Game Discussion: Wasteland 2: Director's Cut (Win 10) Forum

Game saves being deleted/lost

AuthorMessage
MustaPastori
MustaPastori
Posted on 24 November 18 at 17:23
You're right, now that they're owned by Microsoft they'll maybe start reading those. laugh I'll put in a ticket today.

It seems I spoke too soon. There's definitely something strange still going on. The saves I made yesterday are there and work, but if I reload some older saves and then try to load those I made recently, it'll load up one older save where I'm about to enter the chopper before the endgame no matter what save I load. laugh And now it's asking me about the brightness and saturation again.. The saves started to work correctly only after rebooting the game. Insane. headspin

I thought about starting over as well but I fear losing the saves where I'm at the end of Arizona / in California and the chance to try to pop the Scavenger achievement.

I have that same version.
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 26 November 18 at 13:25
I put in a ticket over the weekend. Fingers crossed for a response and better yet, a fix!
Swinny Costello
Posted on 28 November 18 at 02:46, Edited on 28 November 18 at 02:47 by Swinny Costello
How this game is so unbelievably screwed up is beyond me. I can understand things like glitches/broken quests, etc. Even unobtainable achievements... I can at least fathom how these issues can occur.

But to have the save system so utterly broken that the game is literally unplayable for (what seems like) the majority of players... just utterly baffles me. It's like it didn't even get tested whatsoever.
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 28 November 18 at 13:22, Edited on 28 November 18 at 14:59 by Za Pantsupati
I'm wondering if they tested the live version of the game at all. My first ticket way back in like January of 2017 was answered and they said at the time they could not reproduce the issue and it never came up during MS certification. Maybe the dev build is fine but something went wrong when it got published to the actual marketplace?

No response to my ticket or forum post yet.
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 05 December 18 at 14:50
I sent a private message on their forums to one of the moderators and this was their response:

"Hey there, the answer has been "no" for bizdev reasons, and as far as I know that's still the case. Obviously, with the Microsoft acquisition, that may change, but as of right now we don't have current plans to update the game on that platform yet."

Basically it would cost too much money based on how many copies it sold is what I'm reading. Pretty shitty. I say we keep on them, try to include Microsoft somehow. Shit needs to be fixed.
Swinny Costello
Posted on 06 December 18 at 01:06
I might consider getting a refund from Microsoft then. I paid full price for it (I'm assuming we all did - don't know if it's ever been on sale) - which is a decent chunk of money for a literally unplayable game.

It will be the first time I've ever tried to get a video game refund after 30 years. If that isn't a clear indicator of how screwed this is, then I don't know what is.
MustaPastori
MustaPastori
Posted on 06 December 18 at 20:08
Well, at least you got a response. Bit strange, considering they just patched something. I wish they'd have patched the Scavenger achievement if they're going to drop this game. If they leave this as is, this'll be the last game I purchase from the Windows Store.

It's been on sale at least once, I bought it at a discount.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.