Game Discussion: Wasteland 2: Director's Cut (Win 10) Forum

Game saves being deleted/lost

AuthorMessage
Terrin
Terrin
Posted on 30 June 19 at 07:18
Tully123 said:
https://imgur.com/U9JyGKn

"Hi there, we're aware of the issue and are currently working on updating the game. We don't have a set ETA, but are endeavoring to get this build live ASAP. "

inXile Entertainment

Maybe after all this time it could get fixed?
honestly it wouldn't surprise me. pc game pass has brought a lot of visibility to these games.
superhot just sent a message out saying they will update there game as well
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 12 July 19 at 02:24, Edited on 12 July 19 at 02:24 by LV 1 Blue Slime
Saw this was on game pass and thought I'd finally pick it up. I can look past the unobtainable...I have enough on this GT already that my GT is borked in that regard, but the save issue is quite a deal breaker. It's been a long time since I've played the console version but I don't remember it being very quick...
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 12 July 19 at 12:32, Edited on 12 July 19 at 12:32 by Za Pantsupati
"FYI - we're working on an update now, though I don't have an ETA on it. The build is in Microsoft's hands, and there's some extra stuff they have to put in place so it functions properly with their systems. "

Seems like it should be sooner than later to get updated, though that was posted on 06/27 so it's already been two weeks.

The guide here on TA estimates 70-80 hours. The guide I wrote for XBA I put 50-60 so I'm not sure where the variance comes from. I also wrote a very basic walkthrough in tandem with my achievement guide. https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6692...
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:05
I probably based the time on how long I spent on the game. Though some of that time may have just been from typing while I played making things take a bit longer.
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:42
That could be. I generally do all my guide writing at work and only fire up the game if I can't remember something and have to check the game itself, so my times tend to be on the lower side and assume the player will also do nothing extra. I'm also a bit OCD and research a ton about a game before I play if possible to minimize anything extraneous.

Like FFX/X-2 I kept seeing 100+ guaranteed on both and I beat X in like 84 and will be done with X-2 in about 65.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 12 July 19 at 21:35, Edited on 12 July 19 at 21:36 by LV 1 Blue Slime
X depends a lot on the monster hunting probably...when I originally did it on PS2 I had to spend dozens of hours getting the tonberries in Yojimbo's cave. I've been dreading doing it again...

As long as this gets patched eventually I'm fine, I've got all the Kemco RPGs to go through before I'll touch other PC games, probably. Just hope my laptop can run it headspin
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Viks021
Viks021
Posted on 14 July 19 at 15:50
Hi all,
for two days I have tried to play this game through Xbox game pass and faced the same issue like all of you. Anyway I got really stubborn regarding this and I think I have found solution. Tested a bit, SAVED GAMES REMAINED OK. Please try it at your own risk. The following bullets works for me. I play through Xbox GamesPass, using Surface Pro 6, Win10Ent.

1. How to change game resolution: native resolution of my surface was overkill for integrated Intel graphics (IntelUHD620). I have lowered my desktop resolution to 1440x900 (to keep aspect ratio) and game automatically took desktop resolution, running smooth on decent graphic setting.

2. How to add custom portraits: C:\Users\your user account\AppData\Local\Packages\181CBCCD.Wasteland2DirectorsCut_9y3t8zad226mc\LocalState\Custom Portraits
Now I'm not sure what will be the name of the Wasteland2SiretorsCut folder on other machines but you will recognize the proper destination.

3. Saved Games Fix: this is a bit more complicated.
- Open Windows Explorer, click on View tab and make sure that Hidden items is checked (you need to be able to see hidden files)
- Now go to C:\Program Files\ find hidden WindowsApps folder, right click on it and click Properties
- Go to Security tab and click to Advanced button
- In the windows that opens you will see the following: Owner: unable to display current owner. (shield) Change - click on Change (you need to have Admin rights)
- On the next windows you will again see: Owner: TrustedInstaller Change - click to Change
- The next windows will open. In the white field enter your user name and click Check Names to be sure that you have typed it correctly and that it will be recognized. Click OK.
- On the previous windows you will now see that your user account is recognized as the owner. Click checkbox left of the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" and click OK.
- After a couple of second operation will complete and you are now able to open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder and check its content
- On my comp first in the list is 181CBCCD.Wasteland2DirectorsCut_1.6.0.0_x64__9y3t8zad226mc. This is Wasteland 2 installation directory. Enter this folder, select all its content (CTRL+A), right click -> Properties -> uncheck "Read only" box -> Apply -> OK. If you receive question that some items cannot be changed, click on Ignore.

- Now do the same for C:\Users\your user account\AppData\Local\Packages\181CBCCD.Wasteland2DirectorsCut_9y3t8zad226mc
- Select all (CTRL+A) -> right click -> Properties -> uncheck "Read only" box -> Apply -> OK

Restart and (hopefully) enjoy.

I have tried multiple restarts, enter/exit game, start from Xbox or by desktop shortcut - worked each time. Let me know if it works for you and if this fix is solved problem.

Kind regards and may your canteens always be full :)

Vik
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted yesterday at 12:49
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
As long as this gets patched eventually I'm fine, I've got all the Kemco RPGs to go through before I'll touch other PC games, probably. Just hope my laptop can run it headspin
Not sure if it's another issue the game has, or my laptop is just weak, but with a controller unfortunately the game stuttered horribly. When I switched to just using the laptop controls, it was fine.
Zekling
Zekling
Posted yesterday at 13:40
Started playing this yesterday and had the same save issues everyone has mentioned. I was saving alot. Got to a part with a low chance of success so I saved and attempted. Failed. No biggie, I'll just load my save!
Load it..... and it brings me to the main menu and only has "New Game" as a choice. WTF? So I close and reopen. Huzzah! I can load a save!.... except it's my save from hours previous.

I'll try Viks save fix and hopefully that works. Otherwise I won't be playing this on PC :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.