The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Countdown to 2017 Weekly Deals: Week Two - December 29th-January 9th

AuthorMessage
R3f1CuL
R3f1CuL
Posted on 30 December 16 at 08:06
dunno if ive just amassed such a collection of games that it doesnt matter anymore but barring a few nice grabs on black friday(but those were mainly amazon) i just havent been impressed with anything on sale in forever now it seems :( ... got tomb raider season pass on sale a while back that was a truly nice grab but everything else they act like they are really doing something amazing when it just isnt that great 95% of the time sadly :/
that guy
R3f1CuL
R3f1CuL
Posted on 30 December 16 at 08:13
these companies at some point should just get together and offer a full week when all season passes are on sale for some of these games... there is no fucking way they would lose money, especially for some of these older games where people just cant justify paying more for season pass content then what the current version of the full retail price would cost them used in physical format :/ its just smart business and i have no idea why these companies price some dlc as ludicrous as they do anyways ... it blows my mind how much gaming as a medium still has to grow on some of these fronts :( selling more at less is still going to generate more revenue then they could possibly be making selling at the prices they do now seriously did any of these people go to business school? lol
that guy
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 30 December 16 at 08:13
R3f1CuL said:
dunno if ive just amassed such a collection of games that it doesnt matter anymore but barring a few nice grabs on black friday(but those were mainly amazon) i just havent been impressed with anything on sale in forever now it seems :( ... got tomb raider season pass on sale a while back that was a truly nice grab but everything else they act like they are really doing something amazing when it just isnt that great 95% of the time sadly :/
I like sales because in Canada the main game went from 60 dollars at the beginning of the generation to 90 dollars. I find these sales much better than pre xb1 days, I don't recall as much going on sale or as soon.
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 30 December 16 at 08:35
R3f1CuL said:
these companies at some point should just get together and offer a full week when all season passes are on sale for some of these games... there is no fucking way they would lose money, especially for some of these older games where people just cant justify paying more for season pass content then what the current version of the full retail price would cost them used in physical format :/ its just smart business and i have no idea why these companies price some dlc as ludicrous as they do anyways ... it blows my mind how much gaming as a medium still has to grow on some of these fronts :( selling more at less is still going to generate more revenue then they could possibly be making selling at the prices they do now seriously did any of these people go to business school? lol
If they draw extra attention to an old game, they have to prep support channels as well. I think there comes a time where the amount of sales gained would be not worth their time to get all the paperwork in place or to even do the extra accounting on some things. It has to be a projected worthwhile gain to be worth their time, and your worthwhile amount is probably different than theirs. In addition to support channels, and accounting, they probably have to have their lawyers go over contracts etc to make sure any contracts are adhered to along with proper review of licencing and royalties if applicable. Indy would different, but I can imagine the bureaucracy with these bigger companies.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 30 December 16 at 08:49
Looks like I'll be getting a USD gift card and getting LEGO Jurassic Park for less than half price in the UK store
Yours sincerely, TG
Arran R W
Arran R W
Posted on 30 December 16 at 09:15
TangerineGamer said:
Looks like I'll be getting a USD gift card and getting LEGO Jurassic Park for less than half price in the UK store
If you don't have the 360 version, it's £9.99 atm. Still crazy though that this version is £22 and US is $10
SkydivingFalcon
Posted on 30 December 16 at 09:17
It's nice to see that Final Fantasy Type-O is only on sale in the US angry.
BrendonDoubleU
Posted on 30 December 16 at 10:51
Rocket League - YAY!

Thanks for the postings!!!!:)
TangerineGamer
Posted on 30 December 16 at 10:56
Arran R W said:
TangerineGamer said:
If you don't have the 360 version, it's £9.99 atm. Still crazy though that this version is £22 and US is $10
I've rented and completed it, can't be arsed with the whole VPN thing to get 360 games from other regions
Yours sincerely, TG
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 30 December 16 at 11:01
I want to grab Kings Quest but the discount is not tempting enough. Would also have to replay episode one.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 30 December 16 at 11:09
LuckyConquerer2 said:
I want to grab Kings Quest but the discount is not tempting enough. Would also have to replay episode one.
I know what you mean, it'll come down (I think/hope) later in the year. I'd take it for £10-£12
Yours sincerely, TG
Saiyan Ruuku
Saiyan Ruuku
Posted on 30 December 16 at 12:13, Edited on 30 December 16 at 12:14 by Saiyan Ruuku
I was looking to see if there was a sale on ESO, there wasn't so I bought it a few days ago, this is just typical.
If it works, it isn't stupid.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 30 December 16 at 12:40
TangerineGamer said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
I know what you mean, it'll come down (I think/hope) later in the year. I'd take it for £10-£12
Yeah, even if I bought it now, I would not play it immediately. Have Final Fantasy, Just Cause 3, Yu Gi Oh, Unity and Battlefield 4 to crack. Likely to go on sale again. I had the same though about Telltale's Batman season pass. Grabbed Michonne's, Tales of Borderlands' and GoT's season passes instead.
Silvery Death
Silvery Death
Posted on 30 December 16 at 15:34
Glad I got the Tomb Raider Season Pass when it was $6 as part of the Black Friday sale, now it is twice as much on sale. laugh
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCom3yzbUaMRPgeHVhLlPvjw (My Youtube Channel)
CM Trance
CM Trance
Posted on 30 December 16 at 18:55
Silvery Death said:
Glad I got the Tomb Raider Season Pass when it was $6 as part of the Black Friday sale, now it is twice as much on sale. laugh
Really? How did I missed that? Ugh... oh well. I might get it anyway.

Also might get FF Type-0... i'd like to go back into this game...
ChuggyBeggs
ChuggyBeggs
Posted on 30 December 16 at 19:43
Middle-earth pricing in the UK is a joke compared to the US. I see for the inferior 360 versions the pricing/exchange is far more reasonable. Can I just change my region to get it at the US price?
Warku1t
Warku1t
Posted on 30 December 16 at 20:37
Awesome!! Dead Rising Triple Bundle Pack as expected, I still can't wait to play Dead Rising 4 but its just too expensive right now so I'll just wait
CasperTC
CasperTC
Posted on 30 December 16 at 22:19
Ive never played Star Trek Online but can someone tell me what 23000 Zen gets you in game? I'm just really curious as to why anybody would spend $150 ?? And that's 25% off!
Zoda iZ Cruel
Zoda iZ Cruel
Posted on 30 December 16 at 22:52
Noone up for layers of fear like me? Wow. Totally getting it next days, hell yeah. Thanks TA!
G O I7ofL 1 V E
Posted on 31 December 16 at 01:27
I own the season passes for both CoD Ghosts and AW on the 360. Do I have to purchase them again on the One or do the season passes transfer over?
G O DofL 1 V E
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.