Game Discussion: Wasteland 2: Director's Cut (2016) (Windows)

Game saves being deleted/lost

• FinnanFinnan1,196,403
    Posted on 10 September 19 at 18:53
    at least it's a positive reply, better than nothing :)
  • FinnanFinnan1,196,403
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 23:54
    Since the game is at least apparently downloadable again with game pass, how do we go about removing the flag saying the game has been delisted?
  • HealttiHealtti3,613,522
    Posted on 11 November 19 at 14:24, Edited on 11 November 19 at 14:25 by Healtti
    "Soon"

Riiight.
    Steelstorm (inXile Entertainment)
    Nov 9, 10:48 AM PST
    Hello there,
    We will release a fix soon to address these issues. Thank you for contacting us.
    Regards,
    inXile
    This was a response to my latest complaint re: the re-release having no achievement support.
    "We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
  • Posted on 11 November 19 at 20:42, Edited on 11 November 19 at 20:45 by Za Pantsupati
    I'll be VERY interested to see how they implement that fix. Ideally, they would just merge the two together and have one fixed version on the marketplace that has the same achievement list from before so people who started it can just finish it.

I'm fairly certain they'll fuck it up and just slap an achievement list on the new version, leaving the old list still unable to be completed both by people who started it (because of the glitched achievement and old version's save problems) AND those who haven't (because the old version I believe is only accessible to those who owned it before the new version was published).
  • Ariose999Ariose999681,953
    Posted on 13 December 19 at 11:05
    any status updates? :)
  • Posted on 21 May 20 at 16:30, Edited on 21 May 20 at 16:36 by Za Pantsupati
    So they have made the "fixed" version on PC that didn't have achievements a Play Anywhere title, so it now shares progress and achievements with the Xbox One version. https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/wasteland-2-is-now...

I'm assuming they have done nothing with the delisted PC version that has its own achievement list though, still rendering that useless.
  • Swinny CostelloSwinny Costello1,118,259
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 01:16
    I still regret not requesting a refund. What a trashfire.
  • jimbotonjimboton198,738
    Posted on 03 June 20 at 19:33, Edited on 03 June 20 at 19:33 by jimboton
    Za Pantsupati said:
    So they have made the "fixed" version on PC that didn't have achievements a Play Anywhere title, so it now shares progress and achievements with the Xbox One version. https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/wasteland-2-is-now...

I'm assuming they have done nothing with the delisted PC version that has its own achievement list though, still rendering that useless.
    ..except it seems achievements still don't work on PC, Play Anywhere or not. I just did the 'What Does This Button Do?' one and nothing popped.

Trashfire indeed.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.