000 hours and the patience of a saint; Elite Dangerous is the most sophisticated and enjoyable space sim available atm.

I'll definitely be buying 'Everspace' however if the sale is at least 20%, it looks quite good. Looking forward mainly to Air Missions: HIND though.
I'm already playing ED and loving every minute of it. You seem to be in the minority for Rebel Galaxy, though. Steam and Metacritic (both Pro and User reviews) love this game.
IronFistofSnuff
Posted on 20 December 16 at 14:05
rocking23nf said:
creptor5291 said:
Titanfall 2 is my #1 priority, after that I'm looking to pick up Minecraft Story Mode, The Walking Dead Season 2, Manual Samuel. I'm also considering Doom and Forza Horizon 3, but I doubt I'll have the money for all of that.
i would just rent Titanfall 2, its basically all single player achievements which with the exception of the hard run and the gauntlet run are quite easy. the story is beaten in probably 6-7 hours. i paid 29USD for mine and i feel ripped off personally, i have actually logged more hours in the last 2 weeks for Titanfall 1 then Titanfall 2.
I don't have anywhere near to rent and don't want to sign up to be a member for a one time rental. Plus, they'll likely add achievements in the future with updates, so at least I'd have it, when it does. I know what you mean though. I know I'm definitely taking a risk on this, with the little money I have to spend this year, for only 10-15 hours for a completion, it may not be worth $30. But it is the only major AAA game this year that actually interests me aside from Doom and Forza Horizon 3, and I only really want FH3 for Blizzard Mountain which I don't have another $25 for.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 20 December 16 at 14:13
LuckyConquerer2 said:
^ You say you don't have much time to play yet are willing to spend hundreds of hours of games you hate?
I know it's paradoxical, but I've been working on 1st in the world for Aerial Combat since 2010, so the very limited time I have to game is mainly focused on the final remaining games to get there. I get about 1 hour a night if I'm lucky, a session on a weekend and that's it these days. I got two weeks off for Xmas though, gonna finish Starpoint and maybe play a game I actually want to play; Hitman.

FightingMegaFoo said:
o DEEVIUS o said:
Mobius Evalon said:
FightingMegaFoo said:
o DEEVIUS o said:
FightingMegaFoo said:

I'm already playing ED and loving every minute of it. You seem to be in the minority for Rebel Galaxy, though. Steam and Metacritic (both Pro and User reviews) love this game.
Yeah and some of the shittest games I've ever played have four stars on TA, and some of the best have two stars, go figure laugh
We Get The Achievements We Deserve
OldSchoolBlood
Posted on 20 December 16 at 14:56
"Duke Nukem Forever" The Doctor who cloned me DLC please! Have a hard time paying $10 for DLC when the full retail game costs less than half that.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 20 December 16 at 15:15
o DEEVIUS o said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
I know it's paradoxical, but I've been working on 1st in the world for Aerial Combat since 2010, so the very limited time I have to game is mainly focused on the final remaining games to get there. I get about 1 hour a night if I'm lucky, a session on a weekend and that's it these days. I got two weeks off for Xmas though, gonna finish Starpoint and maybe play a game I actually want to play; Hitman.

FightingMegaFoo said:
o DEEVIUS o said:
Mobius Evalon said:
FightingMegaFoo said:
o DEEVIUS o said:
FightingMegaFoo said:

Yeah and some of the shittest games I've ever played have four stars on TA, and some of the best have two stars, go figure laugh
Well, same here. We like what we like. I've actually tried Starpoint Gemini 2 and can't get into it.
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 20 December 16 at 15:36
I just ordered Watch_Dogs 2 from Target yesterday for $29.99. At least I get a retail copy. Suck it, digital sales.
'Member?
LiquiDelta
LiquiDelta
Posted on 20 December 16 at 16:42
Hope the sales improve. Seems like the deals were better in the previous years, Bully for example was regularly discounted to 2,99 the previous years and until this spring. Afterwards it has been on sale for between 5,99 and 8. I remember a few years ago, where I bought a shitload of games in the holidays, dlc as well.
anthony2690
anthony2690
Posted on 20 December 16 at 17:21
rocking23nf said:
creptor5291 said:
Titanfall 2 is my #1 priority, after that I'm looking to pick up Minecraft Story Mode, The Walking Dead Season 2, Manual Samuel. I'm also considering Doom and Forza Horizon 3, but I doubt I'll have the money for all of that.
i would just rent Titanfall 2, its basically all single player achievements which with the exception of the hard run and the gauntlet run are quite easy. the story is beaten in probably 6-7 hours. i paid 29USD for mine and i feel ripped off personally, i have actually logged more hours in the last 2 weeks for Titanfall 1 then Titanfall 2.
I hate people like you, probably the reason why good new games/ips are dying, complaining about a fantastic game that you only paid half price for.

God knows, how you would of coped back when games could be beaten in half hour to an hour or so (rpgs not included) these games cost a lot more too!

The entitlement is unreal, we are so lucky with some advanced games are now
BonMatin265
Posted on 20 December 16 at 17:29, Edited on 20 December 16 at 17:31 by BonMatin265
Maybe we can hope that CoD BO II and Skyrim will become backward compatible smile
Fuchsdh
Fuchsdh
Posted on 20 December 16 at 17:41
Like others, I'm hoping for indie sales. Really enjoyed Oxenfree, and I wouldn't have gotten it if it hadn't been discounted to $10 in the last sale.

With Halo Wars 2 coming and Games with Gold, the amount I'm willing to spend on AAA games has drastically decreased. These days a single good multiplayer game is enough to sate me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.