Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TGN First Impression: Shantae Half-Genie Hero

AuthorMessage
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 23 December 16 at 04:22
But all heroine

Please click here to read the story: TGN First Impression: Shantae Half-Genie Hero
Vaughan14
Vaughan14
Posted on 23 December 16 at 04:34
Didn't really like it compared to pirates curse, they focused visuals too much instead of gameplay...
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 23 December 16 at 09:42
Yeah personally I felt it shouldn't have left being a Metroidvania. I love part 3 the most.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 23 December 16 at 10:44
Never experienced the series at all, seems like an alright platformer, but nothing exceptional.
Legohead 1977
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 23 December 16 at 10:53
If anyone cares you can currently grab part 2 and part 3 dirt cheap on PS4
Michel
Michel
Posted on 23 December 16 at 18:10
Legohead 1977 said:
Never experienced the series at all, seems like an alright platformer, but nothing exceptional.
Never experienced it, but it's nothing exceptional

contradict yourself much?
Elite1111111111
Posted on 24 December 16 at 06:50, Edited on 24 December 16 at 06:51 by Elite1111111111
Michel said:
Legohead 1977 said:
Never experienced it, but it's nothing exceptional

contradict yourself much?
Well yeah when you take out the one statement that bridges that gap it makes it contradictory...
Not supporting their claims or anything, I'm guessing they just mean the thoughts are based off this video.
zxgrey
zxgrey
Posted on 27 December 16 at 11:37
wonderful game of the year going to get this game in all platforms xbox one-PS4-Vita-Steam thats worth playing
ZX
HUstlinonradio
Posted on 27 December 16 at 18:48
Vaughan14 said:
Didn't really like it compared to pirates curse, they focused visuals too much instead of gameplay...
If it's more like Risky's Revenge and less like Pirate's Curse then it is a poorer game. The difference between RR and PC was so profound the moment I started PC
I'm Awkward With Potential: Boss Major
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 28 December 16 at 18:46
zxgrey said:
wonderful game of the year going to get this game in all platforms xbox one-PS4-Vita-Steam thats worth playing
It's on Wii U too. I don't mention the non achievement/trophy consoles

HUstlinonradio said:
Vaughan14 said:
If it's more like Risky's Revenge and less like Pirate's Curse then it is a poorer game. The difference between RR and PC was so profound the moment I started PC
Eh, it's like Riskys (and kinda the original) with the fact dancing for forms has returned and that heart holders are back and heart squids are out n' such.

The games level system is it's own really.

I'd have to say Pirates Curse is the best in the series.

In no way is 1/2 Genie hero and a bad game and we will be seeing DLC for the first time in the series. So maybe it might get even better.

But ditching full Metroidvania was a bad choice.
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 09 January 17 at 07:39
winkI just started the pirates curse and I absolutely love it. Precise controls great art and a few light RPG mechanics. Once i finish it i will buy half genie hero. If you love megaman, super mario world, castlevania and the likes play this game or pirates curse for that matter
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.