The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 27th, 2016

• SchinderdivSchinderdiv810,672
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 14:26
    Destroy All Humans looks fun. Any opinions on its value for the sale price? Sometimes games like these look like a blast but feel tedious
    'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
  • matdanmatdan840,544
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 14:55
    BanjoRebel said:
    Destroy All Humans looks fun. Any opinions on its value for the sale price? Sometimes games like these look like a blast but feel tedious
    At that price I would say you would get value, enjoyable game.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko325,956
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 15:39
    If anything, it's Book of Unwritten Tales II, and maybe the Rock 'n Racing Bundle. But probably just the Book.
    "I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
  • LyzyrdLyzyrd1,852,719
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 15:56
    BanjoRebel said:
    The game is fun and silly. Not as good as the first Destroy All Humans, though. They need a new DAH and Stubbs the Zombie for XB1....
  • adamrulzadamrulz416,097
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 16:00
    MC PHILABUSTA said:
    I wonder how Claire is?
    Here is a review on the games page. I think I'm going to give it a go. For that price, I may as well.

Review- Claire: Extended Cut Reviews
  • Posted on 28 December 16 at 17:55
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Tears 0f Wolves said:
    For some reason when trying to buy Sniper: ghost warrior 2 my only options are to rate it or pin it. Does that mean it's not available in New Zealand or some shit?
    Correct. New Zealand games are a subset of Australia games which are a subset of Europe games which are a subset of US games. Mostly because the publishers can't be arsed to get it rated for the smaller markets.
    Or it's a pain in the butt to modify the game to get released in those specific countries. Ever play the German version of The Darkness? Pretty stupid watching the Darkness eat nothing after 'pushing' a guy in his chest. That was a couple of weeks of extra testing and coding to remove things for one specific country.
  • blueracer442blueracer442862,181
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 18:16
    Maesenko said:
    If anything, it's Book of Unwritten Tales II, and maybe the Rock 'n Racing Bundle. But probably just the Book.
    Avoid the Rock 'n Racing bundle. They look like fun throwbacks but they are awful.
  • Posted on 28 December 16 at 21:10
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Tears 0f Wolves said:
    For some reason when trying to buy Sniper: ghost warrior 2 my only options are to rate it or pin it. Does that mean it's not available in New Zealand or some shit?
    Correct. New Zealand games are a subset of Australia games which are a subset of Europe games which are a subset of US games. Mostly because the publishers can't be arsed to get it rated for the smaller markets.
    Thanks for the info HolyHalfDead
    How awesome of Microsoft to dicktease me with a sale I can't partake of
  • AndruwJonesAndruwJones469,090
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 22:39
    Picked up the Artifex bundle and book of unwritten tales. 4 easy completions for under $20...yes please smile
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv810,672
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 23:11
    Thank you matdan & Lyzyrd for your opinions. I believe I shall purchase it to save to try when I have less backlog.
    'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
  • Apocalypse KaneApocalypse Kane1,835,312
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 00:44
    picked both "snipers"!
  • Redders 420Redders 4201,285,430
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 02:07
    I noticed Xcom 2 and Steep have 30% off for the next 15 days
    It's more than just a game, it's a passion.
  • Posted on 29 December 16 at 04:41, Edited on 29 December 16 at 04:42 by FightingMegaFoo
    Chewie, are you implying that Farming Simulator isn't good? I'll bet you'll be first in line when LucasArts releases Star Wars: Moisture Farming Simulator.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,764,465
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 10:01
    Redders 420 said:
    They're part of the massive list from the second week of Countdown to 2017 sales, which will be published later
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Redders 420Redders 4201,285,430
    Posted on 29 December 16 at 10:10, Edited on 29 December 16 at 10:11 by Redders 420
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Redders 420 said:
    They're part of the massive list from the second week of Countdown to 2017 sales, which will be published later
    OK Thanks Chewie, hope you had a nice Christmas wave
    It's more than just a game, it's a passion.
  • misfit119misfit1191,116,535
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 20:47
    BanjoRebel said:
    It's a decent enough game but by the time you're trying to clean up all of the collectibles you just want the damn thing to be over with. Very much outstays its welcome at that point. If that doesn't bother you it's damn worth the price. I paid $5 for it and felt I got my moneys worth so, ya know, well worth it.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Posted on 02 January 17 at 06:30
    Penarium is pretty fun for 6-7 hours, if you can get past the glitch that kicks you back to the title screen 10 minutes after you start the game (it occurs once per game session, so after dealing with the glitch it doesn't happen again unless you close the game).
  • HoodedOneHoodedOne281,157
    Posted on 02 January 17 at 20:00
    misfit119 said:
    BanjoRebel said:
    It's a decent enough game but by the time you're trying to clean up all of the collectibles you just want the damn thing to be over with. Very much outstays its welcome at that point. If that doesn't bother you it's damn worth the price. I paid $5 for it and felt I got my moneys worth so, ya know, well worth it.
    Exactly how I felt about the game, its worth the price just gets kinda tedious towards the end of collecting but nothing hard
    ~HoodedOne!~ <(^.^<)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.