The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Countdown to 2017 Weekly Deals: Week Two - December 29th-January 9th

• visheyryvisheyry525,901
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 00:25
    Man of Steel079 said:
    visheyry said:
    I want to think Fallout 4 season pass will be cheaper in the future. I have a big enough backlog to wait it out.

Also, shame on anyone who didn't get Sunset Overdrive when it was GWG and paying for it now.
    Exception is those that are new comers to Xbox one that got a console from Santa 🎅 . I'm just saying..
    Fair enough ;)
  • Posted on 30 December 16 at 00:32
    visheyry said:
    Man of Steel079 said:
    visheyry said:
    I want to think Fallout 4 season pass will be cheaper in the future. I have a big enough backlog to wait it out.

Also, shame on anyone who didn't get Sunset Overdrive when it was GWG and paying for it now.
    Exception is those that are new comers to Xbox one that got a console from Santa 🎅 . I'm just saying..
    Fair enough ;)
    I got the One GWG before I owned a One. Buy it for free on the xbox site.
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv871,673
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 00:33
    BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:
    Very much appreciate the list!

Is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Worth $30? I've never played it and have wanted to.
    Indeed. Probably the best money I've spent on a game, and I bought the expansions at full price, the base game when it was about $40. $30 for it all is a steal in my opinion. I wasn't too concerned about the combat mechanics like a lot of others were though. I enjoyed the depth & detail in the game immensely to not care.
    'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
  • Osiris 79bcOsiris 79bc170,716
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 00:37, Edited on 30 December 16 at 00:39 by Osiris 79bc
    BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:
    visheyry said:
    Man of Steel079 said:
    visheyry said:

Fair enough ;)
    I got the One GWG before I owned a One. Buy it for free on the xbox site.
    Looks like we all three agree to be half right then. FYI I own it from GWG as well. 😎
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,150,112
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 00:44, Edited on 30 December 16 at 00:48 by XI AlphaMale IX
    Don't Starve: Giant Edition is amazing. Everyone should play it and boost my ratio.

Games I'm considering:

10 Second Ninja X
    101 Ways to Die
    Castle Crashers Remastered
    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
    Mad Max
    Manual Samuel

BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:
    Is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Worth $30? I've never played it and have wanted to.
    Seriously, one of the best games I've ever played, and a ludicrous amount of content for that price.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,150,112
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 00:52
    Thanks.
  • Posted on 30 December 16 at 00:57
    I knew Marvel Ultimate Alliance would go on sale at some point. But I still can't justify spending that much on those 2 games, especially when they didn't get remastered in any way.
  • MrBubbles451MrBubbles451463,089
  • Posted on 30 December 16 at 01:17
    Still no division season pass uggghhhh
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Posted on 30 December 16 at 01:32
    Opinion says I'm skipping electric bill till next week for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition clap
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 December 16 at 02:16
    Thanks for making a list Chewie.
  • Posted on 30 December 16 at 02:18
    Mad Max at $10 is a steal!
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • Posted on 30 December 16 at 03:10, Edited on 30 December 16 at 03:12 by FightingMegaFoo
    Why, oh why are they being so stubborn with Rebel Galaxy? It's been out almost a full year and has never been on sale. angry It's available on Steam for $6.79 right now, so why not Xbox?
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic577,957
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 03:18
    visheyry said:

Doubtful for the near to mid future. Even with the discount, it is still ~$3.50 more than when it originally came out. The lowest I've seen it go since the price increase was, $30 on the current Steam sale, which is its original pricing.

That being said, this sale, while having a lot of stuff, doesn't really have that many "deals". I'm hoping the Amazon digital sale tomorrow has better deals than this on something like Watch Dogs 2 & Rise of the Tomb Raider. Maybe Dead Rising 4 if its cheap enough.
  • DCM7734DCM7734219,251
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 04:39
    Sadly, these sales aren't that great. It would nice if some of these major titles had better sales.

The only thing that interests me enough to be even remotely interested in paying the sale price for it is the Don't Starve Bundle. I own it on Steam, and I haven't even put but 2 or 3 hours MAX into it. Then again, I hardly play any of my Steam games, but still.
    Bah Humbug.
  • RDSRDS455,650
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 04:55
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    Thanks Chewie, I would literally know dick all without this legendary shit each sale! clap Legend amongst wookies, to be sure.

OT: I bought everything that's on sale here at Black Friday, so this is like a re-run roll
    What did you get then? Only thing I got was MGSV: The Phantom Pain, but got a lot of what I wanted in the Black Friday sale
  • HermitXBHermitXB142,230
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 06:25
    These sales aren't that great, especially if you live outside of the US. The games i am interested in have a terrible conversion rate. Let's use one of the LEGO games for example, $10 for America.....£22.50 for the UK. What the hell ? Mad Max is another one and it was the same with the Batman games last week.

Another thing that has annoyed me is that some of these games that are supposed to be on special aren't even available for us in the UK. Catherine and Final Fantasy Type-0 are two games i am interested and they aren't even available outside of the US.

Again, it's just a mix of deals that were on sale throughout the year with deals with gold, the difference is that they are priced higher. Even with the prices being cut, some of these games STILL don't match the price of physical copies. Lightning Returns on sale at £10 ? i may as well just get a physical copy cheaper on ebay.

It's been a terrible year for sales on Xbox, we have had much better years than this. All we are getting now is games rehashed again and again and again.
  • EinhanderEinhander240,230 240,230 GamerScore
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 06:42
    laugh
  • Posted on 30 December 16 at 07:56
    AlphaSignal said:
    I would spend so much money on Season Passes/DLC if they actually put any of them on sale. But we only ever get discounts on the Gold Editions
    I really contemplated buying the gold edition of dead rising 4 because of that, but I didn't want to spend an extra 12 bucks or whatever it was(I am in Canada). I have been finding myself not that interested in dlc most of the time this generation because I haven't had an dlc that really grabbed me so far. I did buy lego star wars force awakens gold because it was only 3 bucks more. I would have probably bought blizzard mountain if it was on sale though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads