Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Final Fantasy XV Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 20 November 18 at 16:31
Maybe you should remove the spoilers from your comment; they’re not necessary in proving the point and providing them at all isn’t a good idea if you want people to see things for themselves.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 20 November 18 at 17:36
IronInfidel47 said:
Maybe you should remove the spoilers from your comment; they’re not necessary in proving the point and providing them at all isn’t a good idea if you want people to see things for themselves.
I just realized you didn't finish the main game! Well, I think you should not advice players to start Comrades hoping it would make no sense to them but hey, it's your WT, do as you wish.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 20 November 18 at 18:58
SweetArkhane said:
IronInfidel47 said:
I just realized you didn't finish the main game! Well, I think you should not advice players to start Comrades hoping it would make no sense to them but hey, it's your WT, do as you wish.
I haven't played Comrades but what has been mentioned are spoilers for the main game and that should be noted.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 20 November 18 at 19:17
The little note at the top of the page has been given more warning.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 20 November 18 at 21:15
Why not just say : "Beware! Story spoilers ahead, you've been warned!"
That's all^^
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 20 November 18 at 23:35
SweetArkhane said:
Why not just say : "Beware! Story spoilers ahead, you've been warned!"
That's all^^
Because I refused to use any names aside from those who show up in Lestallum that you have to talk to. No spoilers come from me directly, so it's important to say that the DLC itself has them in it; more spoilers come from your previous comment with spoiler warnings (again, I would like it if you deleted them) than from the walkthrough page. Like I said, from my perspective of not knowing anything, I had no idea what was going on and it was no big deal. Another bit has been added to mention that it'll likely spoil things if you're already into the game.

The warning has already been adjusted as best as the walkthrough overseer and I see fit. I think that the discussion should come to a close so we don't derail the thread from just being about the spoiler tag.
SoupaBuoy
SoupaBuoy
Posted on 21 November 18 at 08:32
Just to pop in here, we don't present TA walkthroughs as spoiler-free, unlike some guide books which go to great lengths to avoid spoiling content. If you pick up some of them, you can pretty much read the entire story. Iron is right in that if you play the DLC first, it contains elements that relate to the late-game main story, but this walkthrough for Comrades itself doesn't contain any such things.

If you picked up the WT and read through it, you wouldn't have any plot elements revealed. The tag at the top to warn that the events take place in the late-main-game should be enough warning.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 08 January 19 at 02:47
Back from winter break and my console's power cable has failed. I will aim to get a new one soon. My next semester is starting as well, which should be obvious given that my winter break is over, but things are always slower at the start so I should have time to get going.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 21 February 19 at 18:06
After getting a replacement power cable, I was distraught to learn that they released an update for FFXV, which I did not have space for on my console. I went and wrapped up a walkthrough I was writing for TSA so I could delete the game and install the update only to find that there was a second update after that one. Wrote two more walkthroughs and finally installed the update, but then the guys on TT started pushing me to finish something I was supposed to do for them a while ago.

That's almost finished up, but my spring break is March 2-10 (ish) so I won't be able to make any progress on that thing for that time. I will be properly starting this walkthrough after March 10th regardless, and I severely apologize for the wait. FFXV will be my highest priority from that day onward.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 21 February 19 at 19:19
Will you buy the Ardyn DLC and add it to the walkthrough as well?
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 21 February 19 at 20:06, Edited on 21 February 19 at 20:16 by IronInfidel47
SweetArkhane said:
Will you buy the Ardyn DLC and add it to the walkthrough as well?
Absolutely. I think I'll own it upon release, so I should be good to go on that front. I also intend on taking what I wrote about the Comrades DLC to write the walkthrough for the standalone FFXV Comrades as well.

EDIT: I will not own it on release, but I will buy it.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 21 February 19 at 21:25
Ardyn DLC is not included in the Royale Edition right?
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 22 February 19 at 04:11
SweetArkhane said:
Ardyn DLC is not included in the Royale Edition right?
I can't keep track of what edition means what, but I have been informed that the DLC is not included in any existing edition or season pass kind of deal, meaning everyone will have to pay for it.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 22 February 19 at 07:03
facepalm
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 14 March 19 at 02:20
Eagerly awaiting this one
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted yesterday at 06:59
Started Chapter 1 today. Going to aim to mark every side quest and datalog thing and whatnot, so I'm not done yet, but I'm surprised how much stuff there is in this chapter alone.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.