The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Countdown to 2017 Daily Deals: Day Four - December 25th

AuthorMessage
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 24 December 16 at 21:46
For the third year running Christmas Day gets NBA related discounts

Please click here to read the story: XBL Countdown to 2017 Daily Deals: Day Four - December 25th
PhonySpoon
PhonySpoon
Posted on 24 December 16 at 21:51
holy hell. awful.
SiberianExpress
Posted on 24 December 16 at 21:52
It's because Christmas Day is one of the biggest days of the year for the NBA.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 24 December 16 at 21:53
They have an NBA game on sale every Christmas because Christmas is a special day for the NBA season (like Boxing Day is in the Premier League).

It also doesn't hurt as a popular sports title right when a lot of non-regular gamers are plugging in their Christmas consoles for the first time and they see their favorite sport available to be picked up on sale in the marketplace.
sirbradenwalker
Posted on 24 December 16 at 22:04
facepalm
morphable freak
Posted on 24 December 16 at 22:06
i never complain about any sales or gwg. but this is PATHETIC. REALLY NBA? O I GUESS WE ALL WATCH THE NBA THEN SINCE 2 OR 3 GAMES ARE ON CHRISTMAS.
budah
IronFistofSnuff
Posted on 24 December 16 at 22:09
The worst day so far? At least every other day actually had a game! This is just microtransactions... that are also on sale constantly anyway.
Whitey Fisk III
Posted on 24 December 16 at 22:31
This was supposed to be Microsofts biggest sale ever. Guess they meant quantity, not quality.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 24 December 16 at 22:33, Edited on 24 December 16 at 22:34 by KenH2k4
Hahahahahahaha I try to not complain about sales, but could they at least put a game on sale? I'm sure everyone that buys coins for this game will be thrilled, but this may be the worst special ever. At least last year they had Stick of Truth too.

I get tricked every year thinking that this day will be the best sale, only to be quickly reminded that I'm way wrong.
TheOneTrueGlenn
Posted on 24 December 16 at 22:36
Merry Christmas. Love Microsoft. laugh
Tell Em' Steve-Dave
CalculatdRisque
Posted on 24 December 16 at 22:38
xPut Name Herex said:
They have an NBA game on sale every Christmas because Christmas is a special day for the NBA season (like Boxing Day is in the Premier League).

It also doesn't hurt as a popular sports title right when a lot of non-regular gamers are plugging in their Christmas consoles for the first time and they see their favorite sport available to be picked up on sale in the marketplace.
Accurate. Also why put on a lot of sales when most people are actually with family like normal people.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 24 December 16 at 22:39
facepalmfacepalm
acedawg4
acedawg4
Posted on 24 December 16 at 22:41
Wow.......
YummyLight368
Posted on 24 December 16 at 22:46
Wow! This sucks! Microsoft! Get your heads out of your asses!
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 24 December 16 at 22:51, Edited on 24 December 16 at 22:56 by Schinderdiv
xPut Name Herex said:
Out of curiosity, why is this? Although the NBA was the only team sport my wife & I ever enjoyed watching I still didn't realize this. I tried searching Google but couldn't come up with much of an answer, just some game schedules.

Nevermind, I figured it out. If anyone else is interested, the answer to my question is here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Associatio...
'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
SkydivingFalcon
Posted on 24 December 16 at 23:04
Wow. Just. Wow.
Hairy Cabbage
Hairy Cabbage
Posted on 24 December 16 at 23:14
my god...
zoidberg1339
zoidberg1339
Posted on 24 December 16 at 23:33
"Wow, great deal!" - nobody
Scarecrow3682
Scarecrow3682
Posted on 24 December 16 at 23:38
What a fantastic sale, said nobody ever.....
Fire Hawk D
Fire Hawk D
Posted on 24 December 16 at 23:42
morphable freak said:
i never complain about any sales or gwg. but this is PATHETIC. REALLY NBA? O I GUESS WE ALL WATCH THE NBA THEN SINCE 2 OR 3 GAMES ARE ON CHRISTMAS.
"I never complain but proceed to complain" cliché.

Anyway, as others said, it's a big day for the NBA. Not a surprise. This happens every year.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.