Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Final Fantasy XV Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 11 August 19 at 09:56
Episode Ignis and Chapter 12 are done. I'm going to do Episode Prompto after Chapter 13, just in case that's a better time to play it. Again, still not sure how much spare time I'll have soon or when I'll be done, but I've made a pretty fair jump this weekend. Here's what's left now:

Chapter 13 - Will be routing all of the datalog entries in text instead of maps because I'd otherwise be fattening the page up with too many maps and Chapter 13 is linear enough to follow things without messing up
Episode Prompto - Hopefully the races aren't as bad as I hear they are
Chapter 14 - Covering the Royal Pack version because let's be real, the Royal Edition is what people are buying a vast majority of the time nowadays
Chapter 15 - Post-game things like new datalogs, dungeons, quests, etc.
Royal Pack - Page for summing all of its contents up
Episode Ardyn - Possibly the easiest DLC to complete but obviously should be done after the story is over
Se7enn Sins
Se7enn Sins
Posted on 12 August 19 at 22:20
Are you able to put pictures of where the data locations are. You have a map and a small description of where it’s located. It may help. up to you though. Fantastic walkthrough so far btw

Oh and I’m having trouble with the perform a 10 chain link achievement. Not sure if I have to do it 10 times or just the get to 10 once
Emond24
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 12 August 19 at 22:33
Se7enn Sins said:
Oh and I’m having trouble with the perform a 10 chain link achievement. Not sure if I have to do it 10 times or just the get to 10 once
It should be ten-hit cross chain, which is warp striking to a vulnerable enemy when the game has an objective to at the top of the screen during a battle. Once that happens, you just have to press your attack button when the circles show up on screen to keep the chain going until it hits ten.

If it's ten ten-hit cross chains then that's not hard to do either as long as you can find durable enemies to withstand your attacks enough until they reach a vulnerable state.
SoupaBuoy
SoupaBuoy
Posted on 13 August 19 at 07:27
IronInfidel47 said:
Se7enn Sins said:
It should be ten-hit cross chain, which is warp striking to a vulnerable enemy when the game has an objective to at the top of the screen during a battle. Once that happens, you just have to press your attack button when the circles show up on screen to keep the chain going until it hits ten.

If it's ten ten-hit cross chains then that's not hard to do either as long as you can find durable enemies to withstand your attacks enough until they reach a vulnerable state.
As I got this last night, it's definitely ten, ten-hit cross-chains. I found that the Magitek Assassins were a good source of these (Gladio tended to knock them over before I got involved) but I'm in the end game content now. If you're looking for earlier, the Garula's and Sahagin are also good places to get them. While you're going for this, you could also equip some weaker weapons to ensure you don't kill enemies too quickly.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 15 August 19 at 10:23
(This post contains no spoilers that matter)

Finished the base game and Episode Prompto and wrote out the Pitioss Ruins in Chapter 15 (post-game stuff). My god that sucked, but I'm glad it's out of the way.

I'm using Chapter 15 primarily as a way to prepare people for fighting Omega by leading them through the rest of the post-game content. I'm not sure how hard the Randolph or Menace quests are, but that's what I'll be doing now. Here's a more approximate order of things I need to do, now that there's less of it out here:

Finish remaining hunting quests because I feel like it
Randolph quests (3 left)
Menace quests (8 left)
Map for Chapter 15 (Past)
Map for Chapter 15 (Present)
Omega
Royal Pack page
Episode Ardyn
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.