The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 20th, 2016

AuthorMessage
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 20 December 16 at 22:53
Metro Redux is highly recommended. Two games, great single player FPS campaigns at that, is a steal at that price.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 20 December 16 at 23:23
i would pick up remember me if it was backwards
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 21 December 16 at 00:02, Edited on 21 December 16 at 00:22 by HolyHalfDead
ChewieOnIce said:
Jaxxiczek said:
If I buy the Taken King expansion in this week's sales, does it contain the base game or is it just the DLC? Can anyone confirm?
This one does not contain the base game. In fact the base game is now only available digitally as part of a full collection including all the DLC (including Rise of Iron) so it's probably not worth getting the Taken King on its own.
To add to what Chewie said, Taken King also includes the Expansion Pass, so that is $75 worth of content for $12 (although I already own $35 worth of it).

What I need to figure out, is if I buy the Taken King can I play the Taken King without owning Rise of Iron. Sadly Rise of Iron is an in-game only purchase ($30), so if there is a sale on it we wouldn't know about it.

Destiny was $39 in the Black Friday sale, so if you take off the $12 for Taken King, that made Rise of Iron $27 (saving $3, or 10% off). I think I shall just wait for a better sale on Destiny to pick up both add-ons at the same time.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 21 December 16 at 00:47
The Noto said:
I bought the Never Alone bundle, Fragments of Him and the Escapists DLC.

They look like pretty easy completions, and since I got The Escapists for free through GWG, I feel no problem giving back a little bit.

I wish they would fix Darksiders II so bad. I'd buy the One version in a heartbeat.
I think they did! I read somewhere it was fixed for unobtainebles. Worth to research it at least.

thisisgman said:
anyone got any tips for The Escapists and is the taken king any good
Jaxxiczek said:
If I buy the Taken King expansion in this week's sales, does it contain the base game or is it just the DLC? Can anyone confirm?
Quite sure it does not contain the main game - game page at xbox.com should say so.

Dragonborn Gear said:
Noodles Jr said:
Never Alone is a steal at that price. Easy completion and it's actually really, really good.
It's funny how different people have different opinions. Never Alone was one of the worst games I have ever endured. I was also not a big fan of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I am generally pretty easy-going and enjoy most games I play. Those were probably among the worst I have played with Never Alone topping the chart. I could probably count the games I have played that I disliked on my two hands.
Pretty sure the difference on what you look at in t hose two games. Both were kinda annoying in controls (though Brothers did run smoothly, but why the fuck didn't they include a co-op mode?) - while both had a marvelous story to tell, Never Alone even had some lovely documentary in it.
Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 21 December 16 at 00:53, Edited on 21 December 16 at 00:53 by Mr Fiddler
Twinkling82 said:
The Noto said:
I bought the Never Alone bundle, Fragments of Him and the Escapists DLC.

They look like pretty easy completions, and since I got The Escapists for free through GWG, I feel no problem giving back a little bit.

I wish they would fix Darksiders II so bad. I'd buy the One version in a heartbeat.
I think they did! I read somewhere it was fixed for unobtainebles. Worth to research it at least.

Nope. They fixed the more recent re-master:

Darksiders Warmastered Edition Achievements

But the Darksiders II re-master still has an unobtainable:
Darksiders II Deathinitive EditionBFAThe BFA achievement in Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition worth 10 pointsUnlock Everything

Shame because I might have considered it in the sale if it wasn't for things like this. Pretty bad that both re-masters shipped with broken achievements! warning
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 21 December 16 at 00:54
Well, Isn't the One version the remaster?
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 21 December 16 at 00:59
Twinkling82 said:
Well, Isn't the One version the remaster?
Warmastered Edition (DS1) and Deathinitive Edition (DS2) are both Xbox One re-masters of the Xbox 360 originals. Both of the Xbox One versions had unobtainables at launch. Deathinitive still does.
Large Coffee
Large Coffee
Posted on 21 December 16 at 01:19
NO1KEV said:
Any opinions on superhot? No way I was even thinking of paying £20 for it
Buy it NAOOOOO
http://i.imgur.com/hhiPvya.gif
ButtersStayUgly
Posted on 21 December 16 at 01:25
Nothing for me (thankfully my wallet cries) but if you have not had the pleasure of playing the Metro games you absolutely have to jump on that deal.
One does not simply tK some of the day. tK all day.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 21 December 16 at 01:31
I am contemplating SuperHOT but I think I'll wait and hope for 8£ or GwG.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 21 December 16 at 02:29
Nothing for me. Have all those capcom games in DVD. n_n
So we wait for the massive sale they said it's coming!
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 21 December 16 at 02:52
Is Slain the better updated version? Or the terrible original?
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 21 December 16 at 06:27
I'll grab slain and fragments of him .. we need more arcade 360 sales or dlc please !
ghostlymostly
ghostlymostly
Posted on 21 December 16 at 07:37
resident evil 4!
GJChester
GJChester
Posted on 21 December 16 at 09:20
Considered Remember me, but once again its cheaper to buy from the used second hand market (where I can sell the game disk on after completion) than these sales.
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 21 December 16 at 11:26
Why is Superhot so expansive ? I don't get it.
My Name Is Fuz
Posted on 21 December 16 at 13:02
I don't like football games but think I could get into blood bowl 2. Anyone have any input if the game is any good?
Tanelorn82
Tanelorn82
Posted on 21 December 16 at 14:43
BlackxRyan said:
Why is Superhot so expansive ? I don't get it.
I think it covers a wide area in terms of space or scope. smile
Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 21 December 16 at 17:12
Dragonborn Gear said:
Noodles Jr said:
Never Alone is a steal at that price. Easy completion and it's actually really, really good.
It's funny how different people have different opinions. Never Alone was one of the worst games I have ever endured. I was also not a big fan of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I am generally pretty easy-going and enjoy most games I play. Those were probably among the worst I have played with Never Alone topping the chart. I could probably count the games I have played that I disliked on my two hands.
OMG. Loved Never Alone! Everyone should play it!
visheyry
visheyry
Posted on 21 December 16 at 17:37
Picked up Escapists DLC Bundle this morning. Contemplating Fragments of Him and RE4.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.