The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 20th, 2016

AuthorMessage
Kalujo
Kalujo
Posted on 21 December 16 at 18:05
I bought the Metro Redux bundle for that price in the recent Black Friday sales. So far I've played Metro 2033 & I couldn't recommend them highly enough. Thoroughly enjoyable & fantastic value for money.

DKong27
DKong27
Posted on 21 December 16 at 18:10
Nordic Games doesn't have a very good reputation to me. Both Darksiders 2 and its Death-initive Edition (great name though) have a single unobtainable achievement. Not even the same one!

I also don't really like that they bought the IP and then just re-released both games on the new generation of hardware. But that might just be my own lack of interest in graphical remakes, I'm fine just playing the originals.
IfIsF1Backwards
Posted on 21 December 16 at 21:30
Also on sale is contrast down from £8 to £4 .. 50% off which ain't to bad .. easy enough 1000 but not sure why it ain't on here?
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 21 December 16 at 22:15
IfIsF1Backwards said:
Also on sale is contrast down from £8 to £4 .. 50% off which ain't to bad .. easy enough 1000 but not sure why it ain't on here?
Because the price just dropped today along with plenty of other titles which will be part of the aforementioned Countdown to 2017 sales that officially kick off tomorrow
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
witter56
witter56
Posted on 21 December 16 at 23:10
The deals are now live at: http://www.storeparser.com/en-NL/xbox-one/deals/
Not sure if that's all of them. But I just got Tales from the Borderlands Complete for just 6,60 EUR.
The season pass is still 15 EUR!
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 22 December 16 at 01:08, Edited on 22 December 16 at 01:10 by HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead said:
Destiny was $39 in the Black Friday sale, so if you take off the $12 for Taken King, that made Rise of Iron $27 (saving $3, or 10% off). I think I shall just wait for a better sale on Destiny to pick up both add-ons at the same time.
Destiny is now $26.12 CAD ($19.46 USD/£15.72 GBP), so if I take of the $12 that makes Rise of Iron $14. SOLD smile

This could well be a pricing mistake as it looks like they have applied the sale discount twice, so jump on it if you are interested.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
FoolontheHill24
Posted on 22 December 16 at 08:54, Edited on 22 December 16 at 08:55 by FoolontheHill24
DKong27 said:
Nordic Games doesn't have a very good reputation to me. Both Darksiders 2 and its Death-initive Edition (great name though) have a single unobtainable achievement. Not even the same one!

I also don't really like that they bought the IP and then just re-released both games on the new generation of hardware. But that might just be my own lack of interest in graphical remakes, I'm fine just playing the originals.
Yeah. They also published deadfall adventures which has an unobtainable. I really don't think they care that much about what they attach their name to.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 22 December 16 at 10:38
I'll be happy to send any reasonable critique to Nordic Games, PM me your explanations and I'll look into it, or make a thread and I'll share it with them, perhaps they'll join the conversation.
Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 23 December 16 at 22:04
HolyHalfDead said:
HolyHalfDead said:
Destiny was $39 in the Black Friday sale, so if you take off the $12 for Taken King, that made Rise of Iron $27 (saving $3, or 10% off). I think I shall just wait for a better sale on Destiny to pick up both add-ons at the same time.
Destiny is now $26.12 CAD ($19.46 USD/£15.72 GBP), so if I take of the $12 that makes Rise of Iron $14. SOLD smile

This could well be a pricing mistake as it looks like they have applied the sale discount twice, so jump on it if you are interested.
It was a mistake which has now been fixed. It is now $40.19 (33% off).
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
superniceguy
superniceguy
Posted on 26 December 16 at 15:24, Edited on 26 December 16 at 15:25 by superniceguy
The DWG sales have ended early. They usually last until Tuesday morning.

I was going to buy Darksiders deathinitive version but is now full price. Oh well, will have to wait until it is on sale agan for about the same or cheaper, certainly not buying it at full price with broke achievements.

If it was not for daily deals would have bought it sooner, was seeing if there may have been something else to buy instead.

Seems like a gltch as games are still advertised for sale, but have no discount, and no new games for DWG, although with countdown sales they may not bother.
Rothio
Rothio
Posted on 26 December 16 at 19:00
Yeah super nice guy I went to buy never alone this morning and it isn't the same price anymore
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 26 December 16 at 20:06
Yep. Found that too. Went to get RE6 and it's back up to $20.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 26 December 16 at 20:22
Although they have frequently overrun into the Tuesday, sale prices have been known to occasionally revert early on the Monday before so leaving them to the last day is risky business.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Minioger
Minioger
Posted on 26 December 16 at 20:22
Pssh. Superhot is still on sale, even though the rest aren't.

Ditto on the Darksiders 2. I meant to buy it yesterday, but just forgot. Ahh well.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 27 December 16 at 00:56
It looks like the sales are back. If yer getting anything out of this batch, best hurry.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.